MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. This is correct.

And it's the basis when I mentioned some couple of posts above that if you bought it from Japan directly and use fast shipping option instead of boat/ferry, then you'll get it within a week when it gets released in Japan. But if you bought directly and you still used boat/ferry, then you'll get it a month or two when it gets released. Now, the difference if ever you went with the boat/ferry route, then it's cheaper to get it directly in Japan rather than get it here in the US. You're going to pay more than the Japan MSRP, not to mention state tax and local shipping.

For those still wondering where to get, how much to save, etc. Here's an example of an item available now to ship from HLJ compared to BBTS which is still in preorder stage.

Riobot Bartley - Y20000

HLJ Shipping Estimates:
- Surface Parcel (4-7 months)  Y2450
- Express Mail Service EMS (2-9 days)  Y3410
- FedEX Priority (2-5 days)  Y3550
- DHL Express (1-3 days)  Y3820

For now let's settle with the expensive shipping method (DHL) to get a total of Y23820. In todays US$ currency exchange that's 186.78.

BBTS breakdown would be $199.99 (item), plus 9.25% (CA tax), with $4 Flat Rate shipping for a total of US$222.49.

Yes, it is practical to get it directly from Japan. You can save more and that's a fact. But if you're in the US, for example, the advantage you will get is that if you receive it with defect, you can easily get in touch with the store and return the item hassle-free. In Japan, it depends on the store where you bought it from. Just always keep in mind, as a rule of thumb, the price difference of getting it from Japan versus getting it here in the US, is within $30-50 range.

Hope that helps for those who are new in the game and still undecided where to get it.

Enjoy and Happy Collecting! :good: 

Great post.

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

Good write up there @no3Ljm.

I think at this point I'm more interested in ordering US just to support having the option, I didn't get the 25, but I do want to get Max's 29. I can live with waiting a bit I think, and the upcharge is not nothing but I think I can eat it for the purpose of being able to get it Domestic.

Thanks @Master Dex. :hi:

I edited and added the 'stress and frustrating' part when ordering from Japan. ;)

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Great post.

Thanks @sqidd. I was currently editing it when you replied. ;) 

Here's the updated one. With all the info regarding 'stress and frustration during preorder nights'. :lol: 

----------------------------

Yup. This is correct. 

And it's the basis when I mentioned some couple of posts above that if you bought it from Japan directly and use fast shipping option instead of boat/ferry, then you'll get it within a week when it gets released in Japan. But if you bought directly and you still used boat/ferry, then you'll get it a month or two when it gets released. Now, the difference if ever you went with the boat/ferry route, then it's cheaper to get it directly in Japan rather than get it here in the US. You're going to pay more than the Japan MSRP, not to mention state tax and local shipping.

For those still wondering where to get, Japan, US, other countries, how much to save, etc? Here's an example of an item available now to ship from HLJ compared to BBTS which is still in preorder stage.

Riobot Bartley - Y20000

HLJ Shipping Estimates:

For now let's settle with the expensive shipping method (DHL) to get a total of Y23820. In todays US$ currency exchange that's 186.78.

BBTS breakdown would be $199.99 (item), plus 9.25% (CA tax), with $4 Flat Rate shipping for a total of US$222.49.

Yes, it is practical to get it directly from Japan. You can save more and that's a fact. However, depends on where you are, me for an example lives in US West Coast, that means I have to stay late during preorder. There are members here who lives in the East Coast, in which they have to be up around 2 or 3 in the morning to try to preorder. And not just that, you have to battle ofcourse with Japanese customers and the other people around the world as well to secure an order directly from Japan stores on the time of the preorder. So imagine waking up around 2 in the morning, not able to order, got server or internet issues, or gets cart jacked during order process, it's frustrating and stressful. Be mindful that this is still depends on the product. So far, Bandai products are the mostly sought after during preorder nights.

If you order it from the US for example, you can order it anytime of the day, in a week or so, as long that the preorder window is still open. The other advantage in getting it stateside is when you receive the item with defect, you can easily get in touch with the store and return the item hassle-free. In Japan, it depends on the store where you bought it from. 

