Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I must have missed that coupon discussion.

They were offering 20% off one entire order (no limitations, even pre-orders) if you shipped an item from a list within a certain time period.

I ended up ordering a hobby magazine, and used the 20% off coupon for A bit over $200 in discount on an order including the PF YF-19.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They were offering 20% off one entire order (no limitations, even pre-orders) if you shipped an item from a list within a certain time period.

I ended up ordering a hobby magazine, and used the 20% off coupon for A bit over $200 in discount on an order including the PF YF-19.

My work is screwing everything up these days.  Oh well.  They're sold out completely now anyway.  I guess I'll just suck up that $114 shipping from FromJapan.

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

My work is screwing everything up these days.  Oh well.  They're sold out completely now anyway.  I guess I'll just suck up that $114 shipping from FromJapan.

besides waiting for EMS to come back.. There's also the Fedex international economy that is currently also suspend for more countries.  when that resumes , it will be close to the EMS rate.   

4 hours ago, F360 said:

besides waiting for EMS to come back.. There's also the Fedex international economy that is currently also suspend for more countries.  when that resumes , it will be close to the EMS rate.   

EMS is not an option for me anyway.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:23 AM, no3Ljm said:

Yes, it probably also have issue on the wings but Arcadia is indeed a new mold than Yamato's.

Check @jenius' review on his Scorched Earth site. Here's some sample photos from his site:

YF-19-Arcadia-29.jpg

YF-19-Arcadia-21.jpg

YF-19-Arcadia-27.jpg

On 2/25/2021 at 1:41 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

Completely sure. Profiles are drastically different, for one thing.

Bandai-DX-YF-19-14.jpg

Ohhhh right my bad, I forgot the most recent version (which is the one I have) was by Arcadia and not Yamato. 

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

Didn’t you guys say FromJapan charged you the full amount?  They only just charged me for the down payment.

I was charged the full amount for the '19, but some members were charged for only the down payment when ordering the VF-4A.

Edited by technoblue

8 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Didn’t you guys say FromJapan charged you the full amount?  They only just charged me for the down payment.

AFAIK FromJapan always charge for the full amount. I believe it was FJ's mistake that some were just charged partially.

8 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

For folks who might be interested. I received several inquires about making a sheet after the price for the Premium Finish version was revealed by Arcadia.

You already know I'm in for several sheets. As are many others who balk at spending $500 on a single valk. :D

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:
Has anyone purchased Arcadia online limited items from outside Japan using a forwarding address?

I have not had any luck using proxies lately. 

Haven't purchased anything, but I did get my replacement SV-51 legs through a forwarding address.

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Has anyone purchased Arcadia online limited items from outside Japan using a forwarding address?

I have not had any luck using proxies lately. 

Yes. I purchased an item during their recent "we found some old stuff in our warehouse!" sale and had it sent to my Tenso address. Worked perfectly.

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

Are the lower legs on the Arcadia shorter because its more accurate.  It almost looks like they shouldn't be that short but maybe I'm just used to looking at the longer legs of the Bandai DX and Yamato versions.

To be honest, I really don't think there's proper accuracy in-between toys against its linearts. Here's some pics from @jenius' Anymoon website:

Bandai-DX-YF-19-47.jpg

YF-19-Arcadia-18.jpg

Bandai-DX-YF-19-37.jpg

Battroid lineart would not transform to look like its Fighter counterpart lineart. Valks on the other hand from Frontier onwards is more accurate in-between modes and CG models.

The Arcadia's legs are one of its best features in battroid compared with the Bandai mold, but one of its biggest detriments for fighter mode, because the collapsing mechanism leaves you with massive gaps around the knees when they're extended for the fighter.

The intake designs are also vastly different, with Arcadia's looking closer to the older Yamato VF-19 molds, and looking much more like the battroid lineart, while the Bandai ones are much closer to the old Yamato design, though a bit more angular.

Overall, the Arcadia is just what you get adapting the Yamato VF-19 mold, with all of the benefits and drawbacks.  The Bandai version looks more to me like they based the proportions on something like the Hasegawa fighter kits, which are much more streamlined, and it definitely gives you a more lanky battroid, much closer to the style of Frontier.

In my case, I'm a complete sucker for all YF/VF-19 variants, so I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried, and have multiples of both molds.  Best of both worlds, you know. ^_^ 

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I now cannot unsee the DX looking like it has a beak in this pic

YF-19-Arcadia-18.jpg

Maybe because I have Gigan SHMA reissue on my mind?

Man I'm a Godzilla fan and I love the look of the SHMA line.  My wallet can only take so much pain though LOL.  Now I can't unsee the beak!  I like the sleeker look of the DX though.  Just personal preference.  I think they both have their good attributes.

1 minute ago, Special Sauce said:

Man I'm a Godzilla fan and I love the look of the SHMA line.  My wallet can only take so much pain though LOL.  Now I can't unsee the beak!  I like the sleeker look of the DX though.  Just personal preference.  I think they both have their good attributes.

Haha yeah I passed on Gigan before even when it was on clearance because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go down that path. Well, I went there and now it's double the price that I could have got it for back then but it now comes with more stuff and I'm actually happy about waiting and getting it now. Not so much about paying more but that went through the window a while ago when I started buying $200+ Valks like candy.

As for the comparison, I'm with you and @Chronocidal...I have both and like it that way!:crazy:

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha yeah I passed on Gigan before even when it was on clearance because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go down that path. Well, I went there and now it's double the price that I could have got it for back then but it now comes with more stuff and I'm actually happy about waiting and getting it now. Not so much about paying more but that went through the window a while ago when I started buying $200+ Valks like candy.

As for the comparison, I'm with you and @Chronocidal...I have both and like it that way!:crazy:

We really are in a golden age of toy collecting.  So many great options.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:01 AM, no3Ljm said:

To be honest, I really don't think there's proper accuracy in-between toys against its linearts. Here's some pics from @jenius' Anymoon website:

Bandai-DX-YF-19-47.jpg

YF-19-Arcadia-18.jpg

Bandai-DX-YF-19-37.jpg

Battroid lineart would not transform to look like its Fighter counterpart lineart. Valks on the other hand from Frontier onwards is more accurate in-between modes and CG models.

Looking at these pix, to me, Arcadia is the king!