MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Every single WWM item is still available at the Chosen Prime....not sure if this is the same at other US Online retailers who also started offering Macross items....

https://www.thechosenprime.com/Macross-_c_310.html

This can't be a good sign....wonder if we will once again start seeing Macross items go on clearance sales?

The VF-1S with super parts is the only one sold out at BbTS.  Makes sense, most of Macross is unknown here.  The only part that would sell out would be the cross-over part with Robotech.  The Macross Saga still reigns.

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The VF-1S with super parts is the only one sold out at BbTS.  Makes sense, most of Macross is unknown here.  The only part that would sell out would be the cross-over part with Robotech.  The Macross Saga still reigns.

Exactly!

Not sure BW really understood how much they were giving up when they bent the knee to HG on all things SDFM-DYRL outside of Japan...

Kind of surprised BBTS was able to sneak this one in?  It was not part of the WWM releases....did they get HG approval?

Or just testing HGs resolve?

Edited by jvmacross

Looks like BBTS listed the HMR VF-1S but not the next Japanese SDFM release...the HMR GBP-1J....wonder if HG sent them another of their famous cease and desist letters?  Although I do see an Arcadia Tomahawk listing waiting to be clearance fodder...as is the fate of most Destroids...lol

Edited by jvmacross

You know what would be cool? If someone had decided to release the ‘safe’ Macross series on streaming and physical disk. If only someone had put that plan in motion…Let the shows spark interest overseas outside of Japan and our niche fanbase…

Nah, who am I kidding? :p

59 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Looks like BBTS listed the HMR VF-1S but not the next Japanese SDFM release...the HMR GBP-1J....wonder if HG sent them another of their famous cease and desist letters?  Although I do see an Arcadia Tomahawk listing waiting to be clearance fodder...as is the fate of most Destroids...lol

Wow I wasn't aware that they were able to list the HMR VF-1S and the markup was not that much.

7 hours ago, technoblue said:

You know what would be cool? If someone had decided to release the ‘safe’ Macross series on streaming and physical disk. If only someone had put that plan in motion…Let the shows spark interest overseas outside of Japan and our niche fanbase…

Nah, who am I kidding? :p

Exactly. It's been 3/4 of a year since Big West announced four shows were getting US home video releases. Problem one is that these releases are all still MIA. Problem two is that, in 2023, the people who are going to buy your blu-rays are people who have already seen your show. You're not going to get as many new viewers in this day and age with only a home video release, not when everyone is subscribed to one or more streaming services with new shows for them to discover. Nozomi probably wouldn't have liked it, but they should have negotiated a simultaneous streaming release. And even then, there's more inertia marketing needs to overcome with shows that old.

EDIT: Here's a US retailer offering the VF-0D for 30 whole dollars less than BBTS: https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/macross-zero-hi-metal-r-vf-0d-phoenix-shin-kudo-use

EDIT2: Speaking of Nozomi, here's a US retailer offering it for $4 less than that: https://www.rightstufanime.com/VF-0D-Phoenix-Shin-Kudo-Use-Ver-Macross-Zero-Hi-Metal-R-Action-Figure

EDIT3: Here's one for $135 (that's $45 less than BBTS for anyone still counting): https://galactictoys.com/products/pre-order-october-2023-bandai-macross-zero-hi-metal-r-vf-0d-phoenix-shin-kudo-use-action-figure?variant=40318816485457

BBTS has that cheap $4 shipping, which is a lot less than the other stores - but even with that advantage, Galactic Toys is almost $50 less than BBTS.

Edited by MikeRoz

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

BBTS charges tax.

You're right, my bad! It just doesn't show the tax when you order something to pile of loot - which makes sense, because they don't know how much tax to charge until you decide where to ship it. Updated my post.

For me in NYC:

Galactic

• $134.95
  • Shipping $6.99
  • Estimated taxes $12.60
  • $154.54

Right Stuff

• $145.99
  • $14.31 Shipping
  • $12.96 Tax
  • $173.26

USA Gundam

• $149.99
  • Shipping: $9.99
  • Estimated taxes: $13.31
  • $173.29

The Chosen Prime

• $179.99
  • Shipping: Free
  • Taxes $0.00
  • $179.99

TF Source

• $179.99
  • Shipping: FREE
  • Sales Tax: $15.97
  • $195.96

EE

• $179.99
  • Sales Tax $15.97
  • Shipping: $21.54
  • $217.50

Edited by Radioguy

Galactic’s price is hard to beat if one is just shopping around. I like that they have a cool points benefit similar to The Chosen Prime where you can turn points into coupons—useful for Macross items. I wish more stores did that here.

