Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

Looking good. Already have the Yamato but I would be seriously tempted by this if they improved the rigidity of the wing rotation mechanism.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The Arcadia YF-19 is a completely new mold compared to the Yamato YF-19, just like the Arcadia VF-0.

Umm, you sure about this? Seems unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Raptor One said:

Looking good. Already have the Yamato but I would be seriously tempted by this if they improved the rigidity of the wing rotation mechanism.

Umm, you sure about this? Seems unlikely. 

Yes, it probably also have issue on the wings but Arcadia is indeed a new mold than Yamato's.

Check @jenius' review on his Scorched Earth site. Here's some sample photos from his site:

YF-19-Arcadia-29.jpg

YF-19-Arcadia-21.jpg

YF-19-Arcadia-27.jpg

I know that the two molds are different. I guess my question is, did Arcadia fix certain issues like the wings being floppy or is this just a re-issue of the same. I see that the re-issue has a blue tint on the canopy and the gun color is beige vs grey. 

I can find the same one from the first release for half the price on Mandarake. Not worth it to buy the re-issue for some color changes. 

Arcadia's been using the same marketing photos from their initial release up to the 2021 reissue that has the tan colored Gunpod whereas the Premium version photos has the dark grey Gunpod that actually did came from their first release back in 2014.

2014 link: http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=126

2016 reissue link: http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=233

2021 reissue link: http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=309

2021 Premium link: http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=311

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask....

Warning...this question has probably been answered many times over the years, but I'm gonna ask it again...

Anyone ever rig the light up fold booster from the old Yamato release to fit on the Bandai version?  I love the detail on the Bandai version, but I also think it would be cool to see the light sequence from the Yamato on the Bandai DX.

HLJ has the premium VF-4, and I'm not terribly desperate to have one of these, so I think I'm just going to hold out to see if they sell them, so I don't have to pay ahead.

I'm also not all that enthused about the fact that I'll want to mod it out of the box anyhow, which is part of why I'd rather they just print the decals, and not panel line it.  But such is one-upmanship.. can't just print the accurate markings, gotta give it that extra pizazz to nudge it above Bandai's tampo job (which, let's be honest, not splattering it with all the extra crap Bandai added would have been plenty of a selling point for me <_<).

Edited by Chronocidal

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I am quite content with Bandai's take on YF-19 but man, the fighter and the battroid mode on Arcadia is something else. Sharper yet beefier...much closer to the original illustration as well. Very tempting for sure but the PF price is also something else.

45 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Here's hoping that the new one has tightened up joints so you can actually pose it in battroid without the ankles giving out.

The issue about this is that, this toys always comes to us with tight joints. But then, after it gets transformed a few times, eventually it will get loose.

What I actually really want with this transforming toys whether it's Arcadia or Bandai is that, we should somehow get something that has easy accessible points rather than prying or cracking the plastic on where to open so we can just fix it without a problem after it gets loose just by playing it.

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

What I actually really want with this transforming toys whether it's Arcadia or Bandai is that, we should somehow get something that has easy accessible points rather than prying or cracking the plastic on where to open so we can just fix it without a problem after it gets loose just by playing it.

I will say that as difficult as the Arcadia may be, it's still MUCH easier to take apart than Bandai's version.  Say what you will about screw covers, but at least Arcadia doesn't jam them between multiple individual layers of plastic all fused together into a superglue sandwich.

20 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I will say that as difficult as the Arcadia may be, it's still MUCH easier to take apart than Bandai's version.  Say what you will about screw covers, but at least Arcadia doesn't jam them between multiple individual layers of plastic all fused together into a superglue sandwich.

True. I remember there was an instance that the VF-0 models have the thigh part glued and the only way to open is prying it apart breaking a peg since it's been glued. Happened to mine when I was fixing it. That has been reported by @ChaoticYeti. And yes, I really don't mind having screw covers as long that it's easy to open or take the toy apart. I think the best example of easy to open is the VF-1's.

56 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The issue about this is that, this toys always comes to us with tight joints. But then, after it gets transformed a few times, eventually it will get loose.

My Arcadia YF-19 did not come (new) with tight ankle joints. They were barely tight enough to stand, until something bumped the shelving. Also only that tight in one single point across their articulation.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My Arcadia YF-19 did not come (new) with tight ankle joints. They were barely tight enough to stand, until something bumped the shelving. Also only that tight in one single point across their articulation.

Haven't played much with my YF-19 but my VF-19 had weak ankle joints too. I took the whole thing apart and reinforced then joint. Now my fire valkyrie has amazing ankles. :drinks:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Haven't played much with my YF-19 but my VF-19 had weak ankle joints too. I took the whole thing apart and reinforced then joint. Now my fire valkyrie has amazing ankles. :drinks:

I've got some Kiki's joint fixer I ought to use.

I've been going back and forth about these two so often in the past month.  I love both designs, but they both drive me a little nuts in one way or another.

Not counting the wing hinge nonsense (since I fixed that myself), I think my biggest annoyance with the Arcadia design is the knee gap in fighter mode.  I think it would have been perfectly fine to extend the lower legs just a little farther forward, even if it did make the legs a bit longer.

I really can't pick, but in fairness, I do have more Bandai YF-19s/VF-19s than I do Arcadia ones.. so I suppose it couldn't hurt to balance that number out. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've been going back and forth about these two so often in the past month.  I love both designs, but they both drive me a little nuts in one way or another.

Not counting the wing hinge nonsense (since I fixed that myself), I think my biggest annoyance with the Arcadia design is the knee gap in fighter mode.  I think it would have been perfectly fine to extend the lower legs just a little farther forward, even if it did make the legs a bit longer.

I really can't pick, but in fairness, I do have more Bandai YF-19s/VF-19s than I do Arcadia ones.. so I suppose it couldn't hurt to balance that number out. :lol: 

Enough blabberin', you know deep in your heart you want one. :rolleyes: So just go and order one already! :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai's is nice and all, but that's the YF-19 I've always wanted!

Same here. I like the bulkiness look of Arcadia's. :wub:

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Enough blabberin', you know deep in your heart you want one. :rolleyes: So just go and order one already! :lol: 

Oh, I'm definitely going to try, but I need to wait until next month to plunk down that chunk of change for it.  :lol:   Or wait for HLJ to list it, so I can wait to pay until release, but either way I need to be patient.

50 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Looking at the execution of the PF VF-4 now I’m sold on a PF 19, but that shipping... I don’t know if FromJapan is a valid option anymore.

Maybe with the HLJ discount coupon I have plus cheaper shipping it might come out a little cheaper even with HLJ's mark-up... maybe... :unsure: