Macross Wallpapers

AlphaHX

Did a batch render...

I hope it is enough ^^.

Also edited one of them at photoshop and made one wallpaper. The second one.

I'm not sure if the pilot is at the right proportions.

Holy $hit.....is your real name......Hidetaka Tenjin?

Thx for the compliment but i think there is a huge gap between a pro like him and me.

Anyway, another wallpaper.

Haha, well, you can certainly give him a run for his money! Do you take requests? If so, some VF-1s would be nice =)

Haha, well, you can certainly give him a run for his money! Do you take requests? If so, some VF-1s would be nice =)

Can't do man, i don't have a VF-1 3d model and the one i started to do is not even close to 1% done.

Edited by akt_m

• 2 weeks later...

Another wallpaper, this time the zent male power armor, DYRL version. I tried to give a "realistic" look, and the background is poorly done.

Posted at pixiv... no love for the nosjarjerger (don't know the name)

post-180-0-07097900-1314675371_thumb.jpg

Edited by akt_m

Another wallpaper, this time the zent male power armor, DYRL version. I tried to give a "realistic" look, and the background is poorly done.

Looks great!!! And it's on my top five favorite mecha list :)

Hey boss, if you like I'll take some renders of various poses and angles and see what I can cobble together...

I love working with your models!

Here you go, but you will need a lot of photoshoping, like some light is leaking from inside the engines and more...

True, some challenges.

That tends to happen sometimes when the background color doesn't contrast the model.

I look forward to re-installing Photoshop and digging into these (installed new HDD)...

The QF3000 and the Nousjadeul-Ger are very pretty. Good to see some work from a macross fan who has great modeling skills. Any chance to see a Queadluun-Rau (both the green and the red one) ? :)

Oooo, that would be cool!!

Tho I wonder if he did the N-Ger because it never gets any love...:p

• 1 month later...

My Latest.

Unfortunately with all the is going on in the image I could only make it in HD resolution.

Using a render from an amazing CG artist on Deviant Art known as East Coast Canuck of what he called an SDF-4 and using mecha made by akt_m I cobbelled together a scene of a Supervision Army fleet transiting through a system with ECC's render as the tri-hulled gunship.

It is in 1920x1080 resolution:

post-3243-0-01168700-1318798659_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Zinjo

oh, wow!

i've never seen a supervision army ship before (i know, shame on me), and now this made me want to learn all about them.

did you get the 3D file or just the render? any chance you have orthographic views? I want to commission a resin model of this. i suppose i'll need to ask permission from the artist.

this reminds me of a Starcraft wallpaper/loading screen, and that's meant as a compliment. nice composition, good execution. well done!

oh, wow!

i've never seen a supervision army ship before (i know, shame on me), and now this made me want to learn all about them.

did you get the 3D file or just the render? any chance you have orthographic views? I want to commission a resin model of this. i suppose i'll need to ask permission from the artist.

this reminds me of a Starcraft wallpaper/loading screen, and that's meant as a compliment. nice composition, good execution. well done!

Well I turned it into a SA Gunship, it was originally envisioned to be a Zentradi inspired SDF-4 from RT.

We really don't know what the SA capital ships look like, since the Macross is a rebuilt gunship, resembling its original design. What we do know is that the SA is comprised of PC and Zentradi ships from the Civil war era of the the PC Republic. So when I saw this render, I was immediately inspired. The actual render only has a single engine. I composited the second one for the picture. the artist is considering adding a second engine to the render, but is currently working on DYRL SDF-1 model...

I'll dig up the different views image file I have.

My take on it is simply "What would a fleet of SA ships look like passing through a star system?" The mecha would be similar to the Zentradi (well the giant's mecha anyway) so I tried to stick to that idea.

Edited by Zinjo

• 3 weeks later...

Request: Can someone make a 1920x1200 wallpaper of a scene from the 2nd MacF movie for me? I want the picture of the Quarter firing its buster cannon, while anchored on a derelict planetoid. ...that one scene where it shoots at the Queen-class carrier. Thanks in advance!

Request: Can someone make a 1920x1200 wallpaper of a scene from the 2nd MacF movie for me? I want the picture of the Quarter firing its buster cannon, while anchored on a derelict planetoid. ...that one scene where it shoots at the Queen-class carrier. Thanks in advance!

Do you have a time stamp?

That helps a lot!

Yeah, the second one is the one I was thinking. I know the movie was done in 1080, so adding letterbox on top and bottom to fill in the extra space is okay. Someone once posted that screenshot (in a tiny resolution) when the movie first came out in theatres in Japan and I have been wanting that as my wallpaper ever since! B))

Ooh, Zinjo, while you're at it - what about a hi-res of the Quarter fleet prepping to fire their wave cannons?

I've already made this shot my wallpaper, but I'd rather not have the song lyrics on it.

Thx!

post-2681-0-89009200-1320868618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain