Macross Wallpapers

AlphaHX

I will when i have some time, render takes some time and my computer now is obsolete, still with a pentium dual core.

I'm not sure if a belly shot would become good, there is less detail at the bottom part of the VF-25 model like the gunpod holes are missing, also most of the stripes aren't there.

Should i render it all white without any stripe then you could draw yourself all of it at photoshop in the way you want??

I completely understand and am happy to wait for quality work.

Yes Please, a few white shots would be awesome and even a black and white version of the brown VF-24 would be outstanding if possible, but everything will be fine without one, however the hires PNG file of the exisiting model is certainly needed...

I don't know if you could darken the cockpit a bit. Without a pilot, I have to improvise to keep things looking realistic.

Thank you for all your help..:)

Edited by Zinjo

My HD Christmas wallpaper.

If you want a different resolution feel free to ask.

Art is by Inui and I just boosted the colors and added the red glow to the valkyrie's nose...:p

Enjoy:

Christmas version:

post-3243-129135356009_thumb.jpg

Holiday Version:

post-3243-129135306133_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zinjo

Few more, made a mistake by saving in jpg...

Thank you

We'll see if it works or if Photoshop skews it like it did with the other jpegs...

Stunning work as usual sir!!

Love the addition of the gun pod. I wonder if the VF-24 would use the VF-25's gunpod though? Makes one wonder if the VF-19 gunpod would be used or not?

Edited by Zinjo

Thank you

We'll see if it works or if Photoshop skews it like it did with the other jpegs...

Stunning work as usual sir!!

Love the addition of the gun pod. I wonder if the VF-24 would use the VF-25's gunpod though? Makes one wonder if the VF-19 gunpod would be used or not?

The gunpod have been always there, and it has a VF-25 gunpod because the model was originally a VF-25 model. =)

Edited by akt_m

• 3 weeks later...

A new composition of a familiar wallpaper:

Fixed the aspect ratio on the VF-24 models and added the VF-171 flights in the background.

Again art credits go to Ren and akt_m!

HD Version:

post-3243-129436906203_thumb.jpg

1280x1024 Version:

post-3243-129436911735_thumb.jpg

I'll keep plugging away on the VF-24 renders so graciously provided by akt_m..

Edited by Zinjo

A new composition of a familiar wallpaper:

Fixed the aspect ratio on the VF-24 models and added the VF-171 flights in the background.

Again art credits go to Ren and akt_m!

HD Version:

post-3243-129436906203_thumb.jpg

1280x1024 Version:

post-3243-129436911735_thumb.jpg

I'll keep plugging away on the VF-24 renders so graciously provided by akt_m..

Hmm, finally figured out what was missing.

The 4th fighter!

I'll have to fix that... B))

Edited by Zinjo

I would say, is that would be better if you add some motion blur to some planes. They are too sharp! And the most important thing is the edges of the CG images. They dont integrate well with the background.

There is some motion blur on all the planes except one. However I think akt_m is right that if I add some noise that'll help the sharpness and add a bit more realism...

The only request I would make of Akt_m's stunning work is for him to put some sort of sillouette of a pilot figure inside the cockpits. No need for detail, just a recognizable visored helmet and body all in shadow or black. It would make doing close up type shots easier than trying to create a chrome or mirrored effect on the cockpit glass.

I wouldn't mind a few renders of your VF-25 too bud... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here its my wallpaper

excellent work, though i find the whole VF-1 reentry concept unrealistic,

at least in it's original form.

the extended canopy shield in FIGHTER mode is my problem,

which, according to modern logical VF-1 design concepts,

SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SLIDE INTO PLACE OVER THE CANOPY IN FIGHTER MODE.

far too much Anime Magic is required for that concept to work, IMHO.

while one could conceivably contend that the shield is mounted on an armature system

that allows it to extend out of the main fuselage and latch to place over the canopy

while still in FIGHTER mode, the YAMATO 1/60ver.II as well as the 1/48 both establish

that the existing canopy shield that tucks into it's nominal stowage position

inside the main fuselage is NOT OF THE PROPER SIZE NOR SHAPE TO FIT OVER THE

ENTIRE CANOPY IN FIGHTER MODE.

sorry for being so anal, i just despise Anime Magic in mecha design.

that quibble aside, good work there, logan...

