Fan Edit of Robotech using Macross and Mospeada?

kwanbiis

Hello everyone, thanks for reading. I know that this is forum about "macross", so I hope this is not a bad post.

I grew up watching Robotech. I have some mechas in my home country from when I was a kid, and a DVD collection that my wife bought me, which is also in my home country.

Anyway, I have heard that some Robotech fans took footache from Macroos and Mospeada and used it to create fan editions of Robotech with much better visual (suthern cross has no HD version).

But I have been googling around, and I cannot find anything.

Anybody knows about them? If not links, at least what are the names of them? 

Thank you!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, kwanbiis said:

I have heard that some Robotech fans took footache from Macroos and Mospeada and used it to create fan editions of Robotech with much better visual (suthern cross has no HD version).

I doubt such a thing exists, to be honest.

Even if it did, that'd be pirated media and not something likely to be widely advertised or to stay online for very long due to copyright enforcement.

Usually when Robotech fans are talking about that kind of thing it's them misrepresenting the animation made for the pachinko machine Macross Pachinko Fever as a high-definition remake of Robotech's "Macross Saga"... usually dubbed over with Robotech music instead of the original Macross soundtrack.  Or, more rarely, incorrectly describing the remastered ADV Films DVD releases of the original shows (still in standard definition) as "HD". 

Yes the fan HD remaster of Robotech did happen using the Japanese Blu-rays as the source video, the original stereo TV mixes for the audio and completely remade English Opening and Closing credits using the textless Japanese Opening and Closing. I managed to locate it maybe 4 years ago and it’s amazing to see the original Robotech with all the original Japanese sound effects still intact as opposed to the latest version releases where Harmony Gold replaced all the sound effects with generic ones. 

The only pro to the newest releases is that they are uncut and contain as much of the Japanese Macross footage as possible, but for me the original cut is the best due to the sound effects playing a major part of the nostalgia for me when I watched it on morning TV in the 80’s.

Unfortunately since it is copyrighted material I cannot share how to obtain it. I suggest Google and Reddit as your best for tracking it down. 

7 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Yes the fan HD remaster of Robotech did happen using the Japanese Blu-rays as the source video, the original stereo TV mixes for the audio and completely remade English Opening and Closing credits using the textless Japanese Opening and Closing. I managed to locate it maybe 4 years ago and it’s amazing to see the original Robotech with all the original Japanese sound effects still intact as opposed to the latest version releases where Harmony Gold replaced all the sound effects with generic ones. 

Yes. This may be what @kwanbiis ia talking about. I've seen it too