MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

So I take it that P-Bandai/Tamashii US might get the listing but usually later on, but its usually higher price than the straight Yen to US translation?  Which would negate any shipping costs savings to NA?  For Canadians, we get dinged customs & duties & brokerage fees regardless if its from US or Japan.

So is the general consensus is to still order it directly from Japan whenever possible (especially if you're not US and don't have to deal with currency conversion to US then to Canadian/or your country)?  The shipping costs would still be cheaper than waiting for the Tamashii US listing and only use that as a last resort if you can't secure a pre-order from Japan?

Hmm, its 8:11p (10:11a JST) and only Big in Japan still has it up for pre-order?  I guess this isn't the madness I was afraid of with the actual Valkyries and its safe to wait a little bit?

11 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

So I take it that P-Bandai/Tamashii US might get the listing but usually later on, but its usually higher price than the straight Yen to US translation?  Which would negate any shipping costs savings to NA?  For Canadians, we get dinged customs & duties & brokerage fees regardless if its from US or Japan.

So is the general consensus is to still order it directly from Japan whenever possible (especially if you're not US and don't have to deal with currency conversion to US then to Canadian/or your country)?  The shipping costs would still be cheaper than waiting for the Tamashii US listing and only use that as a last resort if you can't secure a pre-order from Japan?

Hmm, its 8:11p (10:11a JST) and only Big in Japan still has it up for pre-order?  I guess this isn't the madness I was afraid of with the actual Valkyries and its safe to wait a little bit?

I'm not sure if P-Bandai US will carry anything from Macross Delta. I haven't seen any Macross related stuff coming out from P-Bandai US. So at this point I wouldn't count on it. So better get it directly from Japan for now.

As for PO time, usually the other listings will pop up sometime around 4pm Japan time or beforehand.

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure if P-Bandai US will carry anything from Macross Delta. I haven't seen any Macross related stuff coming out from P-Bandai US. So at this point I wouldn't count on it. So better get it directly from Japan for now.

As for PO time, usually the other listings will pop up sometime around 4pm Japan time or beforehand.

Thanks @no3Ljm - I thought it was strange that they said 10am instead of the usual 4pm.  Oh well, no sleep for us in EST I guess.

15 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Thanks @no3Ljm - I thought it was strange that they said 10am instead of the usual 4pm.  Oh well, no sleep for us in EST I guess.

You're welcome sir! :hi:

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Even web exclusives are subject to PO madness these days, albeit not as intense.

This is true. I'm out tonight so I'll try to see if I can nab one set tomorrow. If not, no biggie. ;) 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Even web exclusives are subject to PO madness these days, albeit not as intense.

Ghost Set was available for PO at 1000 JST and the proxy service I use sent me a fully-paid receipt for my order at 1001 JST. I love how efficient they are. :good: 

10 minutes ago, betocc said:

Url of product for proxy? 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000181923/

DX超合金 VF-31AX カイロスプラス(ハヤテ・インメルマン機)対応 スーパーゴーストセット

Had to set up an extension so P-Bandai.jp would think I was in Japan.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Argh!  Just ordered it from NinNinGames for a tiny bit less - still available.  EMS shipping is more than FedEX/DHL at 3,900Y to Canada - 600Y more than FedEX/DHL but there's the good chance its gets through without Customs/duties/brokerage which easily adds another $30-40cdn

Now to get some sleep, Good Night all.

Edited by wm cheng

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - UPCOMING/CURRENT POs: VF-31AX Kairos Plus (Hayate Immerman Machine) Compatible Super Ghost Set Tamashii Web Product...PO OCTOBER 18...........POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE
15 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I think I got the last one at AE. It was weird though because just adding it to my cart made it show up as "Not in Stock" immediately afterwards, even though I hadn't completed the checkout process yet. I guess it's their way to prevent cart snatching. 

Actually, it’s not the last one. Their system only does that on items that you can preorder the maximum quantity. The maximum that you can preorder on the current DX Super Ghost is 1. Which is still available to others to preorder at AE. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

I think I got the last one at AE. It was weird though because just adding it to my cart made it show up as "Not in Stock" immediately afterwards, even though I hadn't completed the checkout process yet. I guess it's their way to prevent cart snatching. 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, it’s not the last one. Their system only does that on items that you can preorder the maximum quantity. The maximum that you can preorder on the current DX Super Ghost is 1. Which is still available to others to preorder at AE. ;) 

That feature of AE gets me almost every time. I think, "wow, I just snagged the last one!" and then as soon as I log out, the item shows up as in stock. I wish their system, and the ones for HLJ and other sites, were smart enough to prevent cart jacking. 

1 minute ago, lykiat said:

Is it just me or has the price for EMS shipping gone up a lot compared to last year. About to order the ghost set but then shipping alone seems a lot with EMS

Yes, it has. They increased rates several times over the past year, with the biggest increase happening a few months ago. It's rarely cheaper than FedEx, UPS, and DHL these days. Also a lot slower. Regularly takes 1-2 weeks because of limited space on flights and slow processing by customs.

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yes, it has. They increased rates several times over the past year, with the biggest increase happening a few months ago. It's rarely cheaper than FedEx, UPS, and DHL these days. Also a lot slower. Regularly takes 1-2 weeks because of limited space on flights and slow processing by customs.

Thanks, I thought I was getting crazy. Went with a cheaper option instead and will see how it goes :)

Yes I noticed the EMS being the same or slightly more expensive than FedEx or DHL - however I usually get EMS directly delivered to my door without customs, duties and brokerage charges and I ALWAYS get dinged with FedEx or DHL which can add another $40-60cdn on top of shipping alone!

Just now, wm cheng said:

Yes I noticed the EMS being the same or slightly more expensive than FedEx or DHL - however I usually get EMS directly delivered to my door without customs, duties and brokerage charges and I ALWAYS get dinged with FedEx or DHL which can add another $40-60cdn on top of shipping alone!

Plus if you do get the rare random customs charge, Canada Post only charges a $10 handling fee which is cheaper than the $17 plus that DHL charges.

45 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

44 minutes ago, RocketGTR said:

Plus if you do get the rare random customs charge, Canada Post only charges a $10 handling fee which is cheaper than the $17 plus that DHL charges.

Good point. The customs folks up north like to take a bite out of your wallet when you use a courier service.

On 11/18/2022 at 12:21 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000181923/

DX超合金 VF-31AX カイロスプラス(ハヤテ・インメルマン機)対応 スーパーゴーストセット

Had to set up an extension so P-Bandai.jp would think I was in Japan.

What extension are you using? 

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

What extension are you using? 

I'm guessing that it's some kind of proxy-based extension for Chrome that routes the browser's traffic through a server in Japan. Another option is VPN software that does the rerouting for your entire internet connection. If one were to have either capability on hand, one might see something like this for the item in question:

image.png.b231985692e7b280cf446856cc29b47f.png