Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

4 hours ago, NoctisTalem said:

So does this mean that the regular release is still set to release this month now?

It means that Arcadia is taking advantage of the delay to perform extra quality checks.

Given how factory QC issues have come back to bite the company in the past, this is only a good thing all around.. 

Edited by technoblue

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

It means that Arcadia is taking advantage of the delay to perform extra quality checks.

Given how factory QC issues have come back to bite the company in the past, this is only a good thing all around.. 

How do you figure during a lockdown in China once again?

At this point I don’t think there is any QA team to inspect these and possibly no workers to build more beyond the picture of the line up of YF-19(s) in the previous picture.

At this point I am highly considering pulling all my pre-orders and just wait for supply to be verified upon receipt by vendors. Sure, I’ll pay more but the product will be tangible.

Honestly the way things have shifted, I wouldn’t be surprised if the tub of cream cheese you are looking at today couldn’t have been your VF-19 parts.

Sorry for the rant. 

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

How do you figure during a lockdown in China once again?

At this point I don’t think there is any QA team to inspect these and possibly no workers to build more beyond the picture of the line up of YF-19(s) in the previous picture.

At this point I am highly considering pulling all my pre-orders and just wait for supply to be verified upon receipt by vendors. Sure, I’ll pay more but the product will be tangible.

Honestly the way things have shifted, I wouldn’t be surprised if the tub of cream cheese you are looking at today couldn’t have been your VF-19 parts.

Sorry for the rant. 

Huh? I don’t know where you pulled that cream cheese commentary from but okay.

I was just communicating my interpretation of Arcadia’s tweet. The company certainly has the ability to check what new YF-19s they have on hand so they did and they are happy with what they see. Even a bad web translator was able to communicate that much.

The OP was also curious if the YF-19 release was back on schedule. Alas, it’s still delayed with no new release date. I wasn’t trying to troll or be an arse. I don’t see why I should get that kind of response for trying to help another member out. Eh, whatevs…

14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They never cancelled the release, just postponed it without a release date.

Honestly when i read RESERVATION CANCELLATION i thought it was all over. I m really glad it's not though and i hope i will be able to get my PF very soon...it's one of my  favourite VF(well, YF in this case).

5 hours ago, Bub said:

Are those the YF-21s in the background? Are they hinting a YF-21 reissue?

If you're referring to the more 'blue' looking thing on the right, that looks like some 'printing machine' by the wall.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:00 PM, Bub said:

Wow, I need to have my eyes checked...

I think the „thing“ all the way to the left in the background could be a black YF-21. The lens cover seems to be red but it is missing the gray of Gamlins VF-22S.

[edit:] The one in the middle could be a VF-9. It has a similar head than the SV-51 but it looks like spikes on the right shoulder of the toy similar to the laser turret on the VF-9. And the VF-9 has an extending neck feature too. :ph34r:

Edited by Scyla

9 hours ago, Scyla said:

I think the „thing“ all the way to the left in the background could be a black YF-21. The lens cover seems to be red but it is missing the gray of Gamlins VF-22S.

[edit:] The one in the middle could be a VF-9. It has a similar head than the SV-51 but it looks like spikes on the right shoulder of the toy similar to the laser turret on the VF-9. And the VF-9 has an extending neck feature too. :ph34r:

Gamlin's head fin is kind of missing on the left image. And it has that silver/gray thing on the top of the head like Ivanov's SV-51 which VF-22 doesn't have.

On the right, yes, it's probably VF-9's laser turret that we're seeing. But then the head beside it still resembles Ivanov's SV-51 for its red sensor on the face and that same silver/gray thing on the top of the head.

Thanks for playing though. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Gamlin's head fin is kind of missing on the left image. And it has that silver/gray thing on the top of the head like Ivanov's SV-51 which VF-22 doesn't have.

On the right, yes, it's probably VF-9's laser turret that we're seeing. But then the head beside it still resembles Ivanov's SV-51 for its red sensor on the face and that same silver/gray thing on the top of the head.

Thanks for playing though. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

^_^

On 5/3/2022 at 1:28 AM, Ali Sama said:

Wow. So many delays. 

Arcadia, being a smaller toy manufacturer, always had delays in their products once in a while.

Now with the pandemic even Bandai has now frequent delays for their products like the Metal Build Eva-00 or the Mirage  VF-31AX.

I think it is par for the course that Arcadia is having a more difficult time dealing with the ramifications of the pandemic. Especially when you have to switch factories since you don’t own them or train new workers since the one with experience are in quarantine.

Oh, you think delays are bad now. The supply chain just got 5x worse than we have seen for the past couple years. Batten down the hatches, stock up and pt on your patience caps kids. It's about to get a LOT worse.

• 3 weeks later...

HLJ just recently had a few of the regular version come up for pre-order again - what are the chances of them doing the same for the Premium Finish at some point?  Have there been PF's available at retail after release historically?  Trying to decide if I should hold out and hope or just go ahead and pay the ransom somewhere now.  

41 minutes ago, LBluesummers said:

HLJ just recently had a few of the regular version come up for pre-order again - what are the chances of them doing the same for the Premium Finish at some point?  Have there been PF's available at retail after release historically?  Trying to decide if I should hold out and hope or just go ahead and pay the ransom somewhere now.  

While, I imagine, not on the same level of popularity as the 19 the 1/60 Max and Millia PFs were available for ages, the 1/60 PF Elint still is, even the 0D was around for a bit. I think there's definitely hope, especially since it's an Arcadia release and not a Bandai one. 

5 hours ago, NoctisTalem said:

has someone made a third party decal set specifically for the YF-19?

Not that I know of, but the YF-19 Arcadia stickers are thinner and less noticeabale than other Arcadia/Yamato stickers.

Can't beat waterslide decals though.

6 hours ago, NoctisTalem said:

Hey all, I'm curious if there are any waterslide decals for the YF-19 instead of the stickers. I recently got a YF-19 and don't want to deal with the stickers, has someone made a third party decal set specifically for the YF-19?

Back in 2007, for the original Yamato YF-19, I made two sets. One was a conversion of the stickers to waterslide decals. The other was a resize of Hasegawa Option Decal #1, from 1/72 to 1/60. That sheet had some relevant markings on it, like the "Super NOVA" one.

Back in 2014, a MW member commissioned me to do a conversion of the original Arcadia YF-19 stickers:

image.png.18a1e8a85ea4710816f7303216195356.png

image.png.2c4e6fa2b7534c9c6a0ab33b464d0a16.png

I'd have to ask the person who commissioned them if it's okay for me to print another set (probably fine), but the bigger issue is that I retired from printing decals several years ago because my work keeps me extremely busy. I occasionally produce small sets that address oversights or mistakes made by Arcadia and Bandai and take on unique/challenging commissions, but right now the waiting list is pretty long. There are folks on it who have been waiting patiently for more than a year because of my limited free time.