Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

On 4/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Has anyone purchased Arcadia online limited items from outside Japan using a forwarding address?

I have not had any luck using proxies lately. 

I only buy Arcadia Premium Finish valks, from Arcadia.ac, using my Tenso forwarding address, never had an issue.  They even sent the replacement legs for my SV51 to my Tenso address.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, autoNamed said:

Anyone know if pre orders are shipping from retailers soon? Hoping that they start to go out earlier in August than later.

Premium finish is scheduled to be released in September 2021

The regular is scheduled to be released in August 2021

no official date were set yet.   so more likely end of August  

On 8/7/2021 at 11:47 PM, no3Ljm said:

Hey @Lolicon. Yes. It's some of the sequence from the stop motion that I did replacing the original YF-19 image with the figure.

You can see the full stop motion video here:

Pretty slick! You'd put Phil Tippett out of a job, if Jurassic Park hadn't already done so. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news: the Arcadia 1/60 Complete Transformation YF-19 with Fast Pack Premium Finish release is now delayed to Dec 2021, via Twitter
(my wallet is good with this news)

EDIT: I missed this other tweet, the YF-19 regular release was also moved to Nov 2021

Edited by ValkAddict

8 hours ago, aurance said:

Hi guys. Is there a good way of tightening up the Arcadia wings so they don't flipflop? I guess the floppy wings are the one thing keeping me from pulling the plug on one.

There are ways to do it.. but in the end, I wound up making parts to replace the hinges outright, returning them to the same design as the old Yamato 1/60 design, removing the high-speed mode.

I think there are details about what I did further back in this topic, or a previous Arcadia YF-19 topic.  I sent off a pattern to have metal hinge replacements cut.  I don't think the metal ones can be done anymore, but I think POM plastic is still available from the site I did it with.

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm trying to remember if I paid ahead of time for the YF-19 PF, or just ordered off their website to Tenso.

Iirc you preordered at HLJ with the 20% off coupon. 🤑. …. I looked at your post and ended up preordering it too. 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

There are ways to do it.. but in the end, I wound up making parts to replace the hinges outright, returning them to the same design as the old Yamato 1/60 design, removing the high-speed mode.

I think there are details about what I did further back in this topic, or a previous Arcadia YF-19 topic.  I sent off a pattern to have metal hinge replacements cut.  I don't think the metal ones can be done anymore, but I think POM plastic is still available from the site I did it with.

Okay thank you

Huh. Just looked at my AE account and saw that the YF-19 PF I added months ago is still in my "Standing Not Paid" list with the bright yellow PAY NOW button available. Never seen that before. AE cancels any unpaid orders once they're sold out. Now I'm tempted to pay it and see if they actually honor it or just refund my money.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:32 PM, Lolicon said:

Huh. Just looked at my AE account and saw that the YF-19 PF I added months ago is still in my "Standing Not Paid" list with the bright yellow PAY NOW button available. Never seen that before. AE cancels any unpaid orders once they're sold out. Now I'm tempted to pay it and see if they actually honor it or just refund my money.

Same here, I haven't removed it, but I'm not planning on getting two.  I'll be curious if they eventually cull the unpaid orders.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:34 PM, Chronocidal said:

Same here, I haven't removed it, but I'm not planning on getting two.  I'll be curious if they eventually cull the unpaid orders.

I'd like to give it a try, but I'm not really sure I want even one PF YF-19. I guess approaching the $500 mark is where I have to draw the line on expensive as hell valks, at least at this scale.

Yeah, it's steep, no doubt.  I'm only splurging on one of these because it's my favorite VF, and I want at least one Arcadia mold with all the markings, and no stickers.  

do wish they would stop with the weathering though, since I really don't care for it, but it looks like this is just what they're doing going forward.  Guess they had to come up with a way to one-up Bandai's overblown tampo, and try to justify the higher prices.

27 minutes ago, Odditz said:

Is it too late to get the Preorder the PF YF-19? If not where can I still get it? HLJ is all booked up. And I don’t see another of websites. I see you guys mention FJ. No clue what site that is. Thanks in Advance. 

FromJapan (FJ) is a Japanese Proxy site that can order for you from shops who don’t sell items abroad. What you do is send them the link of the item you want to purchase for inquiry. If they can get it then you have to pay them in full before they place the order. Once the item is ready it will be shipped from the store to the proxy and to you.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:25 PM, Chronocidal said:

Hmm.. more time to save.. but also closer to the holidays. 🤔

Yep :D! I've been on the fence about keeping my pre-order cause these have gotten so expensive anymore, so I'll be glad for the delay :). It will be my first premium finish.

• 2 months later...

My YF-19 PF was still sitting in my open orders tab at AE, so I went ahead and paid for it as the exchange rate was favorable ($377).

At this point I did it really more out of curiosity over whether or not they will actually be able to fulfill the order. I doubt it but I'll find out in a day or so if they refund my money. :unknw:

• 2 weeks later...