MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

45 minutes ago, borgified said:

I think Bogue's Bavarian 31ax is up for pre-orders as TWE if anyone is interested.  You know where to get it right guys? 

Some of the links posted on Page 43 are now sold out. BigInJapan and LunaPark are still accepting orders for it.

40 minutes ago, borgified said:

I usually don’t remember these things @no3Ljm, as there’s already too many things going on with the other stuff that I do collect. You know how it is right and it’s all a blur when you zone out on one specific item. 

I agree. :good: Sometimes what I do is just ignore the other stuff so I don't start panicking. I hate it when I start panic-preordering. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just putting here the first store that's accepting YF-29 Max preorder.

Luna Park for Y28800.

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-maximilian-jenius-full-set-pack-japan-ver

Ok so 3,500 yen over MSRP. I believe the usual suspects such as HLJ and AmiAmi will carry this, correct? - Hope it don't sell out in seconds.:rolleyes:

Edited by Angesdad

9 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Ok so 3,500 yen over MSRP. I believe the usual suspects such as HLJ and AmiAmi will carry this, correct? - Hope it don't sell out in seconds.:rolleyes:

It's general release so yes, the other Japanese online stores will have it. Even though it might sell out in seconds, a day or two after it will show up on US stores since it was announced under the WWM banner.

with the VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie WORLDWIDE Anniv at 22000 yen.  and their US price being $220  

I would say this YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Max Jenius Genus machine) US price will most likely be $250 since their yen price is 25,300 yen 

Maybe i'll get this just to pair up with the red one that is pilot by Alto,.. its fine, Im sure he can cosplay as Maria :D

Edited by F360

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Anyone know what the US price will be? Given the plummeting yen I might prefer buying directly from Japan. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking it's $40-50 more than the Japan price. The best example is the VF-25 WWM. Japan MSRP is Y20000 (Y22000 Jpn Tax Included). US stores has it for US$219.99. Plus sales tax. Shipping fee within Continental US depends on the stores. There's free shipping if the order is above US$150. BBTS has a flat rate of $4.

Getting from Japan directly and depends on what shipping method to use. I believe it's somehow cheaper.

Edited by no3Ljm

Us Canuckle heads forked out close to $300 CDN for the MWW 25, so I'm guessing $375 - $425 CDN for the Max Full Set 29. :pardon:

Yep... Like I said before, us Macross collector's North of the 49th get screwed over. 

Edit: Time to toss in the multiple boxes of Durian into the ring to deter the ones that want to get a copy right @no3Ljm:rofl:  With that real pungent fruit scent, no one wants to even try and get a copy.   

Edited by borgified

Correct @F360

Proof - https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/fresh-durian-market

Here are a few snapshots from the link. If anyone can stand the pungent fruit and its weird texture, it does have it's strengths. 

Not to derail the thread anymore, get ready for the DX Max Full Set 29 guys.  

Screenshot 2022-04-25 133916.png

Screenshot 2022-04-25 134017.png

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Us Canuckle heads forked out close to $300 CDN for the MWW 25, so I'm guessing $375 - $425 CDN for the Max Full Set 29. :pardon:

Yep... Like I said before, us Macross collector's North of the 49th get screwed over. 

Edit: Time to toss in the multiple boxes of Durian into the ring to deter the ones that want to get a copy right @no3Ljm:rofl:  With that real pungent fruit scent, no one wants to even try and get a copy.   

I love Durian, it's the best fruit dude!

I'm confused as to how the "Worldwide" releases are working. Is it still best to buy from the sites we've used up until this point (i.e. Ami, AE, HLJ) for WW releases like the upcoming YF-29 Max edition?

What are the worldwide entities that are going to accept pre-orders on these?

Can someone please explain or point me to the correct thread on this?

10 minutes ago, NUNS said:

I'm confused as to how the "Worldwide" releases are working. Is it still best to buy from the sites we've used up until this point (i.e. Ami, AE, HLJ) for WW releases like the upcoming YF-29 Max edition?

For worldwide releases, you have a bigger selection of stores to choose from to preorder the item.  The Japanese sites will carry this (HLJ, Amiami, AE, etc) and some of the main US sites as well (Toy Dojo, Entertainment Earth, The Chosen Prime, TFSource, Amazon, BBTS, etc).

10 minutes ago, NUNS said:

Yes, it's still ok to buy "World Wide" releases from Japanese online stores if it's available there. Why? Because you're going to get it earlier if you're in the US. US stores will probably get it 1 to 2 months after it gets released in Japan. This is true if you're using the fast shipping method. If you're on the slow shipping method, then it's best to preorder it from where you at.

In the US, it's available in BBTS, The Chosen Prime, Entertainment Earth, etc.

Try to re-read this page again to get more idea on how the "World Wide" works and how much you'll pay more if ever if you get it outside Japan.

Hope that helps.

