MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

3 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

I bought all my Roys from Ebay.  Probably going to do the same thing with this one after it is released.  This preorder business is garbage.

I'm kinda with you there @rocketblast I hate Ebay but it's better than dealing with losing sleep for nothing.  I really hope now that the HG/BW deal is done some American retailers can start carrying Macross stuff again.

All my Roys from ebay shipped in a box that was just big enough to fit the valk in.  none got dinged or damaged luckily.

My few Ebay purchases have also gone well.  It's how I got my VF-31S and armor set.  Seller actually dropped the price a good chunk after PM'ing him and he shipped them like they could withstand a nuclear blast. :lol:

Something I have noticed over the past few Bandai pre-orders, are that PO prices have been trickling upwards. And I don't mean the base price by Bandai, but by the online stores themselves. It used to be that on PO day, the prices are usually MSRP less Japan domestic consumption tax, plus some discount (the PO cherry!) on top. So taking this VF-1J + Armor bundle pack as example, it could have been MSRP Yen 33k, less 10% Yen 3k domestic tax, and perhaps another Yen 1k-2k for PO price of below Yen 30k.

PO prices then went up such that it landed somewhere between the no tax & 10% domestic tax zone. Amiami is still maintaining this with the current bundled pack PO , but most other stores are now charging the full fat tax-included MSRP. Only CDJ do not charge this 10% domestic tax, & somewhat unfortunately it has been almost impossible to score a PO anything from CDJ these days.

Anyway, its just an observation..

6 minutes ago, MKT said:

Something I have noticed over the past few Bandai pre-orders, are that PO prices have been trickling upwards. And I don't mean the base price by Bandai, but by the online stores themselves. It used to be that on PO day, the prices are usually MSRP less Japan domestic consumption tax, plus some discount (the PO cherry!) on top. So taking this VF-1J + Armor bundle pack as example, it could have been MSRP Yen 33k, less 10% Yen 3k domestic tax, and perhaps another Yen 1k-2k for PO price of below Yen 30k.

PO prices then went up such that it landed somewhere between the no tax & 10% domestic tax zone. Amiami is still maintaining this with the current bundled pack PO , but most other stores are now charging the full fat tax-included MSRP. Only CDJ do not charge this 10% domestic tax, & somewhat unfortunately it has been almost impossible to score a PO anything from CDJ these days.

Anyway, its just an observation..

Bandai's base price is also higher for this bundle.

33000 - 13200 yen is higher than the MSRP of the naked VF-1J in the first release.

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

I'm kinda with you there @rocketblast I hate Ebay but it's better than dealing with losing sleep for nothing.  I really hope now that the HG/BW deal is done some American retailers can start carrying Macross stuff again.

This only helps us if Bandai increases the number of units made.

14 minutes ago, kkx said:

33000 - 13200 yen is higher than the MSRP of the naked VF-1J in the first release.

Isn't the base price of a DX Y19,800?

15 minutes ago, kkx said:

Yup, the first naked VF-1J has lower MSRP because of the lower domestic tax of 8% then.

8 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Isn't the base price of a DX Y19,800?

I paid after market price for the first DX, missed the PO, so I forget what was the MSRP. Was imagining that people pay something around 17500 yen when they PO. 

6 minutes ago, MKT said:

Yup, the first naked VF-1J has lower MSRP because of the lower domestic tax of 8% then.

I see, 2% extra tax. :( 

Yeah except when you pay them for it only to tell you AFTER you email them asking why you didn't get a order confirmation and they say whoops you didn't get it and then don't refund your money.  It literally takes seconds to issue a refund through Paypal.  It should have been automatic when I brought it to their attention.  Instead I've been waiting for the last 6 hours to issue it back.  I'll probably have to wind up disputing it through Paypal.  First and Last time I order from AE.  I don't know how it's even possible for me to pay for an order after it was out of stock.  None of it seems right.

sorry hear about that - I've had a good experience with then. only time was when I wanted to cancel something which is slightly different. cheers

43 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

This only helps us if Bandai increases the number of units made.

It will because more retailers will be able to sell them.  Increased demand will necessitate more production, which for a larger company like Bandai, is to their advantage.  Companies that large consider it a successful year if they have 2% or better in profit.  The way to do it is sheer number of unit sales in most cases.  I'm not saying they'll do it because I don't know their thinking but it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually gets a little easier to get what we want.  With Macross being open to the entire world now, I would say it would be bad business if Bandai, Arcadia etc. didn't take advantage of this huge new audience that have been starving for products of their favorite, popular franchise.

