MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

38 minutes ago, Rein+ said:

But isn't this basically a scam? well they did put the full name of the product there.

hope there's no unlucky sobs that actually pre-oreder it.

I'd wager more likely they have no idea about the market, and just picked the Arcadia to base their asking price on because they're both VF-0S.

2 hours ago, Kanzaki said:

Got mine secured with both HLJ and Amiami. Amiami was opened for like 1 min and then the PO closed. 

I tried to PO at Amiami. Was standby in front of the desktop 1 hour before 1pm Tokyo time. The system was having heavy load. Right before 1pm Tokyo time, Amiami website back to normal. I was happy for a moment. At 1pm, I can load the page and add into the cart. Then pooooffffff it said order is closed. It was less than 30 seconds!

28 minutes ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

USA Gundam Store PO's up $164.99

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/macross-zero-hi-metal-r-roy-fokkers-vf-0s-phoenix

Discount code ZAKUAURELIUS10 could work for an extra 10% off

I think USAG may have discontinued ZA's discount. It hasnt been working for the last two+ weeks. 
(it hasn't been working for me at least*)

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

3 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I think USAG may have discontinued ZA's discount. It hasnt been working for the last two+ weeks. 
(it hasn't been working for me at least*)

They also have a new customer one as well that worked

I was waiting for BBTS. A little bit expensive but I want to help support the Macross USA Market. 

Also long over the whole stay up all night for a preorder and still fail to get one game.

Edited by Corrinald

1 minute ago, Corrinald said:

I was waiting for BBTS. A little bit expensive but I want to help support the Macross USA Market. 

Also long over the whole stay up all night for a preorder and still fail to get one game.

Especially after last night with amiami selling out in two seconds.

I ordered 2 from usags and the discount was over $32 I’m glad that was an option 

4 hours ago, vladykins said:

BBTS just opened up PO.  $170 though. Considering I spent $115 at AE, shipping is going to have to be pretty crazy to bring that price into parity. 

Macross Zero Hi-Metal R Roy Fokker's VF-0S Phoenix (bigbadtoystore.com)

All Of This GIFs | Tenor

When I saw the price at BBTS, it made me glad that I secured POs from AE and HLJ. That's pretty steep *and* you'll have to wait 3 months after release to get it. I guess it's the new version of the "old man tax," for those who are done with PO Madness. I'm definitely in that group, but wow.

9 minutes ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

That’s about a dollar cheaper than gundam planet. If the Japanese sites weren’t so crazy, I’d have ordered from them. The sale mark up seems really high for the world wide releases. To get anything close to competing with the Japanese ones you really need a coupon and bonus points. Then again the stupid high price is making less of a stress for a preorder seeing as how hours later none of the American sites have sold out.

Bit of a shame to see the WWM prices for HMR. Unlike previous 2 Chogokins, pricing for this is as if Bandai is getting their stock into Japan first, then posting every box individually by EMS to the toy shops worldwide.

This on top of the HMR base price looking to have jumped quite a bit more than the recent increases in Chogokins. 

Err.. blame HG? :5: 

43 minutes ago, MKT said:

Bit of a shame to see the WWM prices for HMR. Unlike previous 2 Chogokins, pricing for this is as if Bandai is getting their stock into Japan first, then posting every box individually by EMS to the toy shops worldwide.

This on top of the HMR base price looking to have jumped quite a bit more than the recent increases in Chogokins. 

Err.. blame HG? :5: 

The price at some places really didn’t seem any worse than what I expected. $102 for a new mold with what appears to be better engineered and has option parts for the legs as well as a nice little stand.

too bad the states didn’t get closer to that price.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Come on The Chosen Prime put that preorder listing up.

I think that’s the only store left that I would have thought would carry this. Surprised it’s not there. 
you had some points there right?

