Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

Man, those Supernova customs are gorgeous.  Always wished Yamato or Arcadia would do the real thing someday, but the time's probably long past.

Don't think the decals ever existed in 1/48 scale either, but I'm definitely going to have to get creative with one of my Hasegawa kits.

21 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

YF19 History only (VF19 will be later) 

EDF5F986-BA65-4188-8603-5925FF04CF69.jpeg.f9f4399201571559e750014e90e98e9f.jpeg

Those poor original Yamatos at the front haven't aged too well. They were pretty nice for the time, but the Arcadia trumps it several times over. 

I still have my originals....somewhere lol

Wonder why they (still) haven't done a 1/60 VF-19A since the original Yammie 1/72 and the tiny GN-U.

Regardless, hope they re-do Isamu's VF-11b soon.

with the Booster rocket this time!!!

while they await approval for their YF-21 re-do...

:5:

Edited by treatment

Hi Guys. I received my YF-19PF copy from HLJ last week. Sadly it came with a lot of issues  fresh of the box, the right arm is broken, it has a missing ratchet behind the left leg, and the left neck cover is really loose. :(

I contacted Arcadia and HLJ about the issues, HLJ already replied me, Arcadia not yet

I really hope no one of you have these issues :(

IMG-20230412-WA0201.jpg.4289da74c76e403c22fa4bd46de24df2.jpg

IMG-20230412-WA0185.jpeg

IMG-20230412-WA0198.jpg

IMG-20230412-WA0200.jpg

That's really disappointing, I hope someone will be able to make that right before they disappear from the market.

Though, for those particular parts, you could easily swap in a replacement from a regular re-issue version, and it would work fine.  It might even be worth looking into printing some of those parts.

Edited by Chronocidal

They're (sometimes) overtightening the screws. I only had to turn the screw on one of my shoulders every so slightly to get it to move normally again.

Seeing as this is essentially a reissue of an established mold that didn't previously have such issues, it seems Bandai isn't the only one to take a hit in the QC department.

On 4/16/2023 at 5:07 PM, Kicker773 said:

Quick one before dinner. Probably gonna post the DSLR pics on Instagram..

9239E560-031F-465D-8C96-9CFE1C9E22DF.jpeg.ba3a00a588931cf0ccf109c8cc356f4c.jpeg

Spectacular!!

I am sure you went through a lot of trouble to pull this together and I want you to know how much I truly appreciate this picture.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Priss! said:

Hi Guys. I received my YF-19PF copy from HLJ last week. Sadly it came with a lot of issues  fresh of the box, the right arm is broken, it has a missing ratchet behind the left leg, and the left neck cover is really loose. :(

I contacted Arcadia and HLJ about the issues, HLJ already replied me, Arcadia not yet

I really hope no one of you have these issues :(

IMG-20230412-WA0201.jpg.4289da74c76e403c22fa4bd46de24df2.jpg

IMG-20230412-WA0185.jpeg

IMG-20230412-WA0198.jpg

IMG-20230412-WA0200.jpg

OWWWW!!!

Broken Insidie The Box!

That's a really major bummer.

Hopefully HLJ will do you a solid with a quick verified unbroken replacement.

I think my main concern would be that they won't be able to replace it, since it's out of production, as far as I know.  You might be able to get one directly from Arcadia, but even that might be a crapshoot on whether you get another broken one.

If it's an option, I would also try and get replacement parts for the broken and missing bits from Arcadia.  The shoulder and hip ratchet won't show much if they don't have the weathering applied, and the neck cover panel could be done with a mechanical pencil.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly the premium finish, got the regular version last month from Mandarake aaaaand

Left leg completely broke in two as I was trying to transform it, didnt aply extra pressure or anything as Im always extra careful with these

PXL_20230502_204411684.jpg

PXL_20230502_204416228.jpg

Youch, that's an insane place for it to just break apart.

I wonder if you could actually contact Arcadia for a spare leg?  It doesn't look like a hard repair to make given the right pieces, at least at first glance.  Looks like the shaft it was screwed together by just sheared off entirely.

6 hours ago, mog_kupo said:

Not exactly the premium finish, got the regular version last month from Mandarake aaaaand

Left leg completely broke in two as I was trying to transform it, didnt aply extra pressure or anything as Im always extra careful with these

PXL_20230502_204411684.jpg

PXL_20230502_204416228.jpg

Ouch!

Try to get some support from the Manda-shop you bought it from.  They do try to help sometimes.

Otherwise, you will need to contact Arcadia and try to get support from them. If you do get support from Arcadia, you will need a proxy-service for a japanese-address since Arcadia somehow cannot send items outside of Japan for warranty-service.

18 minutes ago, treatment said:

Ouch!

Try to get some support from the Manda-shop you bought it from.  They do try to help sometimes.

Otherwise, you will need to contact Arcadia and try to get support from them. If you do get support from Arcadia, you will need a proxy-service for a japanese-address since Arcadia somehow cannot send items outside of Japan for warranty-service.

