PLEASE HELP ! DYRL production question...

rusted180

Hey fellas..

Been a looong time posting.. actually i think i posted 2 years ago before i left for japan. 

Anywho. I NEED HELP from some of you who are knowledgeable about DYRL  production staff. 

So my question is.. considering Shoji Kawamori was one of the two directors, did he sketch up the stoyboards and layouts for the movie? 

I've been obsessing over this for the last week and i cant find info anywhere.. 

Ive shared my production art collection several years ago on this forum but recently ive been haunted by this question..

I have three layouts from the production and trying to figure out if he sketched these up. *if you pay close attention to the handwriting on there, you can tell it's his writing *if you cross reference his notes and writing elsewhere... Also, the sketch appears to be his style too. 

Please help argh! Driving me crazy! 20190312_145826.thumb.jpg.2d3984d32b1fc3828420fd8b38b0720a.jpg20210311_031157.thumb.jpg.e9de7747a7dcbfbbc6b1cdf51651b057.jpg20210311_030334.thumb.jpg.72e26bee46830c74bb62a6daa47416d3.jpg

Edited by rusted180

3 hours ago, rusted180 said:

Anywho. I NEED HELP from some of you who are knowledgeable about DYRL  production staff. 

So my question is.. considering Shoji Kawamori was one of the two directors, did he sketch up the stoyboards and layouts for the movie? 

So... all I was able to turn up on this front was a remark in Document of Macross: No.004 pages 005-006 (the paragraph that straddles the book's spine) was that the initial rounds of storyboards were done by Fumihiko Takayama based on an early draft of the script and some image boards that Kawamori did, and then Kawamori did the final ones.

If a fellow translator could check my interpretation of that paragraph, it'd be appreciated.