MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

5 hours ago, Rein+ said:

Need to pay upfront, and only 1 per customer.

Otherwise known as the "anti-scalper" maneuver. I've managed to get several items from them since they switched to that policy, which used to be almost impossible. Sucks to fork out the money up front, but it seems to level the playing field a bit. This time around HLJ got their posting up first, which was unusual, so I went with them. Looks like AE still has stock. They're only a few dollars more than what AmiAmi will be charging when the posting goes live later today.

I'm a moron. Totally forgot we changed from summer to winter time late october and just messed the time for the preorder 😆. Came a few minutes past 1 am (Mexico city) to check and they were gone already.

4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I think I just snagged the last one at Anime Export! Now showing OUT OF STOCK. Cool! 

If you are still signed onto their site it will show that it is out of stock when an item has a limit of 1 and you already have a confirmed po

Edited by jvmacross

Still showing in stock for me, I think AE just marks things out of stock for you if you've already reached your purchase limit.

I've really come to appreciate their approach now, since their pre-pay only system seems to have really helped stave off the scalpers.  I've been able to get a lot of items there after other sites get entirely hammered on pre-order night.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Just came in to thank you for the links - placed an order at AE a couple hours ago and am glad I did becuase it's now sold out (even when not logged in).  

I wasn't sure if I wanted a second one (I have the original) but what the hell, new hat and all...🤣

6 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Kinda weird.. It keeps showing 'For Sale Soon' for me even after you posted this, which made me thought they were late in opening the PO. After few more minutes it went straight to 'Pre-orders closed' lol.

Edit: It shows 'For Sale Soon' if I'm logged out, and still do. Only shows its updated status when I'm logged in. What a weird behavior. No matter, already got PO yesterday.

Edited by MKT

3 minutes ago, MKT said:

Kinda weird.. It keeps showing 'For Sale Soon' for me even after you posted this, which made me thought they were late in opening the PO. After few more minutes it went straight to 'Pre-orders closed' lol.

Edit: It shows 'For Sale Soon' if I'm logged out, and still do. Only shows its updated status when I'm logged in. What a weird behavior. No matter, already got PO yesterday.

CDJapan was much the same last night for me.  It went from no listing to a sold out listing in about 2 minutes.  The last few time I tried to PO through them it has been that way for me.  I managed to get one from HLJ.  For whatever reason I seem to have the most "available time" to order stuff with them.

2 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

CDJapan was much the same last night for me.  It went from no listing to a sold out listing in about 2 minutes.  The last few time I tried to PO through them it has been that way for me.  I managed to get one from HLJ.  For whatever reason I seem to have the most "available time" to order stuff with them.

Haha yeah CDJapan is the new Hobby Search. Getting a successful PO there is a unicorn. Haven't been successful there for ages.

18 minutes ago, MKT said:

I think it's showing Closed when logged in because you've already ordered your limit. My guess is that it shows For Sale Soon (before coming back up) because they may be trickling the quantities in a few at a time, to avoid having servers overloaded all at once.