Arcadia YF-19 Re-Issue and new Premium Finish

jvmacross

Current Re-Issue Availability.........

13 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

News of a Premium Finish version........

6 hours ago, enphily said:

looks like there will be PF version too

1 / 60_YF-19 resale" information posting on our HP
It will be up tomorrow due to various reasons.
In addition, reservations for the "Premium Finish version", which will be inked with Markin Tampo as an online only, will also be UP!
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we appreciate your understanding

I'm going to wait and see if any webshops decide to carry the PF version before I make a proxy purchase. I've been burned now by using proxies on two Arcadia website exclusives just to end up paying more than I would have had waited for webshops to carry them. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Was the 1st Arcadia YF-19 (non PF) this expensive? I feel like the price tag went way up on this one.

According to Anymoon, original MSRP is listed at ¥32,800. So pretty much the same price.

I do know it went on discount, and I bought mine marked down a bit (¥22,960).

54 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

According to Anymoon, original MSRP is listed at ¥32,800. So pretty much the same price.

I do know it went on discount, and I bought mine marked down a bit (¥22,960).

Thanks @Sanity is Optional, that explains why I keep seeing it for way less online. While it's way past my budget I am very curious to see what their PF Version will look like. Wonder if Arcadia will go the VF-0D route?

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure if Mr.K is referring to the YF-19's weathering version on his latest tweet:

Google Translate:
"Unfortunately, weathering painting cannot be achieved, but please consider it. Thank you."

So not the "weathered" version.....was sort of hoping it would be.....maybe it was a PITA to have done the VF-0D "weathered" so they are steering away of another one for now.....guess I'll be saving some money on this "PF" release....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Google Translate:
"Unfortunately, weathering painting cannot be achieved, but please consider it. Thank you."

"Please consider it?"  Japanese is a poor language to begin with, but Google is particularly bad at translating it. <_<

It's more like "I'm afraid the weathering wasn't possible.  Thank you for your understanding."

Machine translation may yet become a reality, but for now it's still a pipe dream... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, scand said:

I'm sensing a shelf-warmer. Hopefully the wings will stay in place on this one.

Yeah, that's not happening without a redesign of the mechanism... which technically exists, if you don't mind sacrificing high-speed mode, and doing some disassembly and parts swapping.  I'm not sure if the parts are available right now though, I'm going to have to see if they can still be ordered.

I'm fine with no weathering at least, but my wallet is still going to be jumpy until we know for sure whether a normal PF will happen. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

"Please consider it?"  Japanese is a poor language to begin with, but Google is particularly bad at translating it. <_<

It's more like "I'm afraid the weathering wasn't possible.  Thank you for your understanding."

Machine translation may yet become a reality, but for now it's still a pipe dream... :rolleyes:

And yet....it pretty much assisted any non-Japanese reader understand that there would be no "weathering" version released this time around...seriously, it's not like we are requiring Google to translate some legal document or medical terminology critical to a life or death decision....:rolleyes:

Google Translate keep getting better all the time! :good:

The weathering really only made sense on the 0D anyway.  It literally is supposed to look like it's been exposed to sea spray.  None of the other Valks from any series have that same look.  Panel lining and tampo are fine.

Man, I don't know.  The FromJapan shipping price was ludicrous.  Is there anyplace actually cheaper anymore though?

Edited by Mommar

Might be able to get one through Anime Export, but don't know how their price will be, and not sure if their new options to pay later would apply.  I wouldn't mind waiting until September to pay for this one, if I can. :lol:

It does look like they're going forward with the whole panel lining deal again, but I only now realized just how few panel lines the Arcadia YF-19 even has to fill in, so it doesn't really stick out like it did on the VF-4.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

The weathering really only made sense on the 0D anyway.  It literally is supposed to look like it's been exposed to sea spray.  None of the other Valks from any series have that same look.  Panel lining and tampo are fine.

Man, I don't know.  The FromJapan shipping price was ludicrous.  Is there anyplace actually cheaper anymore though?

When I think of weathering on the YF-19....I think of how it would have looked after brawling with the YF-21.....

The PF price.. is just hard to justify, not only just against Bandai’s, but against their own, normal version that’s been sitting below MSRP for some time now.

Normal release circa 20k yen on secondary market, vs PF at more than double the price...