Just always keep in mind, as a rule of thumb, the price difference of getting it from Japan versus getting it here in the US, is within $30-50 range. That's $30-50 difference between stress and peace of mind. ;) 

Hope that helps for those who are new in the game and still undecided where to get it.

Enjoy and Happy Collecting! :good: 

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @sqidd. I was currently editing it when you replied. ;) 

Here's the updated one. With all the info regarding 'stress and frustration during preorder nights'. :lol: 

----------------------------

Yup. This is correct. 

For those still wondering where to get, Japan, US, other countries, how much to save, etc? Here's an example of an item available now to ship from HLJ compared to BBTS which is still in preorder stage.

Riobot Bartley - Y20000

HLJ Shipping Estimates:

Yes, it is practical to get it directly from Japan. You can save more and that's a fact. However, depends on where you are, me for an example lives in US West Coast, that means I have to stay late during preorder. There are members here who lives in the East Coast, in which they have to be up around 2 or 3 in the morning to try to preorder. And not just that, you have to battle ofcourse with Japanese customers and the other people around the world as well to secure an order directly from Japan stores on the time of the preorder. So imagine waking up around 2 in the morning, not able to order, got server or internet issues, or gets cart jacked during order process, it's frustrating and stressful. Be mindful that this is still depends on the product. So far, Bandai products are the mostly sought after during preorder nights.

If you order it from the US for example, you can order it anytime of the day, in a week or so, as long that the preorder window is still open. The other advantage in getting it stateside is when you receive the item with defect, you can easily get in touch with the store and return the item hassle-free. In Japan, it depends on the store where you bought it from. 

Just always keep in mind, as a rule of thumb, the price difference of getting it from Japan versus getting it here in the US, is within $30-50 range. That's $30-50 difference between stress and peace of mind. ;) 

Enjoy and Happy Collecting! :good: 

Amen to that!

I think the only bogey we have now is what does it look like when there is a PO for something really popular? We may not have to be up in the middle of the night smashing F5. But F5 smashing may not go away.

That should be correct @Scyla. This upcoming late Wednesday evening (27th)/early Thursday morning (28) if you can stay up at the weird and wacky hours in which county you are located. If you can make it to that pre-order, then the local listings (of which plastic crack supplier you deal with) will be up a few days later.  

Thank you for using our store AmiAmi. 

Regarding the sales method of the following products, we will inform you that the AmiAmi online shop (mail order main store amiami.jp) will be pre-ordered by lottery. 

Target product: 
BANDAI SPIRITS 
"DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Max Jenius Genus Machine) Full Set Pack" 

Application period: April 28, 2022 (Thursday) 16: 00-May 2, 2022 (Monday) 13:59 

Application-only page URL: 
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCZqCV5vO3XumVDMnzmpq5LH7V09VHg3PwZMVFJKOdnnOZ5w/viewform?usp=sf_link
* Please be careful about fake sites. Please confirm that it is the above URL before applying. 
* To apply, you will need the "ID email address" registered in the AmiAmi online shop (mail order main store amiami.jp)

10 minutes ago, F360 said:

Thank you for using our store AmiAmi. 

Regarding the sales method of the following products, we will inform you that the AmiAmi online shop (mail order main store amiami.jp) will be pre-ordered by lottery. 

Target product: 
BANDAI SPIRITS 
"DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Max Jenius Genus Machine) Full Set Pack" 

Application period: April 28, 2022 (Thursday) 16: 00-May 2, 2022 (Monday) 13:59 

Application-only page URL: 
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCZqCV5vO3XumVDMnzmpq5LH7V09VHg3PwZMVFJKOdnnOZ5w/viewform?usp=sf_link
* Please be careful about fake sites. Please confirm that it is the above URL before applying. 
* To apply, you will need the "ID email address" registered in the AmiAmi online shop (mail order main store amiami.jp)

What The Hell We Gon Do Now Ms Juicy GIF - What The Hell We Gon Do Now Ms  Juicy Miss Juicy - Discover & Share GIFs