Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

On 2/23/2023 at 8:43 PM, Chronocidal said:

I keep hoping the delay is so they can redesign the wingsweep mechanism. <_<  I've still got a set of metal brackets saved for this one, but I just hope I can take it apart without destroying the wings.

It could use better ankles and a deeper Gerwalk joint too...

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

They claim they have some leftovers/cancels too... might've missed the next round of orders for it though.

One can only wonder if they’re going to drop the prices on both versions after the first batch sales due to the cancellations? 

10 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

they should have weathered em:unsure:

I thought they were?  At least a small amount.

I've never wanted anything weathered, because it's just one more thing to screw up while transforming them.  Same reason I really hate unnecessary diecast.  All I wanted was them to print the rest of the markings. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

14 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I thought they were?  At least a small amount.

Arcadia I believe confirmed they shelved the weathering version they displayed at WF a few years ago due to budget limitations.

i think the premium 0D was the pinnacle valk release and was hoping it would be a trend going forward. 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I've never wanted anything weathered, because it's just one more thing to screw up while transforming them.  Same reason I really hate unnecessary diecast.  All I wanted was them to print the rest of the markings. :p 

In @davidwhangchoi's defense, he doesn't transform. :spiteful:

:lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Huh, that is weirdly low for the Premium Finish version.  But they have three listings too... hmm?

The small number is the deposit for the original 2021 reservations and the other number is the actual balance. My fromjapan order went through on Friday for 42680JPY. That’s 38412+4268. 

I forgot to cancel my old order. Oh well. I think anyone purchasing this today should be able to avoid the 4268 charge and save about $30US, if I’m reading things correctly.

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

The small number is the deposit for the original 2021 reservations and the other number is the actual balance. My fromjapan order went through on Friday for 42680JPY. That’s 38412+4268. 

I forgot to cancel my old order. Oh well. I think anyone purchasing this today should be able to avoid the 4268 charge and save about $30US, if I’m reading things correctly.

I wasn't referring to the small number.  But there is a final listing that has a full 38412.  Looks like I confused one of the 4268's for 426800.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I wasn't referring to the small number.  But there is a final listing that has a full 38412.  Looks like I confused one of the 4268's for 426800.

Gotcha. The gist is that Arcadia seems to have removed the deposit from the new order page. Not a bad thing for those placing their orders now.

11 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Gotcha. The gist is that Arcadia seems to have removed the deposit from the new order page. Not a bad thing for those placing their orders now.

I went back to the site and tried to check out the one with 38k yen. You still can add to cart. However it says that there is insufficient quantity. Oh well. Time to wait for other sites to list. 

1 hour ago, ZYZY said:

I went back to the site and tried to check out the one with 38k yen. You still can add to cart. However it says that there is insufficient quantity. Oh well. Time to wait for other sites to list. 

Oh! That sold out faster on Arcadia’s site than I expected it to. Cool. Hopefully, the shops that list the premium finish YF-19 are in the same range price-wise.

29 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It was, but I think several retailers did pick it up.  I got mine at HLJ.  What I don't know is what will happen with any cancelled pre-orders from other sites, and whether they will be stuck with stock to clear out after the dust clears.

I know they picked it up but it's a site exclusive.  There won't be the usual piles of them like other regular Arcadia releases.

In terms of leftovers because of the wait, I don't know.  I had put in a FromJapan order when I saw they had extra online but looks like that won't go through anyway...

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Keep my eyes peeled for one now.:ph34r:

Thought I'd be forever content with my DX 19 thus didn't jump on the PF wagon but over time I've come to appreciate Arcadia's take on the YF-19 more.

I think Arcadia's YF-19 is better looking than Bandai's YF-19 even if Arcadia's crotch transformation is wrong. I know poseability and articulation is better with Bandai's. But the overall, I'll still choose Arcadia's. ;) 

That reminds me.. I need to get back to work designing a new wing hinge for the DX version to match my Arcadia mod. :p (And seeing if I can disassemble Bandai's abominable engineering without destroying it..)

I love them both, but the stupid wing hinge design is the one thing that drags both designs down pretty equally.  Bandai's version even ratchets to a point, but it doesn't stop the wings from floating backwards, and it's actually worse than the Arcadia in that regard, since the wings float in the glove, instead of stopping against the leg.

19 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That reminds me.. I need to get back to work designing a new wing hinge for the DX version to match my Arcadia mod. :p (And seeing if I can disassemble Bandai's abominable engineering without destroying it..)

I love them both, but the stupid wing hinge design is the one thing that drags both designs down pretty equally.  Bandai's version even ratchets to a point, but it doesn't stop the wings from floating backwards, and it's actually worse than the Arcadia in that regard, since the wings float in the glove, instead of stopping against the leg.

Talking about wings though. Wish both companies made the hip wing joints ratchet in Battroid mode.

8 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Well.. hope the after market prices won’t kill me then. Bummer.

Let's hope that extra PF stocks will reach the next sale event at HLJ. They put some of the old PF stocks they have including VF-4A on the last sale. So we'll see. :good: 

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Let's hope that extra PF stocks will reach the next sale event at HLJ. They put some of the old PF stocks they have including VF-4A on the last sale. So we'll see. :good: 

HLJ was selling at 10k yen mark up.... not sure if I want to get it from there... or wait for other sites to list it. 

12 minutes ago, ZYZY said:

HLJ was selling at 10k yen mark up.... not sure if I want to get it from there... or wait for other sites to list it. 

Oh, I'm not suggesting to get it from HLJ's SRP price. I'm just saying that the stocks they have will reach onto the next 'sale' event they're going to have. Because some of the Arcadia PF stocks they have was put in discount from the last sale event.