33 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

For worldwide releases, you have a bigger selection of stores to choose from to preorder the item.  The Japanese sites will carry this (HLJ, Amiami, AE, etc) and some of the main US sites as well (Toy Dojo, Entertainment Earth, The Chosen Prime, TFSource, Amazon, BBTS, etc).

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, it's still ok to buy "World Wide" releases from Japanese online stores if it's available there. Why? Because you're going to get it earlier if you're in the US. US stores will probably get it 1 to 2 months after it gets released in Japan. This is true if you're using the fast shipping method. If you're on the slow shipping method, then it's best to preorder it from where you at.

In the US, it's available in BBTS, The Chosen Prime, Entertainment Earth, etc.

Try to re-read this page again to get more idea on how the "World Wide" works and how much you'll pay more if ever if you get it outside Japan.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to you both for this! 🙏

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, it's still ok to buy "World Wide" releases from Japanese online stores if it's available there. Why? Because you're going to get it earlier if you're in the US. US stores will probably get it 1 to 2 months after it gets released in japan

We actually don’t know if this is true n this case.  The first worldwide has not been released yet so we don’t know what the lead times, if any, will be.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

We actually don’t know if this is true n this case.  The first worldwide has not been released yet so we don’t know what the lead times, if any, will be.

Oh yeah. That is true. All of them says May, Japan and the US stores. I only assumed based on the TWE items I received from P-Bandai US. That's mostly 1 to 2 months after it gets released in Japan.

Since everything says the month of May, do you guys think that some of the VF-25 WWM has already been shipped via containers at this point?

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

True.   The first MWW is not out yet.  But base on the patterns of all the Bandai releases that have official US Distribution, Dx Chogokin, Metal Builds, Metal Robot, Robot Damashii. etc.  It will be around 2-3 months difference between Japan release date and USA release date.    Even the US P-Bandai TWE items are around 2-3 month difference compare to their japan release.   

3 hours ago, F360 said:

True.   The first MWW is not out yet.  But base on the patterns of all the Bandai releases that have official US Distribution, Dx Chogokin, Metal Builds, Metal Robot, Robot Damashii. etc.  It will be around 2-3 months difference between Japan release date and USA release date.    Even the US P-Bandai TWE items are around 2-3 month difference compare to their japan release.   

Yup. This is correct.

And it's the basis when I mentioned some couple of posts above that if you bought it from Japan directly and use fast shipping option instead of boat/ferry, then you'll get it within a week when it gets released in Japan. But if you bought directly and you still used boat/ferry, then you'll get it a month or two when it gets released. Now, the difference if ever you went with the boat/ferry route, then it's cheaper to get it directly in Japan rather than get it here in the US. You're going to pay more than the Japan MSRP, not to mention state tax and local shipping.

For those still wondering where to get, Japan, US, other countries, how much to save, etc? Here's an example of an item available now to ship from HLJ compared to BBTS which is still in preorder stage.

Riobot Bartley - Y20000

HLJ Shipping Estimates:
- Surface Parcel (4-7 months)  Y2450
- Express Mail Service EMS (2-9 days)  Y3410
- FedEX Priority (2-5 days)  Y3550
- DHL Express (1-3 days)  Y3820

For now let's settle with the expensive shipping method (DHL) to get a total of Y23820. In todays US$ currency exchange that's 186.78.

BBTS breakdown would be $199.99 (item), plus 9.25% (CA tax), with $4 Flat Rate shipping for a total of US$222.49.

Yes, it is practical to get it directly from Japan. You can save more and that's a fact. However, depends on where you are, me for an example lives in US West Coast, that means I have to stay late during preorder. There are members here who lives in the East Coast, in which they have to be up around 2 or 3 in the morning to try to preorder. And not just that, you have to battle ofcourse with Japanese customers and the other people around the world as well to secure an order directly from Japan stores on the time of the preorder. So imagine waking up around 2 in the morning, not able to order, got server or internet issues, or gets cart jacked during order process, it's frustrating and stressful. Be mindful that this is still depends on the product. So far, Bandai products are the mostly sought after during preorder nights.

If you order it from the US for example, you can order it anytime of the day, in a week or so, as long that the preorder window is still open. The other advantage in getting it stateside is when you receive the item with defect, you can easily get in touch with the store and return the item hassle-free. In Japan, it depends on the store where you bought it from. 

Just always keep in mind, as a rule of thumb, the price difference of getting it from Japan versus getting it here in the US, is within $30-50 range. That's $30-50 difference between stress and peace of mind. ;) 

Hope that helps for those who are new in the game and still undecided where to get it.

Enjoy and Happy Collecting! :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

Good write up there @no3Ljm.

I think at this point I'm more interested in ordering US just to support having the option, I didn't get the 25, but I do want to get Max's 29. I can live with waiting a bit I think, and the upcharge is not nothing but I think I can eat it for the purpose of being able to get it Domestic.