Centurions 3rd Party toys

Between Sears, Kmart, and Canadian Tire, my brother and I managed to acquire the entire Centurions toyline for Christmas 1986.  What amazing times we lived in!  ^_^

Wait, these are third-party toys...?  :huh:

...that aren't Transformers?  

...or Gundams?

...or robots of any kind...?  :blink:

What amazing times we live in!  :o

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

These look really cool, but I don't really have any nostalgic attachment to Centurions.

I have a strong nostalgic attachment to Centurions, but I'm too old to think these look cool. :p

I'd rather they tackled Mighty Orbots or Pole Position... you know, toyetic IPs that never got toys.

pole-position-tv-1280x720.jpg

12 minutes ago, tekering said:

I have a strong nostalgic attachment to Centurions, but I'm too old to think these look cool. :p

Couldn't you get an SOC Godmars and call it close enough to Orbots?

Maybe I think they look cool because they remind me of Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.  Which I have a very strong nostalgic attachment to.  I had several action figures, both light gun jets, all three VHS lightgun games, and I watched the show religiously.  And while, yeah, I liked both Mighty Orbots and Pole Position I'd take new Captain Power toys over all of it.

Edited by mikeszekely

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Maybe I think they look cool because they remind me of Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.  Which I have a very strong nostalgic attachment to.  I had several action figures, both light gun jets, all three VHS lightgun games, and I watched the show religiously.  And while, yeah, I liked both Mighty Orbots and Pole Position I'd take new Captain Power toys over all of it.

Heck yeah.

The world needs more Captain Power, and we're never going to have it. :(

A few years ago I found my pilot Centurion. I was thinking about keeping him but he had pet damage and it was just the figure. No weapons. I might get one of these. I thought the pilot was the best. I believe I had all three as a kid. I think they had additional heavier weapon armors too. I need to look it up.

I thought the opening and song for Visionaries was cool. I think I had a few figures and comics. But the toys didn't keep the cool premise of the show. I can't remember much about Pole Position except the opening and the arcade game.

But some company has to make Mighty Orbots. I remember posting about it in a few topics around here. I still hope that we will get a Chogokin Mighty Orbots. Either a normal Chogokin or in the Action Line. That has to happen.

I thought Captain Power was coming back. I remember when the DVD set came out there was talk about a new show. I got some Captain Power items back then. But then everything stopped and went quiet. I would take modern accurate jets without the gun handles. Those three animated cartoons were cool. Some notable people worked on those.

Another show that needs some interest is Bionic Six. I don't think they even released a complete DVD set of that show. I would love to see that.

I look at those figures and all I can think is, "Spartan IIs?"  I can't shake that out of my mind.

Visionaries was a fabulous premise and an excellent first few episodes.  Too bad the quality dropped off after the second one (the one with the dragon's eye).

5 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I guess after five years and no updates that Phoenix Rising is dead.

The last news was announcing their presence at a large merchandising event. My suspicion is they couldn't attract enough merchandise licenses to fill out the budget, and quietly dropped everything. Such an ignoble fate, but it is sadly on-brand.

On 4/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, Convectuoso said:

That was a fun show

Yeah some people still like it. An artist named Scott Dalrymple puts up sketches on ebay of the female characters from time to time.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:04 AM, no3Ljm said:

So how good is Ramen Toy in fulfilling paid full 5 months in advance orders? Does anyone knows?

No one knows. Brand new company. So everyone who POd is taking a gamble like me.

Edited by Checkmate
spelling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Checkmate said:

No one knows. Brand new company. So everyone who POd is taking a gamble like me.

I'm surprised nobody here knows it's not really new. From another forum, they've determined it's Black Aces/Calibre Wings/ Whatever they're called. 

Edited by crackpot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does Calibre Wings own Ramen Toys? This is seeing the owner of Calibre Wings using different name on most of the videos in the Ramen Toys Facebook feeds with the recent one showing these new photos on the feed. Just asking.

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...