Mecha similarities between the Zentraedi and Inbit

Invid99

The Battlepod, Nousjadeul-Ger(movie version) and Queadluun-Rau(tv show)suits have very similar charactistics with the Inbit mechas. The insectoid influence from the Zentraedi mechas could easily be mistaken to be Inbit forces. Repainted to red/purple colors, and human forces couldn't know the difference. 

You guys see what I mean?

zentraediRegult.thumb.jpg.23fdf0bf254223dffd4c0287831752ad.jpg

Nousjadeul-ger-dyrl.thumb.jpg.ae96c98cb6771a918608a4f61df602f2.jpg

QueadluunRau.thumb.jpg.636ece13d935ec5984d76218057c4b1b.jpg

Inbitunnamed.thumb.jpg.2af28425a0ff9b20156dee0544a411d1.jpg

bd9233acdda844dffecefa8e90af8ac2.thumb.jpg.469058fdbfa5ab6e2200f5333ece002c.jpg

invidbattleoid.thumb.jpg.9495cc3aa8206384ae1a283582ebc195.jpg

Edited by Invid99

5 hours ago, Invid99 said:

The Battlepod, Nousjadeul-Ger(movie version) and Queadluun-Rau(tv show)suits have very similar charactistics with the Inbit mechas.

It's a well-known fact that MOSPEADA's creators were "taking pointers" from Macross in the development of their series.

Esp. at the insistence of one of their merchandising partners, Imai Kagaku, who were adamant that the series had to prominently feature transforming fighter jets like Macross's as they were already riding that particular gravy train and wanted to keep it going.

There's also a fair amount of Starship Troopers in there, with aspects of the Inbit being inspired by the pseudo-arachnids from the novel.  Some of the earliest Inbit concept art from the show's development is much more overtly insectoid.

5 hours ago, Invid99 said:

The insectoid influence from the Zentraedi mechas could easily be mistaken to be Inbit forces. Repainted to red/purple colors, and human forces couldn't know the difference. 

Not really, no... they share some basic design traits in common but aesthetically and structurally they're completely different.

I'm pretty sure human forces would notice the difference immediately... because the Zentradi mecha are orders of magnitude bigger.  Your standard Zentradi clone soldier is between 9m and 10m tall.  The Inbit Iigaa is 2.5m tall.  In scale to a statistically-average 1.8m (~5'11") tall Human male, the Iigaa is 0.5m (~19.5") tall... approximately the size of a statistically-average newborn.  The very largest Inbit mecha, the Ghoss, is 8.6m tall.  In scale with that Human male, equivalent to a person approximately 1.72m (~5'8") tall.

Bear in mind, that's compared to an unarmored Zentradi soldier and equivalently scaled Human standing flatfooted.

Most Zentradi mecha are nearly twice the height of the very largest Inbit mecha (the Ghoss, at 8.6m).  The Regult is 15.12m tall, the Glaug is 16.55m tall, the Nousjadeul-Ger is 16.4m tall, and the Queadluun-Rau is 16.75m tall.  Most Inbit mecha would be little bigger to a Zentradi mecha than a garden variety crab is to you or I.  I'd hazard to say that'd leave most people looking at them in no doubt that they were different pretty much right away.

14 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It's a well-known fact that MOSPEADA's creators were "taking pointers" from Macross in the development of their series.

Esp. at the insistence of one of their merchandising partners, Imai Kagaku, who were adamant that the series had to prominently feature transforming fighter jets like Macross's as they were already riding that particular gravy train and wanted to keep it going.

Ah that makes sense! 

18 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Not really, no... they share some basic design traits in common but aesthetically and structurally they're completely different.

The red cyclops visior makes me see the similarities with the Inbit mechas. But yes, you're right that they are totally different. 

23 minutes ago, Invid99 said:

Ah that makes sense! 

Macross made a pretty big splash when it first debuted, and is noted as an inspiration to a number of different shows from that period... the most notable of which being Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.  

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Macross made a pretty big splash when it first debuted, and is noted as an inspiration to a number of different shows from that period... the most notable of which being Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.  

I know they are not the same, but if I had to choose one of the Zentraedi's mechs to be included in the Inbit arsenal, I would pick Queadluun-Rau. Replace the three fingers with claws and make the feet more spikey. 

zentraedi_queadluun___rau_female_power_armor_by_kevarin_d67cbei-fullview.thumb.jpg.413b9a72002cae68cee50f832a33602c.jpg