Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

were there mistakes with the 1st release? bandai never(?) does re-releases merely for fixing something minor or a perceived defect.

The mistakes I'm saying are about the loose nosecone hinge, the loose hikaru pilot inside the cockpit, etc. I think those little mistakes will be corrected in the Vf-1J & GBP Bundle

Edited by Darotower

18 minutes ago, Darotower said:

The mistakes I'm saying are about the loose nosecone hinge, the loose hikaru pilot inside the cockpit, etc.

hmmmmm, i would say its really doubtful bandai would change anything significant in that area. Its not a deal breaking type of point..

If any i would thk bandai would address arm tab looseness in fighter mode.

But this is bandai we are talking abt, i wouldn't hold my breath.

If it isnt broken....dont fix it.

Edited by seti88

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Since they've recognized the Takani box art on the GPB Box art as the inspiration for the large hands on this new DX release...

..wait for it...

They are going to do some Takani "special limited releases" in the future with the custom colors we saw at the Tamashi show!

It all makes sense now! :) haha

(If I THINK it, it WILL happen...positive thinking!)

image.thumb.png.9c76685dc82bab1d63a3743c6565d5cf.png

image.thumb.png.7db7858b80cc0290874a3eb728619642.png

I like the way you think :D

I might try to snag the stand-alone set on the secondary market, after some of the hype has died down.

This looks good, but not "must have" level good to me.  I like that it has 2 sizes of tv-style hands.  Completely swappable head seems like overkill to me, but whatever, I guess it works.

Question, are the sites you guys have been listing in this discussion thread good places to get the combo set on the 28th?  I missed out on the OG VF-1J so the set is perfect for me.  I know it's probably going to be a pain in the butt to pre-order but I have to try.  I'm on the East Coast and I looked at the time zone and it goes up at 3:00am for me, which sucks but it is what it is I guess.  I'm just hoping for some sites to list it early so I'm not up in the middle of the night.

1 hour ago, Darotower said:

The mistakes I'm saying are about the loose nosecone hinge, the loose hikaru pilot inside the cockpit, etc. I think those little mistakes will be corrected in the Vf-1J & GBP Bundle

I think they will fix the nose cone issue in the new bundle, as the other VF-1 releases fixes those issues, as for the pilot being loose, did they fix that issue with the VF-1A max? 

I have not seen anyone mention about this, wondering the Armor Parts Only and Armor Parts + VF-1J, are they have the same contents? In the photo that shows Armor Parts only, it seems like not include any hands that can hold the gun pod. But the Armor Parts + VF-1J it comes with the hand that can hold the gun pod. Is that the difference? Or both comes with the hand that can hold the gun pod? Anyone know?

1 minute ago, Tallman said:

I have not seen anyone mention about this, wondering the Armor Parts Only and Armor Parts + VF-1J, are they have the same contents? In the photo that shows Armor Parts only, it seems like not include any hands that can hold the gun pod. But the Armor Parts + VF-1J it comes with the hand that can hold the gun pod. Is that the difference? Or both comes with the hand that can hold the gun pod? Anyone know?

Original VF-1 DX TV hands work in the armor, those are the hands that can hold the gun pod.

3 minutes ago, Tallman said:

12 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The sets should have everything included except the reissue VF-1J.

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

That pic of the Armored VF-1J with the smaller hand holding the gunpod is from the DX VF-1J.

Its nice to see Bandai is accommodating everyone by selling a stand alone armor set as well as a combo pack. Makes sense to me to offer both, but Bandai has done sillier things in the past.

Hopefully these aren't terribly difficult to get. The VF-1S Roy is still available in various places so my hope is that it's a new trend in Bandai Macross releases.

The comically oversized hands are a fun addition.

8 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Thought the amour itself has a grey visor head for those whom have a VF-1J already, the only upside i can think of getting a new 1J is that they fixed the nose cone issue the 1st 1J have, which is the peg didnt hold it in place well enough, which they fixed in subsequent VF-1 releases

Oh it looks like it does! Sweet! Just the armor set for me then, since I already have 3x VF-1Js :yahoo:

12 hours ago, treatment said:

lol!

