Macross Wallpapers

AlphaHX

It is neither, it is just that I've determined to limit the amount of screenshot wallpapers to a few while the BD and DVDs are still being sold..

Since I haven't done any yet, these would fall into "that few"... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

Why the hell are those Guantanamos firing beam cannons?

Zinjo, to answer your question, I just want the image. I don't really care for any graphic effects. I've had the wallpaper of Battle Frontier firing its buster cannon in storm attack mode from the first movie as my wallpaper for awhile now. Time for something new. :D

Of the 6, I like 1 & 4 best.

Good question, frothy... What's up with the Guantanamos? I thought the gaping front was for fighter launch & collection. In M7, you always see the fighters launching from there. Granted, they changed to the outside launch, but I still assumed the fighters would fly back into that opening. Maybe it's an assault variant or something.

I'm thinking they are MacQ's that have a similar shape to the Guantanimos. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Then again there is a scene in Movie#2 were the Galaxy frigates are firing weapons similar to the mini-cannons we saw on the Macross Quarter in Movie# 1...

Edit: Nope you are right, they ARE ARMD carriers firing buster cannons!!!???

Did "AnimeFriend" work on this film??? :ph34r:

Edited by Zinjo

Well, maybe the booms on the front of the carrier are converging SD energy collectors. Don't know that it's ever really been contradicted... Who was lamenting in the Movie 2 thread that the cannon fodder ships needed to take a bigger role? :) As with the original Macross, you could still have fully functioning equipment behind it, and fly in and around the energy gathering area - as long as everybody gets out of the way when it's ready to fire.

Actually, thinking about it, in the SDFM & DYRL animation, it always seemed that the energy beam originated around the ship. It was only at the 2nd gen Macross Cannon that it really seemed to fire from within the gunship. Even then, the energy may have just been gathering around the 4 "tubes" inside.

Perhaps this is just the first time a Guantanamo has had the chance to shine - ie, not getting blowed up within 2 seconds of appearing on screen.

• 3 weeks later...

The screenshots are from an HD source, 1920x1080. If all you want is the images there they are.

If you want additonal text and the like then that will take some time, kinda busy with RL and all . B))

The picture you show, I have in HD, I'll track it down and post it.

Edited by Zinjo

• 2 months later...

post-242-0-02438900-1328200087_thumb.jpgFound this picture today.

A transformers inspired Macross hybrid. It might be my new wall paper.

*eyes in depth* i was gonna say 1980's CV but i see an SH60 parked next to the island, the Tractor is a A/S32-A31A or B (no way to tell unless it had the turbine on it. Easy to tell its a B if its got the MSU-200/Nav on the back thus 2002 or later), a NAN-4 (or later model) by the radar/crash storage, cant tell much else other than its a early Nimitz. im not even sure that H-3 in foreground wasnt photoshopped since we stopped using Sea Kings in the late 1990's [british? Aussy?]

oh, yeah, the photoshopped Transformer~'cats look cool.

damn, did i go and have a Navy Moment again? Sorry, i'll go take my pills now... o.O

mind if i clip-art & and steal it and put it on FB? the group im associated with will appreciate it (and might be able to ID what ship this pic originated from)

Edited by TehPW

• 2 weeks later...

I have a request if anyone is up for the challenge. I recently saw a wallpaper of the macross crash itself, the dust and smoke cloud obscuring part of the craft as well as flaming debris laying around it. The picture almost looked live action, if any of you have it I'd greatly appreciate it. In advance let me share something I found with you that is of similar quality to what I am speaking of. I will share more with you if you find the one or point me towards where I can get the one of which I speak.

post-14662-0-92225500-1329125510_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sypoth

I have a request if anyone is up for the challenge. I recently saw a wallpaper of the macross crash itself, the dust and smoke cloud obscuring part of the craft as well as flaming debris laying around it. The picture almost looked live action, if any of you have it I'd greatly appreciate it. In advance let me share something I found with you that is of similar quality to what I am speaking of. I will share more with you if you find the one or point me towards where I can get the one of which I speak.

This picture has been around for a while.

It doesn't diminish it's excellence, however.

Unfortunately this artist didn't do too much with Macross... :(

Edited by Zinjo

Never mind, i found the image through a different search engine. Appears the artist I was looking for was Emmanuel Shiu, and they definitly have allot of art I like, not just macross either. Heres the image I was telling you about as well as the image I was holding out on you guys with.

post-14662-0-25817100-1329287983_thumb.jpg

post-14662-0-53188300-1329288074_thumb.jpg

ill guess the first one is the ASS-1 just getting to 'South Atara' Island... the 2nd one was a photoshop or something else of a waterart of a F-14 doing a low fast run over water, making the waterbloom behind it...both are impressive works, one because we know the subject material, the 2nd implies a unique story, using elements of Macross....derp. The F-14 Gerwalk could probably appear in Heavy Metal Magazine as a story by itself, thats how much emotion that pic does!

Edited by TehPW

Awesome that we now have a name to the art!!

Thanks

I can provide more than a name, if you want I can link you to the directory of his art I pulled the ASS-1(Macross) crash from, the image of the gerwalk hangar is there as well. He didn't do the valkaries in flight one though sadly enough, to me that looks like a mixed photochop mix of Ace Combat and Armored Corp. But yeah, I'm happy that I found the crash scene.

the Macross is awesome,, the other one , a bit too many shells flying around,, there's more shells flying then what it looks like the clip can hold. other then that I really like the effect on the water, almost looks like an oil painting

the Macross is awesome,, the other one , a bit too many shells flying around,, there's more shells flying then what it looks like the clip can hold. other then that I really like the effect on the water, almost looks like an oil painting

originally it was a oil painting of a F-14 going low over the water. I see it all the time in advertising in Sea Classics...

I can provide more than a name, if you want I can link you to the directory of his art I pulled the ASS-1(Macross) crash from, the image of the gerwalk hangar is there as well. He didn't do the valkaries in flight one though sadly enough, to me that looks like a mixed photochop mix of Ace Combat and Armored Corp. But yeah, I'm happy that I found the crash scene.

Slap it up here, I'm sure a few of us would like to peruse his work... ;)

ill guess the first one is the ASS-1 just getting to 'South Atara' Island... the 2nd one was a photoshop or something else of a waterart of a F-14 doing a low fast run over water, making the waterbloom behind it...both are impressive works, one because we know the subject material, the 2nd implies a unique story, using elements of Macross....derp. The F-14 Gerwalk could probably appear in Heavy Metal Magazine as a story by itself, thats how much emotion that pic does!

:rolleyes:

http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=144#/d34sua