Macross Wallpapers

AlphaHX

A couple of Wallpapers I've been working on from the HD upload of Episode 1.

They are in 1280x1024 resolution. I can reduce them upon request.

I've a few more in the pipe and will upload when they are done.

VF-25 with Armored Pack &The VF-171 in Launch position

I did two of the VF-25 one with a bright Yellow SMS and one with a more golden SMS.

post-3243-1198834950_thumb.jpg

post-3243-1198834975_thumb.jpg

post-3243-1198836260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zinjo

Nice, I was just about to ask if anyone had done up some wallpapers off the first episode of Macross Frontier. Thanks a million Zinjo!. Now how about some of the VF-25 in battroid and maybe the Hikaru type in gerwalk.

I spent about 2 -3 hours taking screen shots frame by frame of the battles on the HD raw version of the episode, so I'll look and see what I can find.

• 2 weeks later...

There must be some sort of copy protection on the original image because it resized wonky and any layers I grabbed off the original image came over in grey scale.

Re-did the 1280x1024 size to the correct proportions.

post-3243-1200983292_thumb.jpg

37967076tw5.th.jpg

Love it!

Finally someone cleaned up the cartoon and colored it!

The only thing I'd suggest is to boost the contrast so the black looks black. not charcoal.

Do it on the line art layer so it doesn't affect the colored layers.

Very nice!

Love it!

Finally someone cleaned up the cartoon and colored it!

The only thing I'd suggest is to boost the contrast so the black looks black. not charcoal.

Do it on the line art layer so it doesn't affect the colored layers.

Very nice!

That's done! ;)

Thanks for the appreciation.

:)

Edited by Bio

Love your avatar, do you have a higher resolution of it?

I collect SD and Chibi macross cartoons...

Thanks man. I don't have a high rez pic of it its just a little gif file I stumbled upon on accident. I have a couple of others. I'm not on my home pc so what I'll do is email them to you as soon as I can. Your avatar is pretty bad ass too. Do you have a pic of just the SMS logo?

Thanks man. I don't have a high rez pic of it its just a little gif file I stumbled upon on accident. I have a couple of others. I'm not on my home pc so what I'll do is email them to you as soon as I can. Your avatar is pretty bad ass too. Do you have a pic of just the SMS logo?

Yep. Medium Res IMO, so it worked great for the Avatar, not so much to fill up a screen for Wallpapers.

Yep. Medium Res IMO, so it worked great for the Avatar, not so much to fill up a screen for Wallpapers.

Ok well I should be able to send these to you tomorrow. I have a couple of Zentran gifs also, as well as VF-1J, YF19, and YF-22. Shoot me your e-mail address so I can send them your way.

I took the liberty of modifying one of the images from the Valkyries book because I wanted it to be the same aspect ratio as my monitors at work. While I was at it replacing the background I monkeyed with the colors and levels and whatnot. It's 1280x1024 which is a kinda awkward resolution because the aspect ration is 4:3.2, but that's what I'm stuck with at work. Regardless, enjoy!

post-7229-1202531955_thumb.jpg

I took the liberty of modifying one of the images from the Valkyries book because I wanted it to be the same aspect ratio as my monitors at work. While I was at it replacing the background I monkeyed with the colors and levels and whatnot. It's 1280x1024 which is a kinda awkward resolution because the aspect ration is 4:3.2, but that's what I'm stuck with at work. Regardless, enjoy!

Nice.

Seems a bit bright, but I suspect you were looking for the sunlit look.

I'd suggest working on the shadow's on the undercarriage a bit more to give a bit more natural contrast on the shade sides of the aircraft not directly facing the sun.

WOW! Very nice! I like the strong, almost blown-out lighting of this wallpaper. It really looks like a very bright day and the VF-0 matches perfectly with the bright background sky. I love this wallpaper. Great work!

*click, save as...*

:)

Edited by Mr March