Edited by Shaorin

Thank you

I've got a request in with akt_m for a couple of more renders, but haven't heard back on them yet...B))

I guess you will have to wait a little longer. =P

The model became too heavy for my computer, it is lagging even at the viewport, that's why i still didn't do the textures, it is annoying to work with it currently.

Just to let people know the model i used at the VF-24 renders use an older VF-25 model, the current still in WIP should have a lot of mistakes fixed and look better, and the poly count is higher.

And you asked me for a pilot, i have one, but that will make it even slower.

Edited by akt_m

I guess you will have to wait a little longer. =P

The model became too heavy for my computer, it is lagging even at the viewport, that's why i still didn't do the textures, it is annoying to work with it currently.

Just to let people know the model i used at the VF-24 renders use an older VF-25 model, the current still in WIP should have a lot of mistakes fixed and look better, and the poly count is higher.

And you asked me for a pilot, i have one, but that will make it even slower.

The pilot only needs to be a sillouette, my friend.

I don't think anyone really cares if they can see pilot detail, I know I don't. The beauty is in the rendered fighter, which looks kinda odd flying with an empty seat... ;)

A new model? Ooo are you planning different heads too?

Thanks for all the work, I really look forward to your next set of renders... They are so much fun to work with.

Zinjo - Very cool composition

Thanks, the two I am most satisfied with are the Sunrise and this one. The perfect storm of elements came together on these. Starting with the outstanding renders of the VF-24...:)

The Break Break wall was a lot of work and I'm still not entirely happy with it, but others like it so what do I know.:p

Edited by Zinjo

The pilot only needs to be a sillouette, my friend.

I don't think anyone really cares if they can see pilot detail, I know I don't. The beauty is in the rendered fighter, which looks kinda odd flying with an empty seat... ;)

A new model? Ooo are you planning different heads too?

Thanks for all the work, I really look forward to your next set of renders... They are so much fun to work with.

Thanks, the two I am most satisfied with are the Sunrise and this one. The perfect storm of elements came together on these. Starting with the outstanding renders of the VF-24...:)

The Break Break wall was a lot of work and I'm still not entirely happy with it, but others like it so what do I know.:p

Didn't do a new head, just improved the details.

I'm trying to get some render, still have a lot to do, this is just time sucking.

If you want to donate me a better processor, i'm not going to complain =P

going to work on it again another day.

Still need a lot of work to make it transformable...

post-180-129886513518_thumb.png

Edited by akt_m

I'm trying to get some render, still have a lot to do, this is just time sucking.

If you want to donate me a better processor, i'm not going to complain =P

going to work on it again another day.

Still need a lot of work to make it transformable...

WOW!!

Unfortunately I don't have a second processor to give, but if I did you'd definitely get it!;)

What kind do you have anyway?

Too soon to request some nice HD wallpapers of Valkyries 2: Second Sortie?

There's a tragic lack of good, official HD Frontier mecha wallpaper. :wacko:

Yep too soon.

When the book goes out of print is when you can ask again...B))

WOW!!

Unfortunately I don't have a second processor to give, but if I did you'd definitely get it!;)

What kind do you have anyway?

I was joking, if you did gave me a processor, then i would be forced to do all the works you may ask, not something i really want... haha =p

And it would still consume time.

I still have an E5200, the only bad thing is that it doesn't overclock too much, can't get past 3.5ghz.

And the model is still WIP, and many details you will be only able to see at mid transformation, but rigging all the pieces to joints is really boring.

Edited by akt_m