MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Just now, betocc said:

Remeber that it will say Soldout if you already purchased one, this is how AE works. If you logout it will say it is Available.

What I noticed is, even just adding to cart without check out, will make the product page show sold out lol.. 

1 minute ago, thkthk12 said:

Is there a chance for them to reopen at one point? I guess I will have to hope to get one using amiami at this point later today...

HLJ reopen a couple if times during the day sometimes, maybe because cancelations.

Just now, betocc said:

HLJ reopen a couple if times during the day sometimes, maybe because cancelations.

ok thanks... I guess I will sleep for now have to wake up in like few hours for work fml lol good night guys and congratz on the people who go in their PO

2 minutes ago, thkthk12 said:

still can't believe it took 1 min to be soldout on hlj. I was logged out and the time I logged in it was soldout... just have like 2 available for PO

There is still chance of Amiami later on. Plus as its WWM, past experience shows you can very casually PO it in the coming days on US sites.

Just now, Lolicon said:

Yeah with WWM releases you can get it easily from domestic shops. Dealing with PO madness like this for WWM releases is only for the impatient, the cheap, and the masochistic.

I already paid probably over $5k more because I just got into the hobby so would like the chance to get at least one in MSRP. I will gamble my chances with amiami tonight and with the current exchange rate its still way cheaper to buy them internationally.

nin-nin's currency switcher is iffy, sometimes it doesnt stick to the currency you chose and you should always check it before launching the payment platforms. Because that is the currency NNG will charge you.

If its paypal, before you confirm payment there should be an option to choose which card and who converts (paypal or cc).

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I think maybe the WWM releases have ruined things for scalpers so now we actually have a fighting chance... if we're up in the wee hours of the night and know what stores to go to!

Agreed! On HLJ you now get a whole minute to try to secure a PO instead of seeing the item instantly sold out after an F5 page refresh. As I was buying mine at AE (they posted first), I was also refreshing the HLJ page to see how long it took to sell out. It took long enough that I probably could have bought one there, too, but opted to not be greedy and let someone else have it. I did grab the next two Tiny Sessions on HLJ, though.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah with WWM releases you can get it easily from domestic shops. Dealing with PO madness like this for WWM releases is only for the impatient, the cheap, and the masochistic.

...and those of us who are set in our ways! I'm having a hard time letting go of my mistrust of Bandai's international distribution plans and buying from a store in the US. I know that doesn't help with respect to encouraging Bandai to keep doing worldwide releases, but they also shouldn't jack up the per unit price for overseas customers by such a large amount.

AE is sold out now, BTW.

Edited by Anasazi37

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Agreed! On HLJ you now get a whole minute to try to secure a PO instead of seeing the item instantly sold out after an F5 page refresh. As I was buying mine at AE (they posted first), I was also refreshing the HLJ page to see how long it took to sell out. It took long enough that I probably could have bought one there, too, but opted to not be greedy and let someone else have it. I did grab the next two Tiny Sessions on HLJ, though.

...and those of us who are set in our ways! I'm having a hard time letting go of my mistrust of Bandai's international distribution plans and buying from a store in the US. I know that doesn't help with respect to encouraging Bandai to keep doing worldwide releases, but they also shouldn't jack up the per unit price for overseas customers by such a large amount.

AE is sold out now, BTW.

what you mean by two tiny session? They reopened again couple of time last night? Dang ...

Yeah that's what I hated about gunpla in the early 2000s and even now the crazy price difference from importing and buying domestic that its still cheaper to buy them from Japan. Not sure if its the US or Bandai fault.

Edited by thkthk12

Skipped PO madness...but seems Hobby Genki still had some....may have one more if anyone wants it....

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/9166-dx-chogokin-vf-25f-super-messiah-valkyrie-alto-saotome-revival-ver-macross-frontier-4573102649669.html

Pay upfront....$250 USD shipped via DHL

May get one via US retailer if I can get it shipped for the same price or lower

9 hours ago, thkthk12 said:

what you mean by two tiny session? They reopened again couple of time last night? Dang ...

I pre-ordered the two latest Tiny Session releases, that also went live today at 4pm JST, from HLJ:

https://www.hlj.com/tiny-session-vf-31j-siegfried-hayate-immelmann-machine-with-freyja-wion-bans64152

https://www.hlj.com/tiny-session-vf-31f-siegfried-messer-ihlefeld-machine-with-kaname-buccaneer-bans64153

Looks like they are both still available. I figured everyone would be fighting it out for the VF-25 Alto, so I focused on getting that one first (from AE), then circled back to pick up the two Tiny Session releases. I got all three items, across AE and HLJ, over the span of a minute. That's the game these days, unfortunately.

9 hours ago, thkthk12 said:

'Tiny Session' is a new line from Bandai. Basically SD (Super Deformed) Macross Valkyrie figures. For more info, check the link thread link below: