Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never gotten an Arcadia Valkyrie in a sealed box. That's not counting the bubble wrap and shipping box. You can easily work the tab out of the flap without any noticable damage to the cardboard. Can you really prove MISB?  :unknw:  No one is going to know, so its all good!  :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never gotten an Arcadia Valkyrie in a sealed box. That's not counting the bubble wrap and shipping box. You can easily work the tab out of the flap without any noticable damage to the cardboard. Can you really prove MISB?  :unknw:  No one is going to know, so its all good!  :ph34r:

While most Yamato releases came in a box with a cardboard tab and no tape, a few of their releases did come in a different cardboard box with no tab but sealed with tape instead.

I supposed someone could carefully open it by removing and replacing the tape, but all bets are off at that point.

I would disassemble those arms at the shoulder joint before transformation, get that mushroom cap joint out, drill the center out and plastic weld a metal rod in there. If it's that fragile and stiff, disassembly and reinforcement would be called for anyways.

Ok, yeah, at this point I'm highly suspicious of two things:

1. They probably gave everything a weathering coat, and it's gumming up the works.
2. The people breaking these things might be ham-fisting the transformation and trying to force things to move instead of doing the smart thing and loosening the screws first, because they're absolutely accessible.

I'm not even sure I'm going to attempt to transform mine when it arrives.  I always intended to display it in fighter mode anyhow.

Edited by Chronocidal

Haven't transformed it yet, but she is lovely in fighter mode. This is the YF-19 toy I've wanted ever since I first watched Macross Plus. (Sorry but Bandai's effort is just a repainted VF-19 Advance :p)

I'll transform it after my second copy arrives. You know, in case there's a mishap... :unsure:

Will have to wait till this weekend to break out the DSLR for some proper pics, but the phone will have to suffice for now.

YF-19PFphone001.jpg.9cbde63ece72d61afffd5fcb2e439204.jpg

YF-19PFphone002.jpg.b54a413ae3678b2e45db94b56edc9f00.jpg

YF-19PFphone003.jpg.3d926d3434b177ec15015753600691f2.jpg

1 hour ago, daBlah! said:

Is everything just crazy tight on this release 🤷 anyone keeping scores on breakages Vs no issue 🙈

Looks like it’s up to around 4:Several Thousand that are broken vs not reported broken at this point. 😊

Edited by Slave IV

But are those just super tight or actually stuck?

I have never transformed my original release. It has been sitting in fighter mode since I took it out of the box.

Edited by Froy

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Looks like it’s up to around 4:Several Thousand that are broken vs not reported broken at this point. 😊

I would adjust that to say 4 of the ones that have been unboxed...vs shipped...just to be 'that guy' lol :)

That one even has a new concern area on the shoulder. 2nd hand market is going to suck trying to get one because you won't have support through HLJ or another retailer if they do offer help...you are on your own

For the things that have been shown to break, I believe both versions can be fixed by adjusting the screws holding the shoulders.  The recent one that twisted off the entire pauldron should be able to be fixed by loosening the screw under the shoulder mount like I did, and the previous ones can be accessed after removing the arm from the shoulder by that same screw.

If the arms are so tight that they're breaking after loosening the screws, I think that'll be an entirely different level of issue.  But for now, just play it safe, and don't try and force anything to move if it doesn't want to.

Edit: As a reminder, given it's been a while.. keep in mind that you may need to do things to protect the paint around the spine and front of the cockpit.  The black panel behind the canopy can get scratched by the spine rubbing it, and the place where the cockpit fits behind the head under the coverplate with the 4 thrusters on it can scratch the black paint on either side of the very front of the cockpit. 

I filed the hinges (metal) of the backplate so they wouldn't scratch on either side of the canopy, and put a piece of masking tape on the spine to cover where it can be scratched in battroid.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Haven't transformed it yet, but she is lovely in fighter mode. This is the YF-19 toy I've wanted ever since I first watched Macross Plus. (Sorry but Bandai's effort is just a repainted VF-19 Advance :p)

I'll transform it after my second copy arrives. You know, in case there's a mishap... :unsure:

Will have to wait till this weekend to break out the DSLR for some proper pics, but the phone will have to suffice for now.

now you make me regret not ordering one.:angry:😁

Edited by Angesdad

23 hours ago, RIBFIR said:

CA29FEBC-B1AD-49F4-A292-2EA74817128D.jpeg

Just received my PF yf-19 from AE and will say the 2 year wait was worth it. Thanks Arcadia!

I don't think the same sentiments can be said to those who ordered DX VF-31A from Nippon-Yasan. Including me. :spiteful:

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Lovely. :wub: 

Edited by no3Ljm

23 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

For the things that have been shown to break, I believe both versions can be fixed by adjusting the screws holding the shoulders.  The recent one that twisted off the entire pauldron should be able to be fixed by loosening the screw under the shoulder mount like I did, and the previous ones can be accessed after removing the arm from the shoulder by that same screw.

If the arms are so tight that they're breaking after loosening the screws, I think that'll be an entirely different level of issue.  But for now, just play it safe, and don't try and force anything to move if it doesn't want to.

Edit: As a reminder, given it's been a while.. keep in mind that you may need to do things to protect the paint around the spine and front of the cockpit.  The black panel behind the canopy can get scratched by the spine rubbing it, and the place where the cockpit fits behind the head under the coverplate with the 4 thrusters on it can scratch the black paint on either side of the very front of the cockpit. 

I filed the hinges (metal) of the backplate so they wouldn't scratch on either side of the canopy, and put a piece of masking tape on the spine to cover where it can be scratched in battroid.

Ooo nice! Is there a post on where to file so could i do the same? 

2 hours ago, IIymij said:

Ooo nice! Is there a post on where to file so could i do the same? 

I went digging through the archives (180 pages of posts worth :lol:) and dug up a few key points from the original YF-19 release thread.  We might want to pin these in some way to keep them easy to find.

Where to file the edges of the backplate to avoid scratching the nose point:

Location where the spine can get scratched by the backplate:

Original post about the wing mounting solution I came up with:

Shortly after that post is one that contains a link to a Shapeways version of the neck cover for fighter, in case anyone loses it.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I went digging through the archives (180 pages of posts worth :lol:) and dug up a few key points from the original YF-19 release thread.  We might want to pin these in some way to keep them easy to find.

Thanks for sharing that, @Chronocidal. It's so nice to see those good familiar members from the old thread. :drinks::good: