Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Anyone else get notifications of their GBP Armor packs arrivals?  Requested mine to get shipped, so should have them next week or so.

The official schedule release date is September for the 1st batch and October for the 2nd batch :unknw:

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Anyone else get notifications of their GBP Armor packs arrivals?  Requested mine to get shipped, so should have them next week or so.

7 hours ago, F360 said:

The official schedule release date is September for the 1st batch and October for the 2nd batch :unknw:

Yep, September and October. Screen cap from the Tamashii Nations site:

image.png.070a3f701af79ebf7c87932cd6f43433.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently discovered this wonderful community and I am new to collecting and certainly very late to the PO game for the the DX line. 
I have also been reading through several PO, buy/sale etc threads and this is what I have understood on how this works for fans who do not live in Japan, please do correct me if I am way-off on my understanding on how this works.

1. The DX line is available on the Tamashi website or through the many Japanese retailers like amiami, Luna Park etc. None of the US retailers like BBTS carry them.

2. To get the MSRP on any of the DX line one needs to be sure that they get in a PO on "PO day" through one of the retailers (because Tamashi does not ship to US addresses) else you are out of luck of getting it in the MSRP price.

3. On launch date some retailers may have this available for purchase at MSRP but realistically one must expect the prices to be above MSRP for the most part.

4. Based on the demand there may be times when we cannot find it through any of the regular Japanese retailers and the only option would be to look secondary market and some fellow forum members who might have an extra and be willing to help.

Since I do not have the first edition VF-1J Hikaru yet I was hoping to get it along with the  VF-1J + GBP set and what would be my best option come September? 

I do understand that buying is kinda a gamble, but I was hoping to get you experienced folks view on which way to go. 

Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I posted it here as it is a GBP related question.
Thanks for your time

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently discovered this wonderful community and I am new to collecting and certainly very late to the PO game for the the DX line. 
I have also been reading through several PO, buy/sale etc threads and this is what I have understood on how this works for fans who do not live in Japan, please do correct me if I am way-off on my understanding on how this works.

1. The DX line is available on the Tamashi website or through the many Japanese retailers like amiami, Luna Park etc. None of the US retailers like BBTS carry them.

2. To get the MSRP on any of the DX line one needs to be sure that they get in a PO on "PO day" through one of the retailers (because Tamashi does not ship to US addresses) else you are out of luck of getting it in the MSRP price.

3. On launch date some retailers may have this available for purchase at MSRP but realistically one must expect the prices to be above MSRP for the most part.

4. Based on the demand there may be times when we cannot find it through any of the regular Japanese retailers and the only option would be to look secondary market and some fellow forum members who might have an extra and be willing to help.

Since I do not have the first edition VF-1J Hikaru yet I was hoping to get it along with the  VF-1J + GBP set and what would be my best option come September? 

I do understand that buying is kinda a gamble, but I was hoping to get you experienced folks view on which way to go. 

Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I posted it here as it is a GBP related question.
Thanks for your time

Sounds about right, I recommend giving it a day or two after release to let prices settle in, and then ordering one off Yahoo Japan auctions through a proxy like FromJapan, much simpler than it sounds.  Just expect to pay through the nose on shipping. 

Edited by levzloi

9 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Sounds about right, I recommend giving it a day or two after release to let prices settle in, and then ordering one off Yahoo Japan auctions through a proxy like FromJapan, much simpler than it sounds.  Just expect to pay through the nose on shipping. 

Thank you for your reply.. :) , Lately I have been looking at buyee for yahoo auctions for DX's I have missed and it just seems like a convoluted process. At no point  do I get a sense of a final total before buying, which makes me nervous of the hidden costs they might add in the end

14 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Thank you for your reply.. :) , Lately I have been looking at buyee for yahoo auctions for DX's I have missed and it just seems like a convoluted process. At no point  do I get a sense of a final total before buying, which makes me nervous of the hidden costs they might add in the end

No worries, There will likely be local shipping and consolidation fees in there, as well as a final shipping fee, the first two are mostly negligible, shipping is what takes a hunk out of you.  Also, I'm not sure if this qualifies as Pre order talk, but the appropriate thread for that is here. 

