Macross Wallpapers

AlphaHX

Well you could stick to both Roy and Isamu since Roy flew the VF-0 & VF-1 and Isamu flew both the VF-11 & YF-19.

I never thought about that. Now if only I could find GOOD hasegawa scans of the VF-1 and VF-11, id be in business. I saw the scans that graham did but I need high quality scans and google doesnt turn up anything...

I never thought about that. Now if only I could find GOOD hasegawa scans of the VF-1 and VF-11, id be in business. I saw the scans that graham did but I need high quality scans and google doesnt turn up anything...

Are you referring to line art of model pictures?

Not sure what hasegawa pix you are talking about...

You could put them against a blue sky with vapour trails and exhaust as if they were flying over each other in formation.

However the drop shading would have to be softened enough to give the illusion of distance or the creation of a silloutte shadow over each plane http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.a...qNum=4&rl=1

Then caption it with, "Macross Evolution" or simply "Evolution"

That would look cool IMHO.

They seem rather dark to me, which is why I suggested a blue sky or even a grey one if you prefer, but that is my opinion...

You could put them against a blue sky with vapour trails and exhaust as if they were flying over each other in formation.

However the drop shading would have to be softened enough to give the illusion of distance or the creation of a silloutte shadow over each plane http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.a...qNum=4&rl=1

Then caption it with, "Macross Evolution" or simply "Evolution"

That would look cool IMHO.

They seem rather dark to me, which is why I suggested a blue sky or even a grey one if you prefer, but that is my opinion...

Yeah the reason they look so dark is because I did some scan lines over them but photobucket resized the picture to where all of them just look dark. But I actually did think about doing vapor trails or somethin like that, but I dont know how I would do them and I do agree that I should have blurred the drop shadows some more to give em some room between each other. My original plan was to have them in a space scene with planets all around but my computer was running so low on memory that it couldnt keep up with what I wanted, so I said screw it and thats what I got.

Like I said, im horrible when it comes to bacgrounds because I couldnt figure out what to do it. If you want, I can give you the orignal copies of each fighter and hopefully, you can come up with something better cuz im drawin a blank on what else to do with them with such limited computer capability.

Did a little tweaking on the WP in this post.

IPB Image

Hope you like it.

Love the new text graphics very appropriate, however maybe changing the color scheme under each fighter like having a blue to pink gradient under the YF-19 and a pink to blue gradient on the text under the YF-21...

Another thing is that the text seems to overpower the background art. Is there anyway to maybe increase the hue saturation on fighters to bring them out more?

Just a suggestion.

Yeah the reason they look so dark is because I did some scan lines over them but photobucket resized the picture to where all of them just look dark. But I actually did think about doing vapor trails or somethin like that, but I dont know how I would do them and I do agree that I should have blurred the drop shadows some more to give em some room between each other. My original plan was to have them in a space scene with planets all around but my computer was running so low on memory that it couldnt keep up with what I wanted, so I said screw it and thats what I got.

Like I said, im horrible when it comes to bacgrounds because I couldnt figure out what to do it. If you want, I can give you the orignal copies of each fighter and hopefully, you can come up with something better cuz im drawin a blank on what else to do with them with such limited computer capability.

Sure, that would be cool!

I made this recently; just wanna share with u all. ^_^

IPB Image

Nice!

You may want to add some blur to the Earth and to the moon respectively to give the illusion of depth and distance.

I'd suggest loosing the distant sun as it makes it seem as though there are two suns in the image. The one shown and the other shining the light on the fighter and planets out of frame...

Some background stars might help as well.

Just a few suggestions to consider.

Great work though...

Edited by Zinjo

Nice!

You may want to add some blur to the Earth and to the moon respectively to give the illusion of depth and distance.

I'd suggest loosing the distant sun as it makes it seem as though there are two suns in the image. The one shown and the other shining the light on the fighter and planets out of frame...

Great work though...

I second this, as the currently, the earth is in sharper focus than the moon, which is just wonky considering their relative position.

