Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

I want to want this, but i dont want to pay for it. Anyone else find the GBP turns you off a bit cause its so unposable (in previous incarnations)?? Maybe I'm alone in that. If i had the $350 or $400 to get the whole set i might do it.. Why am I Even posting this? It looks cool, honestly. I'm just getting cheap. 

3 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

I want to want this, but i dont want to pay for it. Anyone else find the GBP turns you off a bit cause its so unposable (in previous incarnations)?? Maybe I'm alone in that. If i had the $350 or $400 to get the whole set i might do it.. Why am I Even posting this? It looks cool, honestly. I'm just getting cheap. 

As fun as the whole Itano circus setup is, I've never found the GBP set attractive at all.  To me, it just covers up all of the features of the VF-1 that I like, including keeping it from transforming at all.  It's a cool concept, but I just think it's an incomplete idea that the later VF-25 armor surpassed on every level.

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

2B8244A0-1C46-484A-BE87-E2FED6D70170.thumb.jpeg.13433da0ae06e884a8c7995499c84efd.jpeg

I’ll probably still get just 2 Armor sets and skip the combo set.  The sets should have everything included except the reissue VF-1J.

Based on the picture, the GBP alone is missing one pilot figure and gripping big hands. Maybe it will still come with them but doesn’t look like it. 

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Bandai is giving you the day off! :drinks:

But I am sure you will get busy with some cool poses from the Miss Macross episode as soon as you get your hands on it!

I'm still going to do that box art pose.  I'll try it out with the HMR as well.  Part of the fun and challenge is to see if the pose can be done and/or replicated.

And I'm definitely going to do others.  :drinks:

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Based on the picture, the GBP alone is missing one pilot figure and gripping big hands. Maybe it will still come with them but doesn’t look like it. 

Wouldn't the second pilot just be what's in the normal 1J box?  Or did I miss it being another alternate of some sort?  I'd expect the armor will just come with the masked helmet.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

Wouldn't the second pilot just be what's in the normal 1J box?  Or did I miss it being another alternate of some sort?  I'd expect the armor will just come with the masked helmet.

Yeah, you are probably right about that. Maybe the hands too?

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Do you mean the gripping hand of the DX VF-1J?  That pic of the Armored VF-1J with the smaller hand holding the gunpod is from the DX VF-1J.  I think the Armor set only comes with the closed helmet pilot because the VF-1J already comes with the other one.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

That's what I was thinking too based on the pics.

OK, so I've never ordered from P-Bandai, what does that mean?  I only want the Armored Set (without the VF-1J) and that's only available in Japan (but aren't all these toys only available in Japan?).  I've only ordered from HLJ, AmiAmi, Nippon Yasan, Mandarake, CDJapan - so where would I try my luck at the PO for this on Apr 23rd?  Help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not fooling myself that this is going to be very hard, but I have to at least try.

Edited by wm cheng

5 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

so is the PO tonight?

Yes and No.....it seems some sites have already created listing for the GBP parts set.....this is for the parts only and it is a TWE...so will stay open until Bandai's quantities have been exhausted....

If you want the combo set....then that will be the real PO Madness night on April 28 16:00 JST.....

5 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

so is the PO tonight?

Not sure dont know japanese  :D but I think with this images we can have a good idea 

for the standalone armor  Tamashi Exclusive is 4/23 Japan Time  usually 4 pm

image.thumb.png.628acfaa90735903e5cd04d3e8386867.png

For the complete set it looks like 4/28 Japan time 4 pm usually so for us will be in 4/27 at night with different time zones

image.thumb.png.1a17b48ea61743fa64377312e7e09d94.png

10 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yes and No.....it seems some sites have already created listing for the GBP parts set.....this is for the parts only and it is a TWE...so will stay open until Bandai's quantities have been exhausted....

If you want the combo set....then that will be the real PO Madness night on April 28 16:00 JST.....

ok thanks @jvmacross and @Alex GS

Edited by yman1437

6 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

so which site besides p-bandai has the armored parts up? can't find it anywhere....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/49032-macrossworlds-po-madness-thread-3-pos-bandai-dx-gbp-armor-twe-423-bandai-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-general-release-428-and-arcadia-sv-51-nora-type-po-tbd/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1577270

Hopefully members can start listing sites with POs on the "PO Night" thread......

Also, the PO does not start until April 23 at 16:00 JST...so technically, a site may toss up a link to their PO, but it should not be live until the authorized time....of course, we have seen some retailers begin accepting POs early.....not sure if Bandai can control that

Edited by jvmacross

Since they've recognized the Takani box art on the GPB Box art as the inspiration for the large hands on this new DX release...

..wait for it...

They are going to do some Takani "special limited releases" in the future with the custom colors we saw at the Tamashi show!

It all makes sense now! :) haha

(If I THINK it, it WILL happen...positive thinking!)

image.thumb.png.9c76685dc82bab1d63a3743c6565d5cf.png

image.thumb.png.7db7858b80cc0290874a3eb728619642.png