Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

7 minutes ago, Toonz said:

I just received tracking from okini, but i think the item has not left the warehouse yet.

Well, screw it I say. I wanted an extra anyway. I just ordered from Okini Land. Let's see who ships first. Okini Land or Luna Park. Who wants to bet on Luna Park?

If Luna Park tracking goes live tomorrow all of you that ordered from Luna Park can thank me.:D I made Bandai release the DX Focker. My powers work in strange ways!:lol:

23 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

What does the "status" change to on Okiniland when a PO item is on-hand/ready to ship?  Currently mine says "Pre-Order Confirmed"....this was my first order from them...a "just in case" GBP Armor Set

If you have already paid and choose your shipping method at the time of preorder then it will just change to SHIPPED from Pre-order confirmed when they ship it. 

16 minutes ago, F360 said:

If you have already paid and choose your shipping method at the time of preorder then it will just change to SHIPPED from Pre-order confirmed when they ship it. 

I chose "personal stock"....I just assumed that was their version of HLJ's private warehouse.....guess I better ask them how long they can hold it

13 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Battle of the 1/48s!
3..2..1..Fight!
(one might be a little dustier than the other)

20210923_144018.jpg

Nice...in that angle they look fairly identical.......it's like you went into the future and brought back a Bandai DX DYRL-type GBP-1S armor set!  That dark blue color would be ideal for it and would easily set it apart from the TV version....congrats!

Got mine from Okini Land today, couple of group shots.  Overall, I like the look, and even the oversized fists are growing on me.  To my eye, it looks closer to the actual in-anime look, but maybe that's just me.  

Biggest negative so far is that just feels... kind of cheap.  I was hoping for something more "premium" feeling, like the Yamcadia armor parts.  These are thin to borderline flimsy (at least my copy), and putting them on wasn't the smooth experience the yamcadia GBP is.  Some parts took more pressure than I thought they should, others felt too thin.  If I'm being generous to Bandai, they maybe had to go a little thin to keep overall weight down, but really, I think they could have just used better quality plastic.

Still, nothing too bad, and I'm happy with the purchase.  It's been a while since I've gotten any new Macross stuff, and I kind of missed it.

IMG_20210923_214317.jpg

IMG_20210923_214701.jpg

24 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

, others felt too thin.

The crotch front/back connector felt dangerously fragile when mounting it for me, thought it was just me.
Also my arm outer armor REALLY took some pressure to mount on my orig release vf-1j..like REALLY hard to make it fit.

18 minutes ago, Shawn said:

The crotch front/back connector felt dangerously fragile when mounting it for me, thought it was just me.
Also my arm outer armor REALLY took some pressure to mount on my orig release vf-1j..like REALLY hard to make it fit.

Yeah, had the same experience, so it's probably an issue with the design.  The little center peg on my crotch armor was too big fit in the hole (that's what she said?), and I had to sand it down a little to actually fit.  Had the same arm armor issue, as well.

Even the legs took some fiddling to get lined up.  This honestly feels like a late-stage pre-production sample that needed another round or two of refinement.  Oh well, it looks really good, especially with all the tampo.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Anyone try it on a VF-1D?

Isn't the canopy cover different in a two seater than a one seater?? If I remember correctly, @jenius had posted the HMR GPB Chest Armour on a VT-1 chest and it looked totally weird. I'm sure that the DX Solo GBP Chest Armour is no different than the HMR version as the DX is amped up more. The FEXT Hobby version was specially made for the two seater canopy covers. 

Bandai-HMR-VE-1-5.jpg

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

Yep! Mine would not close, so it is slightly ajar, did not want to force it. Looks like there are some minor fit issues with some of these.

7 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, had the same experience, so it's probably an issue with the design.  The little center peg on my crotch armor was too big fit in the hole (that's what she said?), and I had to sand it down a little to actually fit.  Had the same arm armor issue, as well.

Even the legs took some fiddling to get lined up.  This honestly feels like a late-stage pre-production sample that needed another round or two of refinement.  Oh well, it looks really good, especially with all the tampo.

This bums me out.:(

Got charged by HLJ too. DHL shipping to AU 7k+ for DHL, and then combined with the DX 1S in my PW it’s over 12K… (and some other little items that added another 1k)

Seriously considering surface for my whole PW which is only 5-6k. I don’t even have space to display my DXs right now so no rush to have more DXs except to have new toys to play with to help offset the continual Covid lockdowns and working from home since March 2020… 

EDIT: couldn’t bring myself to spend so much for DHL shipping. Placed the order for surface shipping.

Now the long wait for a box full of goodies.

Edited by eggy99

Woohoo! HLJ Charged and I already put on shipping. DHL was a little under $50. Not horrid considering how shipping has been going since COVID started. 

I have a set of Just the Armor on Hobby Genki, which I'll probably sell when it arrives. I dont think I need two after all. 

41 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Woohoo! HLJ Charged and I already put on shipping. DHL was a little under $50. Not horrid considering how shipping has been going since COVID started. 

I have a set of Just the Armor on Hobby Genki, which I'll probably sell when it arrives. I dont think I need two after all. 

That’s not bad at all. Curious how the others will shape up; I haven’t shipped anything yet.