MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Biginjapan is pretty reliable on selling only what they can get and they normally ship them out pretty fast once they received them.   They had no issue or delay with the infamous Vf-31a.

But their pricing is normally higher.   They also offer a forwarding service and an proxy service for times when other proxy used all their allocation.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, sh9000 said:

Preordered 1 set of VF-31AX Hayate Armored Parts and will combine shipping with previous orders.

Same....couldn't justify a second set especially since I haven't opened any of the previously released heavy armor sets from the previous Delta movie...

Oh, the armor parts sold out already on AE. I was too occupied with work to notice. :(

Oh well, I will try to get one on release day.

It is already a super expensive week. Had to pay for MP Shouki, SV-51 Nora, MB Eva-00 and K3 Rodimus. :lol::unsure:

I really hate color specific Armor and Super parts. I just received my  super parts for my #05 blue 31AX and only have one jet. I wish Bandai would figure out a way to make these parts universal like they did for for the VF-1 1/48. I'd purchase multiples if there was flexibility here to pick and choose which VF I wanted to dress up.

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I really hate color specific Armor and Super parts. I just received my  super parts for my #05 blue 31AX and only have one jet. I wish Bandai would figure out a way to make these parts universal like they did for for the VF-1 1/48. I'd purchase multiples if there was flexibility here to pick and choose which VF I wanted to dress up.

Yeah, making that much sense is contrary to everything Bandai stands for. :p  No way they're going to make generic packs for everyone so long as they can make them exclusive to each valk, and ensure the market scrambles for each and every unique set.

To be fair though.. given the alternative, and what happened with the VF-1 super packs?  I almost prefer it this way, because you don't have to deal with people buying dozens of packs pre-emptively, because of Bandai's supply shenanigans, and their refusal to reissue things.

Edited by Chronocidal

46 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Y'all blaming Bandai... It's not Bandai who designs the valks (though I'm sure they have some input).

I actually thought they had a significant part in designing everything from Frontier onwards, considering they've been the primary sponsor since then.

It's not like custom armors and super packs didn't have some precedent before hand, but I think the only ones we saw before Frontier were the M&M sets.  I think it's something of a minor miracle Bandai actually released swappable emblems for the VF-1 super/strike packs.  Everything from Frontier onwards though has been obnoxiously customized to go with each individual valk they released.

16 hours ago, Grey728 said:

My biggest gripe is that Bandai didn’t make the Super Parts for Chuck‘s VF-31E. <_<

I wonder which US retailers will have those; especially the VF-0S. I know BBTS, EE, and other online ones likely will, but I wonder if we'd see them on shelves of GameStop, comic shops, or, a longshot, maybe some bigger Target stores? (They do get some Gundam stuff these days)

Would be great to see some brick and mortar availability again after nothing but Toynami...and usually just nothing.

I know this thread is supposed to be for current POs up to a certain time frame but a few pages back there were the HMR VF-0S PO links. Further back had the VF-25 WWM PO links. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, wmkjr said:

I know this thread is supposed to be for current POs up to a certain time frame but a few pages back there were the HMR VF-0S PO links. Further back had the VF-25 WWM PO links. 

Was that for me?

I was actually speaking more to brick and mortar availability. Tamashii Nations stuff appears in physical stores, and I wonder with the announcement, if Diamond or other vendors will make the Macross stuff available to physical retailers again like they have with the HG-approved merch over the last few years. Seeing Toynami stock end up in bargain bins as a result would just be icing on the cake.

Truth be told though, since it's out there, I'd like to see the KitzConcept stock on store shelves too, and I haven't seen that happen either. That would still be nice.

Edited by Radioguy

On 7/7/2022 at 4:49 AM, Radioguy said:

I wonder which US retailers will have those; especially the VF-0S. I know BBTS, EE, and other online ones likely will, but I wonder if we'd see them on shelves of GameStop, comic shops, or, a longshot, maybe some bigger Target stores? (They do get some Gundam stuff these days)

Would be great to see some brick and mortar availability again after nothing but Toynami...and usually just nothing.

VF-0S is the 2nd  WWM item VF-0S is the 3rd WWM item besides the VF-25 WWM edition  , it have USA distribution. and preorder already started in the USA at the end of May.    You can see the posting of the store that open up USA preorders on starting page 51

Seeing these at Brick and mortar stores or shops will depend each individual shop.  Do your local Target sell Bandai Figures that are over $150  or $200 each?   If they do then you might see it, if not then you wont see it.  

Edited by F360

5 hours ago, F360 said:

Seeing these at Brick and mortar stores or shops will depend each individual shop. Do your local Target sell Bandai Figures that are over $150  or $200 each?   If they do then you might see it, if not then you wont see it.  

Well, it's more about the distributor, I think. Here in New York City, we've got some big box retailers, some large comic places like Midtown Comics and Forbidden Planet, and little comic shops. I mean, some larger comic shops will deal with Bluefin directly for Tamashii stuff, which I assume will include DX and HMR stuff, but most small places will deal with Diamond after Diamond sources it from Bluefin.

As for Target, yes. The larger stores will sometimes sell spidered (enclosed by loss prevention device) high ticket items upwards of $100-$200, although these days they are more often Hasbro US releases of Takara/Tomy Masterpiece Transformers than anything like Gundam stuff. The question there is whether they already deal with Bluefin, Diamond, etc. as the lower-ticket Gundam stuff they do carry might be via one of Bandai's other distribution channels.

For brick and mortar, the relevant question is whether Bluefin tried or is trying to solicit this new stuff to Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I assume GameStop might be more of a lock as they carried Yamato releases years ago and Toynami stuff since, but their web-sales division has been actively undermining their own retail store division's acquisition of figures stock, and it's affected their Gundam, Transformers, etc. stock in a big way. Buying from them is more like going to BBTS or EE now.

Anyhow, if anyone sees more solid info on shops getting them and not just websites, I'd love to know. To me, that would be a true revival in the US. 🙂

59 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

For the WWM Valks the first is the VF-25 WWM, the second is the YF-29 Max, and the third is the HMR VF-0S.

oops,,  I went back and corrected it now.  yeah. kinda forgot about the YF-29 Max . 

Sorry. Because you stated  "likely will" I thought you didn't get to see the PO links on the 1st post since it's meant for current POs. It will have all PO sites linked and whether they're open or closed. The hard part is after the links are deleted from the 1st post you gotta search for them.

As for distribution, I'd think Bandai Namco Toys and Collectibles USA would focus more on the more popular lines first before trying to establish Macross in brick and mortar stores. Macross is a small blip for Bandai.  We'll see how much of a difference in sales this new WWM releases does.