Jump to content

VF-1J Minmay Guard - Battroid Hasegawa 1/72


valkyriepm
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys! For those of you that don't use FB, here goes some pics of the kit I recently finished. The decals set is the original that Hasegawa released back in the day. The battroid kit also was bought many years ago and unfortunately give some probles with the decals that were used due to its age, I suppose. Anyway, happy with the results. Hope you like it.

Martin

feff44f8-faa0-4763-b4f4-5f4779bde944.thumb.jpg.2d76ba62d2b9f82b2e35d04a0847945b.jpg41448f3d-c47b-45dc-bed4-86f148b79612.thumb.jpg.7390fb3e082fc7e94d77b017d8edcb06.jpg1055cda8-6d0d-45af-9e2c-9c831d9ca24b.thumb.jpg.6f88017ded1ddafb14690cb3167b6fa7.jpgae5a82e8-c3a1-4582-bf99-22cc1aa8f3d7.thumb.jpg.39517ed8d1c5a13c1360483d5fe9db67.jpg167a0077-ee69-4918-b22f-707f7713f5d3.thumb.jpg.669d1ba0d2dffb853df36784a468aca1.jpg9a437b44-c342-49dd-8a14-2979195f5618.thumb.jpg.f4dbf1500fe4a4bd952d55c487116d00.jpg6ac749ca-b556-4b5e-b083-278c7976de52.thumb.jpg.110c4d5317c0dfcc90374b9518a66a59.jpg53146148-725f-433d-9d63-50dea4fcff08.thumb.jpg.d8a63155a32fdbb4b846fc1d7626ff25.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah so. I don't have that kit. But i do have water slides of those myself that I scored off a fellow MW'er years ago. I assumed they were sourced from that kit..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bolt said:

Ah so. I don't have that kit. But i do have water slides of those myself that I scored off a fellow MW'er years ago. I assumed they were sourced from that kit..

Was it the set that I made?

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/hasegawa/minmay-guard-paris-act

I wasn't sure if anyone else ever made one. I always considered it to be a missed opportunity by Hasegawa. They give you Minmay and some of the supporting designs, but not the really intricate stuff that makes the valk unique. They fixed that with the follow-on "Moon Act" set. For the "Paris Act" set, I had to draft and fit everything myself, working off of the pictures in the magazine. Massive pain in the backside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Was it the set that I made?

https://sites.google.com/site/tridentdesignworksdecals/hasegawa/minmay-guard-paris-act

I wasn't sure if anyone else ever made one. I always considered it to be a missed opportunity by Hasegawa. They give you Minmay and some of the supporting designs, but not the really intricate stuff that makes the valk unique. They fixed that with the follow-on "Moon Act" set. For the "Paris Act" set, I had to draft and fit everything myself, working off of the pictures in the magazine. Massive pain in the backside.

Yes , amigo. I scored a binder full of your work off a fellow MW'er several years ago. It's full of all kinds of goodies:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Yes , amigo. I scored a binder full of your work off a fellow MW'er several years ago. It's full of all kinds of goodies:)

Gotcha. Wasn't sure if that one was in your binder of goodies. :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the comments!

 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:24 PM, Gabe Q said:

That looks great! How did you do the honeycomb pattern? 

The top parts and arms were masked and painted. Tried to do the same for gunpod and legs but was unsuccessful. So after many attempts had to re-design them and print them as water slide decals. Tried to match the colors as best as I could and turned out with kind of a decent decal.

 

Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, valkyriepm said:

Thank you all for the comments!

 

The top parts and arms were masked and painted. Tried to do the same for gunpod and legs but was unsuccessful. So after many attempts had to re-design them and print them as water slide decals. Tried to match the colors as best as I could and turned out with kind of a decent decal.

 

Martin

Having done the same for this kit (designing decals), I know it's not at all easy to accomplish. Great work! :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Having done the same for this kit (designing decals), I know it's not at all easy to accomplish. Great work! :good:

Thank you! I've seen your decals from the link posted before and mine is not even close to the work you've done, that was amazing!

 

Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...