Nice!

Great work though...

Hi, your suggestions are very good. :) However, I think that's the best I can do...

The Earth, Moon, Sun and VF-1J are added individually. Thus u can see a very obivous round sun reflection on the Earth around its center which comes from its original photo. I have tried to make it less noticable but failed. <_< As for the VF-1J, the lighting is taken the way u see, though I could use the exposure thingy to even out the lighting/reflection to make it looks more real, but I still feel that this inaccurate direction of lighting seems to be nicer. :D Since the light/reflection/shadow in this picture totally make no sense(e.g As the sun is behind the earth, the earth should be pitch drak and neither the VF-1J would be so bright.) so I have gave up the idea of blurring the earth though this will look more realistic as I really love this piture of Earth alot and don't wish to reduce its clarity.

Anyway, thanks for your nice sugguestions as well as eugimon's, please do post more suggestions in the future if I ever upload new wallpaper. ^_^ Thanks!

Edited by Repiv_Onex

pssst...It's a VF-1A. You might want to edit your post before getting yourself lynched... They're a bit anal about that kind of stuff around these here parts

LOL, true enough... :rolleyes:

However, the suggestions are simply that.

Take 'em or leave 'em that's your choice.

If you wish to take them as criticisms that is unfortunate as they are not meant to be.

We are only suggesting ideas to make your already good wallpaper a bit better, in our opinion.

What you choose to do from this point on is your decision, but as one who's received suggestions on my work, I choose to carry on and take the suggestions I think are valid and ignore the ones I don't agree with.

If the community wishes to download my walls great, if not, that's fine too.

That's me though.

Edited by Zinjo

A few weeks back my hard drive crashed. I just replaced it. Unfortunately I did lose a few awesome wall papers, but I did manage to get quite a few of them back. I just put Photoshop back on my computer this morning and slapped this one together.

Damn! Love the Isamu pic, where'd you get it?

I can email it to ya if ya want. Just PM me. Periodically I do a Google/Yahoo image search under Macross, Macross Plus, YF-19, Macross Valkyrie, etc. and just save stuff that I find to be pretty cool. I always save 'em under My Pictures and set that as my screen saver.

yes, white backgrounds hurt my eyes. i wish the valk could have been lighter though. in order to do that i would have had to spend a lot more time on it in photoshop.

Not really, just select the fighter and the text and then lighten the areas outside or inside the selected areas.

The outlines of the images are very crisp against the background so PS won't have any real problem fiding the edges to select.

• 2 weeks later...

A few months ago my computer went down and I had to replace my hard drive. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of the Macross images that I once had. Now that I've had my computer back for a while, I went back and found a few that I had originally lost . However, there are still a few that are eluding me. They are actually separate wallpapers of Roy, Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki in their DYRL flight suits (in color) with the Skull Squadron logo and a drop shadow behind each character. As an example I'll post one of Millia that I actually found. If anyone knows where I can find these it would be greatly appreciated. I've done many internet image searches with no success.

post-3352-1170994402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skullsixx

A few months ago my computer went down and I had to replace my hard drive. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of the Macross images that I once had. Now that I've had my computer back for a while, I went back and found a few that I had originally lost . However, there are still a few that are eluding me. They are actually separate wallpapers of Roy, Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki in their DYRL flight suits (in color) with the Skull Squadron logo and a drop shadow behind each character. As an example I'll post one of Millia that I actually found. If anyone knows where I can find these it would be greatly appreciated. I've done many internet image searches with no success.

You mean these?

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

You woudn't happen to have the wallpaper of Millia and Kamjin in a toy box would you ?

Edited by Zinjo

Hey guys,

Some fantastic work in here, keep it up. Here's my wallpaper created after building my 1/48 YF-19 & 21 kit. Thought I share w/ya.

Enjoy! :D

Nice Work!

Do you find it kinda dark too?

Zinjo... THANK YOU!!!!!!

No Problem, we try to please... ;)