Amazon's INVINCIBLE

"Official trailer for Season 1 of Amazon's Invincible, which will premiere on the streamer on March 26, 2021. Invincible is an adult animated superhero show that revolves around seventeen-year-old Mark Grayson (Steven Yeun), who's just like every other guy his age — except that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man (J.K. Simmons). But as Mark develops powers of his own, he discovers that his father's legacy may not be as heroic as it seems."

INVINCIBLE (Mark Grayson) is an Image Comics Universe superhero created by writer Robert Kirkman and artist Cory Walker. Invincible first appeared in a preview as part of Tech Jacket #1 (November 2002), illustrated by artist Ryan Ottley, before graduating to his own self-titled regular series in 2003, as the premier title in Image's then-new superhero line.  Invincible is the son of Omni-Man, an extraterrestrial superhero of the Viltrumite race. Invincible inherited his father's superhuman strength and ability to fly and he has sworn to protect the Earth. As a teenager he had trouble adjusting to his newfound powers and coping with the reality of his origins.

Edited by no3Ljm

14 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

What other "superhero" show have I seen with so much blood and gore?  I think it was also on Amazon Prime.....;)

Hehehe. :lol: I don't mind the blood and gore in a superhero show. It's like imagining The Dark Knight or Batman Year One movies with blood. But I don't like too much of blood splatting on the walls, floors, and whatnot. For me that becomes a horror show. :rolleyes:

On 2/20/2021 at 12:37 PM, Big s said:

I’ve been excited for this show for a while now and can’t wait for it. Hopefully it’s a start for a new batch of Image comics characters getting animated. I remember back in the day when we had Wildcats, Savage Dragon and Spawn.

Agree. And Spawn needs to get reanimated as well. ^_^

I know Spawn is in the planning stages for another movie, but I personally would be more excited about a really great animated series. The Max also had a pretty good show back in the day, but I’m not sure that one needs a reboot.

hopefully this will be a start for a new age of comic book adaptations in animated series format. Especially for characters that don’t come from either DC or Marvel. Some of the Valiant characters would make great animated series as well.

12 minutes ago, Big s said:

I know Spawn is in the planning stages for another movie, but I personally would be more excited about a really great animated series. The Max also had a pretty good show back in the day, but I’m not sure that one needs a reboot.

hopefully this will be a start for a new age of comic book adaptations in animated series format. Especially for characters that don’t come from either DC or Marvel. Some of the Valiant characters would make great animated series as well.

Count me in for some stealth espionage Ninjak. ;)

And I mean the 90's Ninjak first series. Not the video game story one when Acclaim bought Valiant. Hehehe. :lol: 

• 1 month later...

I’ve been watching this show and really enjoying it. It has the attitude of a 90’s cartoon like Static Shock with a sprinkle of harsh language and a little touch of the Boys style of brutality for flavor. It’s nothing groundbreaking or anything, but I find it kinda like going back to a simpler time with this style. It’s a lot of old school super hero fun with some super serious stuff going on the side that will more than likely be far more important as the show moves forward. It also brings up the what if the main villain isn’t some crazy super scientist, but someone really close to you.

• 4 weeks later...

That was a pretty wild season finale. That building collapse scene has got to be the stuff of nightmares for any Superman type of hero, then it get a thousand times worse. This kid would definitely need some hardcore counseling after all he went through 

On 5/3/2021 at 8:40 PM, Big s said:

That was a pretty wild season finale. That building collapse scene has got to be the stuff of nightmares for any Superman type of hero, then it get a thousand times worse. This kid would definitely need some hardcore counseling after all he went through 

His “subway punishment” was pretty horrific too.

Chris

Here I am getting frustrated checking last night for a new episode... coz I want MORE! :aggressive:

And the wife wants more of it too. Funny that she doesn't want to watch those DC Animated movies with me but she loves watching this with me every Thurs evening. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

I like this show but it bugs me how Mark and Omni Man’s invulnerability is very subjective.  One scene they fly through mountains or anything really without a scratch.  Same with missiles and alien lasers.  Then Invincible gets his guts caved in by some lion guy with a mace, and later his dad,, and both times they can operate on him with standard surgical tools and put IV’s in his arm?  How does that work?  Is he only invulnerable when he’s awake?  

And why waste 18+ years becoming Earth’s superhero, winning hearts and minds, when you planned to beat the planet into submission anyway?  He could have gotten the job done in a day.   Makes no sense.

I figure the lion guy is pretty strong himself and maybe Invincible didn’t start as invincible as he did after growing a bit more into his powers, but that’s probably just a form of plot armor.

As far as Omni Man, I’ve heard it explAined that earth was under constant threat of attack from outside forces that he constantly had to defeat along with humanities constant inclination to destroy itself. He found the entire mission a constant nuisance just trying to protect the earth so he could eventually take it over. He was also hoping to convince his son to help him, but that all backfired. Not only that, but he actually does seem to have a softness to him and seems to lie about how much he really cares for his son and wife.

Omni man is super strong, but did struggle against his stronger opponents, so that may also explain the difficulty in completely taking over Earth.

I've been taking it (show version) as Mark getting stronger the more damage he takes. In this version he didn't get his powers until taking his first beating, with an apparent level up after each beating. In both versions it's implied that he's not at full strength yet.

I'm also still waiting to find out that Cecil is just giving him Senzu Beans every time he's in the infirmary.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m actually happy they animated it. I dig the look of the show. And honestly I think there are enough live action super hero shows these days. The Boys, Umbrella Academy, all the d+shows. I still haven’t watched that Jupiter thing on Netflix. 

With all that, I was happy to see an animated super hero without having to try and get into my hero academia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Including THE BOYS I had no idea that PRIME could make my favorite comic book hero streaming series. Way better than what is on Disney+ IMHO.

Disney seems to be lacking focus with their franchises these days. They have had some great ideas for shows that have turned out to be just ok overall.Amazon seems to be having a problem with fantasy, but their superhero stuff is excellent 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I'm amazed at how long this season has taken to release considering how much content and story they have to cover for the whole series, they've got a loooooong way to go. 

I’m ok with a wait as long as it’s worth it, but has been a really long time 

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I'm amazed at how long this season has taken to release considering how much content and story they have to cover for the whole series, they've got a loooooong way to go. 

It's probably due to what's still going around globally lately. For me, as long that quality doesn't diminish till the end of the story, I'll wait. ;)