Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

1 hour ago, HKBEN said:

OMG! Love Bandai more :)

Where is the best place to order the whole set of VF-1J and its GBP armor? Is Nin-Nin-Game ok?

Thanks

Nin-Nin is ok. I bought and preordered some stuff before from them. Not sure what other members would say. ;) 

But Nin-Nin is somehow asking for full payment on this one, correct? Is Nin-Nin the only one who has this on preorder still?

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, HKBEN said:

OMG! Love Bandai more :)

Where is the best place to order the whole set of VF-1J and its GBP armor? Is Nin-Nin-Game ok?

Thanks

Mandrake

Jungle

eBay

YahooJP Auctions

Etc

12 hours ago, borgified said:

If your POing right now @HKBEN, read the PO thread that JVM has created, otherwise sit and wait until November to get one and @sqidd has given hints above (you might have to pay up 37k yen or more for the Full set upon release date).  

With the current reseller price of VF-1J being around 45-48k yen, I'll gladly take GBP combo set for 37k.

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nin-Nin is ok. I bought and preordered some stuff before from them. Not sure what other members would say. ;) 

But Nin-Nin is somehow asking for full payment on this one, correct? Is Nin-Nin the only one who has this on preorder still?

Based on the links from JVM, only Nin-Nin-Game has open to pre-order, the rest of them seemed no stock. It is about 39K for combo, do you know any others shop cheaper for the combo? Thanks.

28 minutes ago, HKBEN said:

Based on the links from JVM, only Nin-Nin-Game has open to pre-order, the rest of them seemed no stock. It is about 39K for combo, do you know any others shop cheaper for the combo? Thanks.

MSRP, without domestic tax, is ¥30,000. For where we are in the PO process right now, ¥39,000 isn't a terrible price. Secondary market prices for DX valks are regularly that much higher than MSRP. If you're looking to pay less than that, your best option is to wait until right before the release date. Some stores might list a few extras at MSRP, but it's more likely that scalpers will start off-loading inventory at lower prices than what you see on Amazon and Yahoo for POs right now. You should also see decent prices on the secondary market at the time of release and for a little while afterwards, if the current pattern holds. How decent, I don't know, but probably not as high as ¥39,000--at least initially. Eventually, the secondary market price will probably reach ¥39,000. Could it go higher, like with the original Hikaru 1J or the Arad 31S? Maybe. It's a gamble either way.

58 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

MSRP, without domestic tax, is ¥30,000. For where we are in the PO process right now, ¥39,000 isn't a terrible price. Secondary market prices for DX valks are regularly that much higher than MSRP. If you're looking to pay less than that, your best option is to wait until right before the release date. Some stores might list a few extras at MSRP, but it's more likely that scalpers will start off-loading inventory at lower prices than what you see on Amazon and Yahoo for POs right now. You should also see decent prices on the secondary market at the time of release and for a little while afterwards, if the current pattern holds. How decent, I don't know, but probably not as high as ¥39,000--at least initially. Eventually, the secondary market price will probably reach ¥39,000. Could it go higher, like with the original Hikaru 1J or the Arad 31S? Maybe. It's a gamble either way.

Thank you so much for the others and your comments. I probably just order from Nin-Nin game because not much time to keep eye on. 

Yeah. This collecting game is always been and always will be a gamble.

As long that you're going to end up happy with your purchase whether you paid more or less, is all that matters. ;) 

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. This collecting game is always been and always will be a gamble.

As long that you're going to end up happy with your purchase whether you paid more or less, is all that matters. ;) 

I am in complete agreement with your statement.

This is why it saddens me to see people point out that someone has overpaid for an item. Buyers buy what makes sense to them and makes them feel good, so why should anyone feel the need to take that away by telling them they paid too much.

I have been guilty of over paying but that is fine with me.

Only person who can tell me I paid too much is my wife, but that is for other reasons.:lol:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I am in complete agreement with your statement.

This is why it saddens me to see people point out that someone has overpaid for an item. Buyers buy what makes sense to them and makes them feel good, so why should anyone feel the need to take that away by telling them they paid too much.

I have been guilty of over paying but that is fine with me.

Only person who can tell me I paid too much is my wife, but that is for other reasons.:lol:

Same here.  I do my best to get the best price I can.  Sometimes I get a good deal, sometimes I overpay a little but in the end I get what I want and usually the overpay is negligible.  

