Bandai DX GBP Armor Set and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

jvmacross

Hmmm. Same thickness on the goggle. At this point I'm thinking it would be nice if they just include an extra head on the set because I rather just get the armor part set. But if they decide on making a bundle set, then atleast I have an extra VF-1J. I know it's going to be expensive if it's a set. Oh well.

dx_vf-1j_GBP_armor.jpg

58 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Oh my anxiety is acting up already :blink:

I am with you there, I am already thinking “I am getting to old for this s**t”.  :lol: :vava:

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hmmm. Same thickness on the goggle. At this point I'm thinking it would be nice if they just include an extra head on the set because I rather just get the armor part set. But if they decide on making a bundle set, then atleast I have an extra VF-1J. I know it's going to be expensive if it's a set. Oh well.

dx_vf-1j_GBP_armor.jpg

I am hoping its a cover for the visor/goggle or replacement head.  If it turns out to be a full bundle, I’ll pick it up anyway, but my wallet is not going to too happy about it. :wacko:

19 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

This is literally the only reason I have a 1J...so I hope it's sold separately! If it's a bundle then it's gonna be close to $400 MSRP no? 

$400 maybe, but that's after market. VF-1J's MSRP was Y18000/19800(JPY tax). VF-1 Strike/Super Parts was Y8000/Y8800(JPY tax). Since GBP has more plastic and paint details than Strike/Super Parts but somehow less compared with VF-31S Armor at Y16000/Y17600(JPY tax), let's estimate the price for GBP, if it's just the parts, somewhere around Y14000-15000. If it's bundled, then we're just playing with a total of Y33000+/-. Which in today's US$ conversion, it's $303.

Edited by no3Ljm

I hope they release 2 versions...one with a bundled vf-1j and a one that is a stand alone armor only package, because then the die hard collectors will have to buy 2x to be complete...and Bandai just doubled their sales! 
LOL  :)

19 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I hope they release 2 versions...one with a bundled vf-1j and a one that is a stand alone armor only package, because then the die hard collectors will have to buy 2x to be complete...and Bandai just doubled their sales! 

You really love to see our wallets decimated don't you?:D

46 minutes ago, Shawn said:

This describes me and I’m okay with it. 

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Haha, if that is the case Bandai has me dialed in, i'll need have complete sets. :lol:

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Just 2x?

Have you not heard of the Collector's Mantra?... ;)

2 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Just this piece and I'm done with this line. :yahoo:

Good luck with that willpower! 

I'm in for another preorder night, it has been too long since the last Macross-focused "event".

-b.

50 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Good luck with that willpower! 

I'm in for another preorder night, it has been too long since the last Macross-focused "event".

-b.

Hahaha.. fortunately I'm not as hardcore as the rest of you guys. That and the lack of space. :lol:

Whether it is bundled with VF-1J or a standalone armor pack, we are all gonna buy it and Bandai knows this :D

I had really hoped the next announcement would be the YF-21 instead of more VF-1 stuff.. but if the recent BW-HG deal means a bit more time needed to work out a worldwide release of this YF-21, then all the better. :good:

• jvmacross changed the title to Bandai DX GBP TV Armor - Coming Soon!

Probably, but i am pretty sure that, like what happened with Roy, there is going to be a short second wave of pre-order(with a slight mark up) and it shouldn't be too expensive to get after the release. I feel the market (for SOC, DX, etc.) is somewhat in a down phase.

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

Probably, but i am pretty sure that, like what happened with Roy, there is going to be a short second wave of pre-order(with a slight mark up) and it shouldn't be too expensive to get after the release. I feel the market (for SOC, DX, etc.) is somewhat in a down phase.

Well that and Ebay will flood with them at semi-decent prices.  You can still pick up a Roy for around the $319 mark on there.  I think the original TV VF-1J release is over $440.