It will because more retailers will be able to sell them.  Increased demand will necessitate more production, which for a larger company like Bandai, is to their advantage.  Companies that large consider it a successful year if they have 2% or better in profit.  The way to do it is sheer number of unit sales in most cases.  I'm not saying they'll do it because I don't know their thinking but it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually gets a little easier to get what we want.  With Macross being open to the entire world now, I would say it would be bad business if Bandai, Arcadia etc. didn't take advantage of this huge new audience that have been starving for products of their favorite, popular franchise.

I just used Google translate to get through all the hurdles on the premium bandai site to get to the customer feedback page and left them a message. I basically told them that true fans were not getting the toys and scalpers scooping up the toys released them slowly into the market at 2x, 3x MSRP. That's ridiculous. Told them we wanted bandai to make money, not the scalpers. I mentioned strike/ super parts and the 1J heavy armored bundle. I hope they will read my message and do something. If everybody here starts messaging or emailing them, maybe they will get the message and stop doing these silly limited quantity releases while knowing full well that there is still huge demand out there. 

Edited by Nsr250

2 minutes ago, Nsr250 said:

I just used Google translate to get through all the hurdles on the premium bandai site to get to the customer feedback page and left them a message. I basically told them that true fans were not getting the toys and scalpers scooping up the toys released them slowly into the market at 2x, 3x MSRP. That's ridiculous. Told them we wanted bandai to make money, not the scalpers. I mentioned strike/ super parts and the 1J heavy armored bundle. I hope they will read my message and do something. If everybody here starts messaging or emailing them, maybe they will get the message and stop doing these silly limited quality releases while knowing full well that there is still huge demand out there. 

Also, people need to stop buying from the scalpers as well.  The prices will only drop and scalpers will only stop using purchase bots if people won't pay their prices and the toys sit and rot.  It's hard.  They're great toys.  We all want them.  I've just been in this position before with other stuff I've collected over the years, same old story.  

6 minutes ago, drobo said:

Nippon Yassan is up, but at 38480 Yen.

Not sure if things have gotten better with Nippon Yassan, but BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/34516-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo.html

After all the bad things I've heard about them on here, I'll pass.  I already have to deal with Anime Export.

meh. I'll give them a shot.  After all, they haven't done me any harm before.

Famous last words... :D  That's what I said too until they STOLE over $300 from me for Super Parts that I paid for almost 2 years ago but still haven't shipped.

Best of luck to you, sir...

meh. I'll give them a shot.  After all, they haven't done me any harm before.

Just now, dafob said:

Famous last words... :D  That's what I said too until they STOLE over $300 from me for Super Parts that I paid for almost 2 years ago but still haven't shipped.

Best of luck to you, sir...

Your rolling in the dice here @rocketblast

2 minutes ago, Duymon said:

it's best to wait until release. preorders may open up again and/or macrossworlders may unload their extras they may have obtained on impulse. buy local from MW sales boards :D

Seconding this: I would 100% wait until release before ordering with NY. The secondary market markup isn't that much on these if you buy right at release, I've found. Sometimes it's honestly pretty close to retail. There were so many strike parts available on ebay for basically the same price I paid at NY when I was struggling to get them to respond to my e-mails about my strike parts.

52 minutes ago, drobo said:

Nippon Yassan is up, but at 38480 Yen.

Not sure if things have gotten better with Nippon Yassan, but BUY AT OWN RISK!!!

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/34516-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo.html

def buy at your own risk.  until my super pack catastrophe, i've order a valk or 2 from them in the past.  always came through (tho with a good mark up), but now they're sitting on close to a 1g of my money.  with absolute radio silence...  and yet they still keep taking preorders with stock they cannot seem to promise...

Just now, orbitalharvest said:

def buy at your own risk.  until my super pack catastrophe, i've order a valk or 2 from them in the past.  always came through (tho with a good mark up), but now they're sitting on close to a 1g of my money.  with absolute radio silence...  and yet they still keep taking preorders with stock they cannot seem to promise...

yeah I just read on a bunch of sites that they don't ship anything.. so I guess I'll have to contact paypal then.. this valk preorder is impossible.