Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Nah, never watched the super robot shows as a kid, so no nostalgia value, and not a big fan of the aesthetic.

I've been waiting for an excuse to get another SV-51 though, and I already had the 2 kits and the MetalBuild on order. Just cancelled and re-ordered to get the discount on em. Also apparently the MG Barbatos just came back into stock.

Plus I'm getting the Hachette sub through HLJ, so there's always something I'll be paying to ship anyway.

now you got me tempted on the SV-51 too. <_<

24 minutes ago, F360 said:

now you got me tempted on the SV-51 too. <_<

Well, HLJ is pretty much the only place they're available where they claim that their stock has been checked as good by Arcadia. Plus if there is a problem, hopefully they still have some fix kits available.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

They do, but do you know if this would be too expensive an item for them to send that way?

I don't know other then my PF 0D, PF SDF-1 and a bunch of other items that cost around the same or more have all been shipped by ferry.

So, I don't think that one has the pay later option, unfortunately, but I at least put one in my cart.. we'll see if they let me keep the order until release. 

That's really the only reason I put in an order at HLJ.  If I see a better order around the time of release, I'll probably cancel that one before it's due to be paid.  I just don't want to be dumping that kind of cash right at this particular moment.  If someone still has them available after tax time, I might switch.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

HLJ has ferry shipping now too...

Yes but the point is that HLJ's base price for the YF-19 PF is almost a full 10k above its list price, so ordering via proxy and going ferry will easily be cheaper.

AE has a good price but how's their shipping? Some peeps had difficulties getting their stuff shipped during the pandemic.

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Ah, fair, I thought it would be over the limit, but maybe the ferry has a wider range than SAL.

I’m unaware of any limit and if anything, it makes more sense to send larger/more expensive items through Ferry than SAL because very small packages end up more expensive through ferry. I’ve had huge boxes filled with multiple Valks and other expensive items, no problem. They do have a limit on insurance but insurance has never concerned me. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yes but the point is that HLJ's base price for the YF-19 PF is almost a full 10k above its list price, so ordering via proxy and going ferry will easily be cheaper.

AE has a good price but how's their shipping? Some peeps had difficulties getting their stuff shipped during the pandemic.

Gotcha. I was merely pointing out HLJ had the option now too. 

This cost quite a big more than Bandai's full set. Any advantage that make this worthwhile? I can't really tell.

I like the marking better. Bandai's is too busy and some of the text have bigger than ideal font size.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

AE started using DHL now.  and their rate is similar to AMIAMIs. 

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I don't think that one has the pay later option, unfortunately, but I at least put one in my cart.. we'll see if they let me keep the order until release. 

That's really the only reason I put in an order at HLJ.  If I see a better order around the time of release, I'll probably cancel that one before it's due to be paid.  I just don't want to be dumping that kind of cash right at this particular moment.  If someone still has them available after tax time, I might switch.

FYI, HLJ may not allow you to cancel an order at your convenience if it's what they call a high ticket item, and that they will ask you for your full commitment. It happened to me when I preordered an item over 50k yen recently. A rep emailed me that my attempt to order this item flagged the system and he explained to me that an order cancellation leads to overstocking which in turn affects their ability to offer us great pricing, blah blah, as well as being grounds for having my account terminated. :shok: It was def weird because I rarely cancel orders with them eh.

Edited by Angesdad

10 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

FYI, HLJ may not allow you to cancel an order at your convenience if it's what they call a high ticket item, and that they will ask you for your full commitment. It happened to me when I preordered an item over 50k yen recently. A rep emailed me that my attempt to order this item flagged the system and he explained to me that an order cancellation leads to overstocking which in turn affects their ability to offer us great pricing, blah blah, as well as being grounds for having my account terminated. :shok: It was def weird because I rarely cancel orders with them eh.

just over 2 years ago, HLJ starting looking into order cancellations . 

I think they base this on how much you spend vs how much you cancel.  So if you purchase a lot from them then you can more than likely cancel more from them before they start flagging you.  But if you haven't spend much from them before and your account shows more cancel (yen amount) then they will email to warn you and then if it continues they will terminate your account. 

12 minutes ago, F360 said:

But if you haven't spend much from them before and... 

Haha seriously, how much is "much" at HLJ, 50k, 100k? 'cause I almost took an offense to that stupid email one of their reps sent. I was like, yo eyeballin' my piece fifty cent?

6 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Haha seriously, how much is "much" at HLJ, 50k, 100k? 'cause I almost took an offense to that stupid email one of their reps sent. I was like, yo eyeballin' my piece fifty cent?

they might have starting adding in the numbers just 2 years ago so anything that your have purchase from them before did not count. .. They did not go in to details.. 

48 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

I think I may have cancelled one or two items with HLJ in the past, but it's a very rare occurrence.  You do have a point though, since this is so far out until release, it might be considered something high risk for them, especially if they need to place orders early.

I'm not really planning on cancelling either way, but I am curious why their markup -is- that high.  I might check with them on that.  Either way, for the moment, my primary goal was to give myself time to save, and spreading out the difference in cost also lessens that blow.  

The regular release is a straight reissue right? We don't have any indication of anything different right?

Edit - I'm afraid to order from AE. If I go with FJ and they want $125 for shipping, at least I can say "Nah, I'll go boat." If I go with AE and they want $125 for shipping... I don't think there's a fallback.

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

The regular release is a straight reissue right? We don't have any indication of anything different right?

Edit - I'm afraid to order from AE. If I go with FJ and they want $125 for shipping, at least I can say "Nah, I'll go boat." If I go with AE and they want $125 for shipping... I don't think there's a fallback.

should be a straight reissue.  AE even still have the packed weight listed at 1850 gr total.    so they can probably give you a good DHL estimate if you email them.

I tried pre-ordering at anime-export but the pay later option doesn't co me up, only the pay now.

Edit: Did some playing around and it seems the web exclusive stuff doesn't allow the pay later. It also seems you pay extra for the pay later option.

Edited by Sandman

On 3/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, HLJ is pretty much the only place they're available where they claim that their stock has been checked as good by Arcadia. Plus if there is a problem, hopefully they still have some fix kits available.

My wallet and creditcards wants to have a talk with you at the Walmart parking lot.  :ph34r:  .   :p

F6F78978-A96E-4759-8C9B-A189666A3F38.thumb.jpeg.d751e332780af257b81ee9344e1ab061.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’ve tried to read through the thread but can’t tell where we’ve found is the best way to order the PF 19.  I just got my bonus from work and have some money burning a hole in my pocket.

Cheapest is probably direct from Arcadia through a proxy, or Anime Export.

if you took advantage of the HLJ offer a while ago for a 20% off coupon they’re also an option, but otherwise they’re up charging too much.

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Cheapest is probably direct from Arcadia through a proxy, or Anime Export.

if you took advantage of the HLJ offer a while ago for a 20% off coupon they’re also an option, but otherwise they’re up charging too much.

I must have missed that coupon discussion.