Arcadia Direct Web Sale -limited time - 1 week only

tekering

Just now, tekering said:

Arcadia's backlog stock is now available again... for a limited time!

https://arcadia.ac/user_data/special2021

Tried for a PF Roy VF-1, instantly out of stock. Oh well.

They still have the PF VF-0S and VF-0D available. No joy on the VF-0S normal or either of the SDF-1s though.

• 2 weeks later...

For once, I order something from Arcadia's site and receive it within ten days...

The wait for preorders is usually closer to ten months. <_<

oversized-box-jpg.29003869

This tiny box nonetheless typifies wasteful Arcadia packaging, since the contents would've fit in a box half its size...

simple-kit-jpg.29003868

A simple kit that, upon reflection, I feel stupid having paid so much for.  <_<

But hey, at least I don't have to pay @Anasazi37 extra for waterslide decals! :lol:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

For once, I order something from Arcadia's site and receive it within ten days...

The wait for preorders is usually closer to ten months. <_<

oversized-box-jpg.29003869

This tiny box nonetheless typifies wasteful Arcadia packaging, since the contents would've fit in a box half its size...

simple-kit-jpg.29003868

A simple kit that, upon reflection, I feel stupid having paid so much for.  <_<

But hey, at least I don't have to pay @Anasazi37 extra for waterslide decals! :lol:

Nice to see a preview of what I ordered. I think my Lancer II reached Tenso this morning, but they haven't notified me of receipt yet. They'll likely use a larger-than-necessary shipping box as well, so lots of wasted space. Yeah, it did seem like a lot to pay for a kit, but it's a rare one that I've never found anywhere else. I more or less justified it that way and by thinking about what resin kits from folks like @captain america usually go for, due to the amount of time and craftsmanship involved in making them. Half the quality for half the price? :unknw:

Have to pay extra for decals? Sounds like I'm running some kind of decal racket....Just trying to help folks here and I don't take on many projects these days. For the price of this kit, not including a sheet would have been very disappointing, but we've seen worse. I'm looking at you, Max Factory. I'm still annoyed that their 1/20 valkyrie kits, apart from the armament sets, don't come with decals.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Nice to see a preview of what I ordered. I think my Lancer II reached Tenso this morning, but they haven't notified me of receipt yet. They'll likely use a larger-than-necessary shipping box as well, so lots of wasted space. Yeah, it did seem like a lot to pay for a kit, but it's a rare one that I've never found anywhere else. I more or less justified it that way and by thinking about what resin kits from folks like @captain america usually go for, due to the amount of time and craftsmanship involved in making them. Half the quality for half the price? :unknw:

Have to pay extra for decals? Sounds like I'm running some kind of decal racket....Just trying to help folks here and I don't take on many projects these days. For the price of this kit, not including a sheet would have been very disappointing, but we've seen worse. I'm looking at you, Max Factory. I'm still annoyed that their 1/20 valkyrie kits, apart from the armament sets, don't come with decals.

If it is a racket, it's a racket I'm totally fine with. :yahoo:

Though I'm sure @tekering was just being his usual effervescent self. :lol:

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

If it is a racket, it's a racket I'm totally fine with. :yahoo:

Though I'm sure @tekering was just being his usual effervescent self. :lol:

If we can't give each other a healthy amount of grief for collecting very expensive hunks of plastic/resin and then worrying about how to make them look as "realistic" as possible, why are we all here? :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Man, you really don't appreciate how small the SF-3A Lancer is until you see it in person. Mine arrived the other day. No regrets on buying it, but wow, it's small for something at 1/60 scale.

20210328_100247.jpg

Nice. Now you should build it and post pictures! :D

10 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Man, you really don't appreciate how small the SF-3A Lancer is until you see it in person. Mine arrived the other day. No regrets on buying it, but wow, it's small for something at 1/60 scale.

20210328_100247.jpg

Nice grab! I wanted the Lancer when it was announced, but it was just too expensive for something I would have to build myself.

45 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Nice grab! I wanted the Lancer when it was announced, but it was just too expensive for something I would have to build myself.

Pound for pound, probably one of the most expensive resin kits I've obtained, but I do plan to build it. At the other end of the spectrum is the 1/72 Monster that Mike Salzo (@mslz22) made. That thing is a well-crafted behemoth and I'm still trying to figure out how he didn't lose money on it, given how much resin he had to use for each kit. I'm looking forward to building that someday. I have no idea where I'm going to put it, though. Maybe next to my Plamax 1/20 valks--when I build those, too....