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

I don't think Buyee adds hidden costs. Using them is basically straight-forward. :good:

Check the links below for Buyee conversation:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't think Buyee adds hidden costs. Using them is basically straight-forward. :good:

Check the links below for Buyee conversation:

Thank you @no3Ljm.. I don't know how I missed this thread. 

Back to the DX conversation GBP conversation,

I just noticed that the Armored Valk has 2 pilots, does anyone know why that is? Are they just giving an extra pilot or have I missed something from the show.

10779941a2.jpg

19 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I just noticed that the Armored Valk has 2 pilots, does anyone know why that is? Are they just giving an extra pilot or have I missed something from the show.

Best bet is one figure has its lower portion of the helmet open (Earth use) and one covered (Space use).

Wun6nvl.png.b2a1a3f775e7532dc7fd26d0098483f0.png\

cca9c2d3ab9231adde320eb573b54bdb.jpg.d683855f857d1a5fd0e24acef502a158.jpg

The first one came with the previous VF-1J release. The Space use one is the newer figure for the set release.

item_0000012634_cWlN9kC7_07.jpg.6cef592cde9bc7bd9ce8aec94f3c32d1.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

10779941a2.jpg

It's very likely in two separate boxes bundled together, one likely identical to the first VF-1J release minus the stand, the second for the armor parts.  The armor parts alone were also available, and my guess is they're using the same packaging on both to reduce costs.  So the atmosphere helmet would be with the Valk, and the space helmet would be with the armor.  Likely the same reason we're getting two Valk heads.  Just a guess.

Edited by levzloi

I just got notification from DHL that an item has been picked up and should be delivered to me on Sept 9. There’s nothing to cross reference it to the order for my GBP but I haven’t ordered anything else so that must be it. Didn’t think it would be here this soon. Sweet! I ordered from Nin Nin Game. 

FALSE ALARM. Called DHL and they said it was a mistake. Booo!

Edited by mech9T8

17 hours ago, mech9T8 said:

I just got notification from DHL that an item has been picked up and should be delivered to me on Sept 9. There’s nothing to cross reference it to the order for my GBP but I haven’t ordered anything else so that must be it. Didn’t think it would be here this soon. Sweet! I ordered from Nin Nin Game. 

FALSE ALARM. Called DHL and they said it was a mistake. Booo!

I was freaking out a bit there...come on release day!

Argh!  I just got Nippon-Yasan'ed and got a shipping date change from Sep 30 to Oct 31 - I pre-ordered as soon as it was available but I guess they shifted me to the 2nd batch?!?!  (yes, I know I went to NY against advice, but they haven't failed me yet and it was the only place I could secure a pre-order)

8 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Yes @borgified, are they shifting the solo armour stock to the combo pack?

Since you ordered just the armor set, I'm guessing that they moved you to the second round, which has a release date in Oct. First round of armor and the combo pack are scheduled for release at the end of this month. Not the first time that NY has done this to a MW member when they preordered a TWE item that had a second run (e.g., Super/Strike Parts). At least they didn't just cancel your order outright, so that's something positive. The downside is now you'll have to wait and see if they come through. If not, there will be options on the secondary market, but given how fast the two rounds and the combo pack sold out, they won't be at MSRP unless you happen to find someone looking to offload one right before the release date because they preordered without having to pay in advance and now the bill is coming due.

Yeah, kind of sucks.  They've always come through for me - even the VF-31A fiasco.  As long as I'm not stuck without one waiting for them to deliver only to cancel after all the ones initially for sale comes up - I'll be relieved.  I only want one, I don't have multiples, they are only for me :)

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Yeah, kind of sucks.  They've always come through for me - even the VF-31A fiasco.  As long as I'm not stuck without one waiting for them to deliver only to cancel after all the ones initially for sale comes up - I'll be relieved.  I only want one, I don't have multiples, they are only for me :)

Cancel your order before your purchase protections expire.

29 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

NY hasn't failed me yet, but thanks for your warnings (now you have me worried) 🙄

not sure about TWE items. but N-Y did shipped out my preorder of the METAL BUILD GUNDAM DYNAMES REPAIR III and Soul of Chogokin - GX-71 Beast King GoLion. B))