With shipping prices skyrocketing how they are right now I don't see there being a massive difference between the JP and US sourced unit once they have landed on your porch. Maybe $25-35. Not the worst "old man I don't want to deal with PO night" tax.

I do think that $130-150 on your porch price for a HMR is a little sleep in general. Even paying the "old man tax" on a DX will have you at $280-300. To me a HMR isn't close to half the value of a DX or an Arcadia.

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

With shipping prices skyrocketing how they are right now I don't see there being a massive difference between the JP and US sourced unit once they have landed on your porch. Maybe $25-35. Not the worst "old man I don't want to deal with PO night" tax.

I do think that $130-150 on your porch price for a HMR is a little sleep in general. Even paying the "old man tax" on a DX will have you at $280-300. To me a HMR isn't close to half the value of a DX or an Arcadia.

I mentioned on one of these pages that when I had to ship the regult model kit that was only $20, they were charging almost $60 to ship. That price didn’t even change when I bundled a few items with it.

so at the cheapest price on these being close to $100, adding $60 isn’t so bad. But from the short time since that Regult came out the shipping has gotten cheaper to my understanding. And Bandai definitely bundles their shipments in bulk, so the markup shouldn’t be that big a difference.

as far as the hmr being worth only half an Arcadia is being a bit kind to Arcadia. The hmr vf0 will be a bit shorter and may lack the functional landing gear, but appears to be able to pose better and looks better overall, plus it has the shorter wing option for battroid that makes it more accurate to the anime. And a cool stand

Just checked on the prices for the robot spirits and sh figuarts stuff that went on sale at the same time as the hmr vf0 and those items were only marked up about $10 different from the Japanese sale price. Maybe Bandai had to pay some cash to hg to be able to sell outside of Japan for their Macross stuff 

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I think that’s the only store left that I would have thought would carry this. Surprised it’s not there. 
you had some points there right?

Yeah I want to use my points on it if it gets listed.  It would bring the price down quite a bit.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I agree that the domestic prices are a bit steep for an HMR, even for a convenience fee. But you know the old adage "an item is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it" so if people are willing to pay that price to avoid late night PO rushes, then great for Bandai and US retailers.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I mentioned on one of these pages that when I had to ship the regult model kit that was only $20, they were charging almost $60 to ship. That price didn’t even change when I bundled a few items with it.

so at the cheapest price on these being close to $100, adding $60 isn’t so bad. But from the short time since that Regult came out the shipping has gotten cheaper to my understanding. And Bandai definitely bundles their shipments in bulk, so the markup shouldn’t be that big a difference.

as far as the hmr being worth only half an Arcadia is being a bit kind to Arcadia. The hmr vf0 will be a bit shorter and may lack the functional landing gear, but appears to be able to pose better and looks better overall, plus it has the shorter wing option for battroid that makes it more accurate to the anime. And a cool stand

You're making a lot of assumptions for a toy none of us have yet.

The wings only magically shrink during the few hand drawn scenes in the anime, but the CG wings are pretty consistently sized throughout, as one would expect from a CG model. If that's what "accuracy" means to you, then that's a good option to have.

The tiny wings look a little ridiculous to me, but it does make poseability better.

HMR valks all look like half-finished model kits with so much missing detail.

Edited by Lolicon

29 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The tiny wings look a little ridiculous to me, but it does make poseability better.

They actually retract design wise, just like the old vf-1. And the wings don’t add the articulation forward, the hips actually have a wider stance on the hmr outward 

Entertainment Earth is currently listing the VF-0 for $165. This coupon gets a random Star Wars black figure. It may be a good one or your most hated character. I don’t collect them, but if you use the code in green it should qualify for the promo. It also appears to be one time use, so whoever uses it first will probably invalidate the code. Sorry for the bad picture, hope it at least helps someone. And it if you do end up liking whatever they send you, think of it as like a $20 off since that’s the cost of one of those black series figures

173A7CFE-9FBA-4627-B749-F8EECB41F6B0.jpeg