Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's less expensive shipped EMS on AmazonJP by a few bucks. $411 vs $471 (shipped to my US location).

Tempted in getting one. Little sketchy with images I've seen from Luna Parks shipping and same price. But not a more then 1 person. Money won't allow it, bit I have some spare coin atm. 

The armor is massive and the pictures just did not do it justice. Was checking out how it fit the leg pieces together and one side was bigger than my mouse (and heavier). I'm going to go back to staring at it...

Edited by Syro

17 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

And gone from Okini

It's funny that they sell out that fast while AmazonJP has had them up for slightly less for almost a week now.

I'm curious to see what happens on actual release day. I've got a full set and armor only on the way. But I'll pick up another full set if it's the right price. I think I'll pull the trigger on $400 shipped DHL. Especially if it's from AmazonJP. Click, click, send.

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

And gone from Okini

Hrm, for what it's worth I was able to place an order for the VF-1J w/armor about 20 minutes ago on Okiniland.  I did sign up for the update on item availability which I'm not sure makes a difference or not. I still see the Add to Cart option right now as well. 

Edited by max

1 minute ago, Toonz said:

I still haven't heard from Okini and I dropped them a ticket. First time buying from them and I hope this will not turn to be another NY situation as I have enough of raising ticket after ticket.

I have purchased about 5 things Macross related in the last  year and a half, with no issue. To the point they arey first choice whenever possible. 

Just my experience

Currently on amazon jp 

Items:¥37,055

Shipping & handling:¥9,000

Order total:¥46,055

On Okiniland

item 38,000 yen

Surface

~3 months after shipment

¥ 3,700

FedEx

~3 days after shipment

¥ 6,153

DHL Express

~3 days after shipment

¥ 6,331

EMS

~5 days after shipment

¥ 9,650

so you can save from shipping with Okiniland if you choose anything but ems.

11 minutes ago, Toonz said:

I still haven't heard from Okini and I dropped them a ticket. First time buying from them and I hope this will not turn to be another NY situation as I have enough of raising ticket after ticket.

This is my second purchase with them and got the item for $417 shipped FedEx to the US. I ordered the VF-1S DX from them last year and it went very smoothly.  I don't know how much this is on Amazon.jp, but the prices at Okini have been reasonable compared to other options for the most part.  I've been seeing this item around ~ $465 on Ebay and I won't go near any of the ones people usually complain about endlessly here like NY etc, :)

19 minutes ago, F360 said:

Currently on amazon jp 

Items:¥37,055

~

so you can save from shipping with Okiniland if you choose anything but ems.

Amazon includes local Japan tax when you first see the price but his is removed when you check it out so it's actually around ¥ 34 113 + Shipping.

image.png.4422a80609620afad783f61ab502378f.png

In my case it was cheaper by around 40 bucks including shipping compared to Okini. But it'll depend on your country of course.

Edited by gabuyan

23 minutes ago, gabuyan said:

Amazon includes local Japan tax when you first see the price but his is removed when you check it out so it's actually around ¥ 34 113 + Shipping.

image.png.4422a80609620afad783f61ab502378f.png

In my case it was cheaper by around 40 bucks including shipping compared to Okini. But it'll depend on your country of course.

Amazon removes Japan tax , but they also add in your country/state/city sales tax  . This is what the price looks like after adding USA sales tax.

582E0AF8-A360-4B2A-93B5-C02F1307CF77.jpeg.9e8e654a498a83256ca06deacd614030.jpeg

So for people in California or have similar high sales tax , it would be cheaper with okiniland . 

Total 41700 yen if shipped by surface ($379 USD)

Total 44153 yen by Fedex ($402 USD)

Total 44331 yen by DHL  ($404 USD)

Edited by F360

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

Amazon removes Japan tax , but they also add in your country/state/city sales tax  . This is what the price looks like after adding USA sales tax.

582E0AF8-A360-4B2A-93B5-C02F1307CF77.jpeg.9e8e654a498a83256ca06deacd614030.jpeg

So for people in California or have similar high sales tax , it would be cheaper with okiniland .

I see. Guess it'll depend on where you reside then. Taxes and shipping have both been increasing like crazy since 2020.

Ehh.. The difference between Okini and Amazon.JP was only $17 (CA tax and DHL shipping), however, Amazon JP was not only more expensive but ships a month later. Anyways.. I caved and bought from Amazon JP when the FOMO kicked in and Okini stopped accepting orders.

12 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Ehh.. The difference between Okini and Amazon.JP was only $17 (CA tax and DHL shipping), however, Amazon JP was not only more expensive but ships a month later. Anyways.. I caved and bought from Amazon JP when the FOMO kicked in and Okini stopped accepting orders.

My take is that Okini is a small private company while Amazon is a global mega corporation making a name for itself based on excellent service with a dedicated service centre... so technically should something happen, you'll get better support from Amazon? Just my opinion though. I order stuff from both sides haha.

I should have thought of and prefaced that your location and local tax rate will be factors when comparing AmazonJP to Okini.

That said, if Okini doesn't have them to sell, AmazonJP is absolutely going to be the better option.:D That is of course right now. Prices chance constantly.

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I have a strong feeling that the AmazonJP ship estimate is based on them building themselves a window in for getting it out the door that they probably won't need and maxing out the time it takes to ship (I do the same thing when selling on feeBay). Under promise/over deliver and all that. EMS has only been taking a few days longer than DHL since EMS started using other carriers for air transport. All that said, I would prefer DHL.

40 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

So which is the better option in terms of getting your stuff delivered undamaged?  DHL or FedEx?  Wasn't sure you had a better chance than the other of it arriving safely.

Probably doesn't matter. FedEx Express (not to be confuse with FedEx Ground) is good about not damaging things. DHL is the gold standard though.

And it's all a moot argument anyway. I just checked. AmazonJP has no sellers shipping directly out of country right now. The seller that was must have sold out last night.

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Just purchased mine!  Glad I was able to get it at a more reasonable price.  I ended up going with DHL.  It wasn't much more than Fedex anyway.  Hopefully the wait isn't too long.  I never got the original VF-1J so I'm good with this.  Thanks for the info. Sqidd :good:

4 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

I wasn't going to buy any more 1/48s but this sure looks special. And then I'd have the HMR, 1/60 and 1/48.

I know I can rely on the level headed crew here to talk me out of this purchase 🆘:friends:

If anybody was level headed here, none of us would be buying this much toys at our respective ages. 🤣

Edited by crackpot

52 minutes ago, crackpot said:

If anybody was level headed here, none of us would be buying this much toys at our respective ages. 🤣

To be satisfied as an adult sometimes means having the things you wanted as a child. Like a house bursting at the seams with dope ass toys, wooooooo!!!

4 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

To be satisfied as an adult sometimes means having the things you wanted as a child. Like a house bursting at the seams with dope ass toys, wooooooo!!!

Half my house is bursting with dope ass toys, the other half, my wife's antiques...who's gonna win when the two sides actually meet in the middle of the house somewhere at some future point in time??? Don't know...or perhaps a singularity will just form in the center of the house....:ph34r:

I think what we can ALL agree on here is that now that we have the 1J with Armor in DX form, what we REALLY need from Bandai is an IN SCALE enemy Recon unit to go along with it! I mean who here wouldn't buy that???!!!:rofl:

Edited by derex3592

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

Half my house is bursting with dope ass toys, the other half, my wife's antiques...who's gonna win when the two sides actually meet in the middle of the house somewhere at some future point in time??? Don't know...or perhaps a singularity will just form in the center of the house....:ph34r:

Come on.. we all know the wife is gonna win.