Personally I found that once I bought a condo, my scale of money just went out the window.

Sure I might care about an extra $100, but at this point $20 difference is more about the principle than anything else.

I still do the pre-order madness, but it's more because I can.

^THIS. :rofl::lol: 

All I can say macross valks are a MAJOR weakness i have. 

But am enjoying the ride where i can. :rolleyes:

**In no way pre-judging any shape/form. Your money and you spend it as you see fit!**

Edited by seti88

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

If we were smart with our money............................................we wouldn't have toys.:lol:

We would have crypto....not...or not. :lol: Those who bought the top under a bit(??) of pressure now.

Edited by seti88

45 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I really hope Bandai goes the way of Yamato in the fact they gave us some non canon schemes for the 1/48. I like the weird stuff. 

Same. I want some low viz DX!

35 minutes ago, uzernaem said:

Is there any confirmation of VF-1J from the combo set being the same non-fixed-nosecone version as the first release?

One would think Bandai should use the fixed nosecone, with the added tab. 

All new releases are fixed. It should stay this way ;)

On 5/26/2021 at 12:43 PM, jvmacross said:

There is also an Armored VF-1A that makes a brief appearance in Ep 27....

large.910545237_GBPep27.JPG.053ef897cd53

507803.jpg?rev=1505278282

This is really tempting me to get another cheap HMR 1A and another GBP armor to make a custom.

Edited by vladykins

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, mark-1s said:

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for something so silly, but this came up on my eBay recommended.  What the actual....

s-l1600.jpg

We have a dedicated thread for those kind of things. ;)

42 minutes ago, mark-1s said:

Oops. My apologies.

I suppose if I perused more than my usual 2-3 sub-forums, I would have known about the appropriate place to post that.

Thx!

No apologies needed sir. ;) 

• 1 month later...

How easy is it to remove a DX Head?  I never tried, and I just realized I might have a problem

I saw that the armor just came with a 1J head, so I figured ok, I'll just use my Max 1A body as a stand-in, and throw the 1J head onto it, bam, I have a 1J in GBP armor.

Then the thought just came to me......the GBP armor probably doesn't come with the whole head/neck assembly, it might just be the 1J head top. 

The 1A, the 1J, and the 1S have different necks, and it's not like the neck up just pops right off, and none of the heads are compatible with other necks.....craaaaaaaaaaaaap.  I guess I might have to go out abd buy a 1J afterall.

30 minutes ago, peter said:

How easy is it to remove a DX Head?  I never tried, and I just realized I might have a problem

I saw that the armor just came with a 1J head, so I figured ok, I'll just use my Max 1A body as a stand-in, and throw the 1J head onto it, bam, I have a 1J in GBP armor.

Then the thought just came to me......the GBP armor probably doesn't come with the whole head/neck assembly, it might just be the 1J head top. 

The 1A, the 1J, and the 1S have different necks, and it's not like the neck up just pops right off, and none of the heads are compatible with other necks.....craaaaaaaaaaaaap.  I guess I might have to go out abd buy a 1J afterall.

I think someone here mixed and matched a VF-1J head, MAX VF-A body and back to the VF-1J legs. 

50 minutes ago, peter said:

18 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I think someone here mixed and matched a VF-1J head, MAX VF-A body and back to the VF-1J legs. 

Paging @treatment for clarification. 

I believe the heads are all just ball-jointed, and pop off rather easily.  I know I removed all of my 1S and 1D heads to do a bit of work to tighten up the individual lasers.  I can't speak about the necks being compatible though, never tried mixing and matching.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 8/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, Chronocidal said:

I believe the heads are all just ball-jointed, and pop off rather easily.  I know I removed all of my 1S and 1D heads to do a bit of work to tighten up the individual lasers.  I can't speak about the necks being compatible though, never tried mixing and matching.

Ok, thanks for the info.  I guess the necks don't come off that easily....I also vaguely remember someone throwing on a 1J head onto Max's body, and I remember seeing a blue neck.

The prices on the 1J are just out to lunch right now, and my wife would have my balls if I ordered the combo (not that I was able to secure one at MSRP anyway), but the sister-in-law snagged just the armor for me (they're in Japan) so I'll test it out when the time comes.