Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I think we'll all get the answer in October/November when the solo GBP Armor unit is out  @peter;) 

I sort of want, but I wasn't all that stressed that I failed to get one during the pre-order. 

The hands, and even the feet and shoulder extensions just look a bit odd to me.

6 hours ago, peter said:

I think the balloon hands are exaggerated a bit too much, lol!

They look like giant sausage fingers.  I wonder how it would look with fixed pose DYRL hands?

They are quite exaggerated, but they do mimic the ARII model kit box art well.

https://macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/ar305-16-box.jpg
item_0000013603_OBa6b2Ua_110.jpg

large.1234093388_ARIIDXboxartArmoredValk

Courtesy of: @jvmacross

Edited by eggy99

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that.....I for one LIKE the giant balloon hands! There! I said it! :ph34r:

Hahaha, that's what the Meltrandi said :rofl:

Not juat the hands are a bit oversized. I wonder since when the size of the shoulders started to grow in size. Even the Anrcadia VF 0 reactivate armour has huge shoulders compared to lineart.

I have always liked this rendition the most

nov02-dh-page2.jpg

18 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that.....I for one LIKE the giant balloon hands! There! I said it! :ph34r:

That's what the Meltrandi said......

I swear I posted this before, but I guess not?  Or was it deleted because it was inappropriate?

14 hours ago, Froy said:

Not juat the hands are a bit oversized. I wonder since when the size of the shoulders started to grow in size. Even the Anrcadia VF 0 reactivate armour has huge shoulders compared to lineart.

I have always liked this rendition the most

nov02-dh-page2.jpg

Ohhhh....I like that one.....guessing that's a resin kit that goes with the Hasegawa battroid.....do want, but don't want to pay the collector price, which I imagine is high.

20 minutes ago, peter said:

Ohhhh....I like that one.....guessing that's a resin kit that goes with the Hasegawa battroid.....do want, but don't want to pay the collector price, which I imagine is high.

Can't tell. I know only a little of japanese to read the full article.

More pics here

https://macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/_magazines_dengekihobby2002-2003.htm

Edited by Froy

5 minutes ago, Froy said:

Can't tell. I know only a little of japanese to read the full article.

More pics here

https://macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/_magazines_dengekihobby2002-2003.htm

It's a custom build commission using the 1/72 Hasegawa kit as a base, made by professional modeler for the Dengeki Hobby magazine...you see the process in the spreads after.

Edited by leeboo1211

@spacemanoeuvres - I'm guessing the packaging for this beast will be possibly the size of the DX YF-19 Full Set or the DX 31s Arad + the Silpheed Armour boxes combined. 

I can tell you that the DX VF-1j + GBP set will be around the same as the Yammie 1/48 GPB versions (however the chest on the Yammie 1/48 GBP units sits on top if the collar bone notches and prone to be easily knocked off when handled the wrong way).

Edit: I have the Yammie 1/48 Stealth 1j with the SSP and also the Low Vis 1a with the Urban City Cameo GBP that I can do the comparisons when I get the Full Set at hand or if anyone can do it besides myself, then let's see this pics! 

Edited by borgified

Bandai is pretty good at packaging , The DX VF-1J + GBP combo could very well be the same same size as the First edition VF-J / VF-1s roy that comes with the free flight display stand.  The GBP will just need to squeeze into the space about the size of the Flight display stand box. :lol: 

32 minutes ago, F360 said:

Bandai is pretty good at packaging , The DX VF-1J + GBP combo could very well be the same same size as the First edition VF-J / VF-1s roy that comes with the free flight display stand.  The GBP will just need to squeeze into the space about the size of the Flight display stand box. :lol: 

Or Bandai can sent the entire DX 1j + GBP in a shoe box and save the extra $$$ for other big ticket items. :rofl:

42 minutes ago, F360 said:

That's probably going to be the case, or like the YF-29 Full Set Pack. Bandai is pretty good at packing things tight when they really want to. The smaller the better, cheaper shipping and easier to hide from your s/o lol. 

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

i am expecting shipping to be 60~100 ish a pop via fedex / DHL. It'll hurt especially if SAL/ EMS alternative is still not available in the fall

Heads up EMS will be resuming in July, but with massive 20% surcharge. See thread: 

Isn't Beer/Liquor and Tobacco sponsoring banned in some countries around the world if I recall? 

Now it's Real Estate, Life Insurance, Auto Manufacturing, Sports Brands, Clothing Company et all that does it now. 

So it may have to be changed to make it properly adhered.

Edited by borgified

• jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie