MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Just now, Anasazi37 said:

I'm guessing that it's some kind of proxy-based extension for Chrome that routes the browser's traffic through a server in Japan. Another option is VPN software that does the rerouting for your entire internet connection. If one were to have either capability on hand, one might see something like this for the item in question:

image.png.b231985692e7b280cf446856cc29b47f.png

😇

20 hours ago, General Rasp said:

What extension are you using? 

15 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm guessing that it's some kind of proxy-based extension for Chrome that routes the browser's traffic through a server in Japan. Another option is VPN software that does the rerouting for your entire internet connection. If one were to have either capability on hand, one might see something like this for the item in question:

Nope, just an extension that modifies the header (ModHeader) to report I'm coming from a Japanese IP. No proxy required.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

To get a P-Bandai Japan account you need a Japanese phone number which has not previously been used.

Had to buy through a proxy service.

You also need a Japanese bank account, credit card, and mailing address. Maybe some other things I'm not recalling, too. To my knowledge, no one living outside of Japan has successfully ordered a TWE item from P-Bandai since they put all of these administrative checks in place. When Bandai says "domestic only," they apparently mean it. VPN or header modding will at least let you look at the full product page, which is nice.

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - UPCOMING/CURRENT POs: VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo) Revival Ver....PO JANUARY 12, 2023..........POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

So, I'm a total newb. Started collecting HM-R line during the pandemic. Caught up on stuff on second hand sites. For the reissue for the Armored VF1J, the front page says preorders start on Jan 12 - but I don't know what sites I go to on that date? Or is there a reliable proxy service that handles preorders? Any info is appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

So, I'm a total newb. Started collecting HM-R line during the pandemic. Caught up on stuff on second hand sites. For the reissue for the Armored VF1J, the front page says preorders start on Jan 12 - but I don't know what sites I go to on that date? Or is there a reliable proxy service that handles preorders? Any info is appreciated! 

Once we get closer to the PO date....members will usually start posting links to sites that have the item available for PO.....as this is a "Japan Only" release.....there will most likely be a "PO Madness Day/Night"...so depending on what part of the world you are at, you can either place your PO from a site that usually posts the PO early (at a mark-up)...or stay up so you can have a chance to place a PO from one of the several Japanese online retailers that usually make these Macross releases available on PO Day in Japan (usually 4PM JST)....good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Luna Park question - I've seen several people remark about how their shipping leaves much to be desired. If I don't want to go through PO Night Madness and don't care about the condition the box arrives in, is Luna Park a safe option to pre-order an item? Or do they have other reasons for their reputation such as taking people's money?

5 hours ago, Stranger said:

Luna Park question - I've seen several people remark about how their shipping leaves much to be desired. If I don't want to go through PO Night Madness and don't care about the condition the box arrives in, is Luna Park a safe option to pre-order an item? Or do they have other reasons for their reputation such as taking people's money?

Might definitely be O/T because the responses to the question. In short try to avoid Luna Park Store. My one experience and only experience (after reading many other bad exp...), after a week plus of the preordered item being in stock (they already marked up the price from PO listing) I had to actually email them to get them to start the package prep/shipping of my PreOrder. AND yes their shipping is much to be desired. No padding, nothing... probably one of the thinnest cardboard boxes that sized exactly the shape of the item box which was wrapped in a DHL bag. It arrived smushed, but the item luckily was not damaged. They charge more for shipping by weight and mark the weight down when it actually shipped so they paid way less. IIRC the difference was in the range of 15$, for that amount they could've at least thrown a lining of thin bubblewrap around it, but nope.

TLDR: AVOID. Theyre near Nippon Yasan 2.0, lol. Don't buy into their premium account bs either. If a business was good it wouldn't stoop to such practices off the bat.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

5 hours ago, borgified said:

For those that missed out the first version that was released over 4/5 years ago or was a toddler back then and didn't know about this stuff.  

it hit home so hard. 4/5 year ago i'm still doesn't know how to buy things from oversea.

8 hours ago, borgified said:

It's the HMR 1J+GBP Revival (TV version) @wm cheng. For those that missed out the first version that was released over 4/5 years ago or was a toddler back then and didn't know about this stuff.  

Ah, thanks @borgified!  Kind of quiet lately and busy with Holiday cleanup I hadn't kept track.  I'm glad to let this one go by.  Good luck everyone tonight.