They're just the regular TV clown-hands that's included with the standard DX VF-1J...   :p

Not much of a screw-up, yet, but Bandai seems to have bundled two different sizes of clown-fists instead of providing some DYRL GBP-fists...

pics from  https://tamashii.jp/item/13603/ and https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1225459/

DXC-ARMORED-PARTS-SET-FOR-VF-1J_02_LhC31xduq_deeAMv-Qz6RhlhbtEeuoZi.thumb.jpg.09f0bee57c6b3f7dab39ba82c7503127.jpg

item_0000013603_OBa6b2Ua_11.thumb.jpg.68957723a115f60c33e864905cc3e8db.jpg

Maybe they'll still bundle the DYRL GBP-fists in the final released-version.

But again, this is Bandai. They couldn't even be bothered to bundle in the tiny hover-pilder as standard accessory with their SOC GX-70 DC release...

:clapping:

Well, knowing Bandai's track record, they have no reason to pack any DYRL parts into a TV set if they choose not to....they most likely will do the bigger DYRL type hands for a potential DYRL GBP release in the future.........you know the current GBP sets are SDFM TV editions, right? :rolleyes:

One of the drawbacks of all the tampo is that it is much easier to distinguish between TV and DYRL releases due to the specific markings....the current GBP set shows that the GBP is stationed on the Prometheus....a potential DYRL GBP will probably modify that specific tampo marking and substitute it with ARMD-01 or -02

Edited by jvmacross

A friendly reminder that there's another thread for conversations about buying the toys, stores selling it, etc. People shouldn't be posting store info in both threads. This thread is about the toy, not the buying experience.

Edited by jenius

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

A friendly reminder that there's another thread for conversations about buying the toys, stores selling it, etc. People shouldn't be posting store info in both threads. This thread is about the toy, not the buying experience.

Hadn’t even realised there were two threads unlike the usual single threads of past.

21 hours ago, Shawn said:

I'm telling you I'm ret-conning the GBP design and those are Armored GLOVES
Those are just gigantic!

image.thumb.png.717a3c83f63bd908603fc722bbfed2c5.png

Otherwise when you need to eject the armor, the hands gotta come off too because they certainly are sliding into the arms during transformation :)

image.thumb.png.e574638f62f586f3dfb31cbd4e49eed0.png

Well, that’s anime magic.

20 hours ago, Shawn said:

Wonder if the GBP armor would fit on the VF-1D ...just because why not
image.thumb.png.1766636ce705cd80c1692aa3c3e7ef6b.png

It probably would NOT fit.  The VF-1D chest is straight.

There’s a dip in front of the VF-1J’s neck.

2C74B49B-8E75-45BE-8502-178CEF766A51.png

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just use whatever base Valk fits in the armor and swap the head to whatever you like...

That's true.  I'm assuming the heads come off easily?  I only just got my Roy and Hikaru VF-1S's.  Haven't had a chance to play with them yet.

19 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

That's true.  I'm assuming the heads come off easily?  I only just got my Roy and Hikaru VF-1S's.  Haven't had a chance to play with them yet.

I've never removed any of the heads on mine but assuming it can't be that hard if Bandai is supplying the head to do the swap.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I've never removed any of the heads on mine but assuming it can't be that hard if Bandai is supplying the head to do the swap.

The head connects with a ball joint so they would be easy to swap.

39 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The head connects with a ball joint so they would be easy to swap.

Yeah that's what I figured.  Hopefully they're not on too tight.  

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Agreed.  I'll have to see if I'm lucky enough to get the full set for PO

Any places still have the Armored set up for preorder?  Someone on FB gave me the impression that preorders opened at 4pm Japan time, so I was waiting, and it turns out that was a mistake.  Nippon Yasan looks like it's up, but I've heard bad things about them.  Anyone else?

Just FYI for all-this is our first 'split the threads for a Pre-order' experiment, so please keep all the specific vendor pre-order info there, and this is more about the product itself

(at least that is what I THINK we are doing...LOL)

Well, DX Roy is still available for a small mark up compared to the 1J, I think it might be worse as 1J is definitely more popular than Roy in Japan so, we’ll see. 

On another note, am excited as this will be my 1st VF-1 GBP I have in my collection, always wanted one but was late to the party, now if only there will be an effects release like the ones I have seen for the HMR, that would be sweet

16 hours ago, vladykins said:

We're trying something new and organized to see how it works.

It's not working any better than the old way. Arguably worse. Who could have seen that coming?:lol:

Jenius - Lolz, the effort to split up the buying talk has failed.

Called it!!!:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

29 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's not working any better than the old way. Arguably worse. Who could have seen that coming?:lol:

Called it!!!:rofl:

Ha- I was a proponent for keeping things as they were but am willing to give this a shot a little longer before I move to "told ya" status.  :)