Yeah I already sent them an email to see if they can help me reach out to Arcadia

I think the problem was that the screw was not long enough to act as a support and since that part was hollow it just broke, I guess I can fix it myself with some Tamiya Cement and a longer screw

Edited by mog_kupo

I was wondering if they might have used too short a screw, but that should have been a long sturdy plastic shaft, and it's not a rotation point, so I don't know what stress was even on that part to make it fail.  Maybe the shaft had a flaw that failed when the ratchet tooth pressed on it?  I don't know.

Unless the ratchet tooth was actually part of that shaft that broke?  That would be concerning, since it just feels like a weird design choice, when it looks like that tooth is a separate insert piece, so it can be made of a different material.

Apologies for the 20 questions about it, I'm actually curious what the full assembly is now, since I never wanted to pry out the screw covers to examine these, and every bit of information about the construction is helpful for avoiding or fixing these kinds of breaks in the future.

50 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You guys made me worried enough to open up my PF YF-19.

Legs are fine, though clicking the gerwalk joint back in for fighter mode is really stiff.

Haven't tackled the arms yet, but nothing obviously broken or missing.

Me too! Just opened mine up but I went further and loosened the arm screws and the ankles because they were so tight gerwalk was impossible. Funny because loose ankles was my biggest issue with the original release.

I'm trying to remember what I did on mine (first release)----the GERWALK joint IS scary-stiff and I'm honestly not THAT surprised to see one break right by it, but I don't think I sanded it, but I know I did SOMETHING to make it less scary (though if it makes it through the first transformation or two, the odds of lasting a while greatly increase).   

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Me too! Just opened mine up but I went further and loosened the arm screws and the ankles because they were so tight gerwalk was impossible. Funny because loose ankles was my biggest issue with the original release.

My ankles were fine actually. It's nice they're stiffer after watching my OG Arcadia YF-19 face-plant due to the weak ankles.

For my gerwalk joint, I waited to put it back in until I'd locked in everything else to fighter mode, seemed to help give it more support. Also had to ratchet it in all the way at once, trying to go 1 click at a time stalled out.

13 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I was wondering if they might have used too short a screw, but that should have been a long sturdy plastic shaft, and it's not a rotation point, so I don't know what stress was even on that part to make it fail.  Maybe the shaft had a flaw that failed when the ratchet tooth pressed on it?  I don't know.

Unless the ratchet tooth was actually part of that shaft that broke?  That would be concerning, since it just feels like a weird design choice, when it looks like that tooth is a separate insert piece, so it can be made of a different material.

Apologies for the 20 questions about it, I'm actually curious what the full assembly is now, since I never wanted to pry out the screw covers to examine these, and every bit of information about the construction is helpful for avoiding or fixing these kinds of breaks in the future.

I was going from fighter to gerwalk, following the tutorial by Jenius when the lef leg just broke as soon as I tried to get it down from fighter

You are right, its not a rotation point 

I guess it was mostly due to a faulty plastic or some over tightening of that screw since the blue part its a separete piece and shouldnt cause any strees on the part that broke

PXL_20230502_205506098.jpg

PXL_20230503_171137491.jpg

5 hours ago, mog_kupo said:

I was going from fighter to gerwalk, following the tutorial by Jenius when the lef leg just broke as soon as I tried to get it down from fighter

I guess it was mostly due to a faulty plastic or some over tightening of that screw since the blue part its a separete piece and shouldnt cause any strees on the part that broke

Appreciate the photos, thanks!  Yeah, that's a strange place for it to just shear off.

On 5/3/2023 at 1:13 PM, mog_kupo said:

My VF-19S broke in practically the same place back in the day. Except I wasn't transforming it when it broke. It was standing in battroid mode in a sealed case and after a week, I found it lying down with the leg having come off on its own. That same peg had seemingly disintegrated because there were crumbled bits of plastic and was impossible to glue back together like that.

15 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

My VF-19S broke in practically the same place back in the day. Except I wasn't transforming it when it broke. It was standing in battroid mode in a sealed case and after a week, I found it lying down with the leg having come off on its own. That same peg had seemingly disintegrated because there were crumbled bits of plastic and was impossible to glue back together like that.

I remember your breakage too, but I think that was a very different case.  If I'm remembering correctly, yours sheared off at the actual hip splay pivot, which is absolutely a joint that takes direct stress when posing the legs.  The entire leg is supported by that one shaft.

This one isn't even a part that moves, it's just the screw holding the thigh together, and you can see where other supporting pegs were sheared off.

On 5/5/2023 at 5:39 PM, Chronocidal said:

I remember your breakage too, but I think that was a very different case.  If I'm remembering correctly, yours sheared off at the actual hip splay pivot, which is absolutely a joint that takes direct stress when posing the legs.  The entire leg is supported by that one shaft.

This one isn't even a part that moves, it's just the screw holding the thigh together, and you can see where other supporting pegs were sheared off.

Yeah, I think you're right. In any case, I think it's shameful that they knew about breakages, delayed the release, and then apparently that time spent didn't seem to resolve anything.