For the 0D up my way, Galactic is asking $150.37 (UPS) or $152.37 (USPS priority) with taxes included and without the coupon benefit. Not bad at all.

The Rightstuf membership discount doesn’t get the price as low as Galactic. I can get the total down to $165.52 with lower shipping and my local tax rate but that’s it. That price is so-so I guess but there are other caveats I forgot to mention in my original message: One needs to be careful about the store’s ‘opt-in’ insurance. That can save $1 to $3 if you don’t want it. Rightstuf also tends to get items last. I experienced this myself with Tenjin’s artbook.

So, yeah, with Rightstuf having new Sony/Crunchyroll management, a few things have changed with regard to their customer service. Just be aware if you use them for these higher priced items…

Edited by technoblue
Clarified some points and added info

6 hours ago, Radioguy said:

For me in NYC:

Galactic

• $134.95
  • Shipping $6.99
  • Estimated taxes $12.60
  • $154.54

Right Stuff

• $145.99
  • $14.31 Shipping
  • $12.96 Tax
  • $173.26

USA Gundam

• $149.99
  • Shipping: $9.99
  • Estimated taxes: $13.31
  • $173.29

The Chosen Prime

• $179.99
  • Shipping: Free
  • Taxes $0.00
  • $179.99

TF Source

• $179.99
  • Shipping: FREE
  • Sales Tax: $15.97
  • $195.96

EE

• $179.99
  • Sales Tax $15.97
  • Shipping: $21.54
  • $217.50

Thanks for doing the detailed analysis....should help out in making informed decisions

FYI: I noticed this message was added to the Galactic Toys VF-0D page:

“Action Figure is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.“

I’m thinking an early run of 0D pre-orders has been sold through. That’s pretty cool to see here.

Yeah the rewards at The Chosen Prime help.  If I were to order the HMR VF-0D from them it would be $130 or less shipped after rewards with no time limit in their pile of loot type system.

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah the rewards at The Chosen Prime help.  If I were to order the HMR VF-0D from them it would be $130 or less shipped after rewards with no time limit in their pile of loot type system.

Ah, because you've made previous purchases accruing that. I was looking now and just see $5 being earned on the 0D for a future purchase if this is a first buy with TCP or if you just have no rewards left.

As for Galactic, how much faith should anyone put in their fulfilling any backorders placed now?

On 3/4/2023 at 8:31 AM, jvmacross said:

Thanks for doing the detailed analysis....should help out in making informed decisions

One more...

eKnight Media

• Subtotal    $133.50
  • Shipping & Handling (United States Postal Service (USPS) - Retail Ground)    $0.00
  • $133.50

https://www.eknightmedia.com/macross-zero-shin-kudo-vf-0d-phoenix-hi-metal-r-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

^ Thanks for posting that.  I wasn't planning on getting one at the prices I had seen up until this, and with the free shipping too, so I took the plunge; plus, given the lead time until the item is released and ready for them to request payment and ship, there will be plenty of time to save up for it.

Edit: Too bad I could not find the Hi Metal R Orguss there as well...

Edited by mechaninac

3 hours ago, Radioguy said:

One more...

eKnight Media

• Subtotal    $133.50
  • Shipping & Handling (United States Postal Service (USPS) - Retail Ground)    $0.00
  • $133.50

https://www.eknightmedia.com/macross-zero-shin-kudo-vf-0d-phoenix-hi-metal-r-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

That's a good find...thanks for posting it!

10 hours ago, Radioguy said:

One more...

eKnight Media

• Subtotal    $133.50
  • $133.50

@Radioguy Thanks for the heads up! Considering this...

Are these guys legit? I've never heard of them.

It wasn't there, that I noticed, when I placed my preorder, and I haven't been charged, yet, any deposit... maybe I got in before its implementation.  Either way, it's less deposit than I've seen elsewhere, and their price + shipping ($0.00) is unbeatable for this release, so it's all good.

Edit:  Well, damn... chimed in too soon.  I just got the $15.00 deposit charged to my PayPal.:fool: ...

Edited by mechaninac

On 3/6/2023 at 7:05 AM, mechaninac said:

It wasn't there, that I noticed, when I placed my preorder, and I haven't been charged, yet, any deposit... maybe I got in before its implementation.  Either way, it's less deposit than I've seen elsewhere, and their price + shipping ($0.00) is unbeatable for this release, so it's all good.

Edit:  Well, damn... chimed in too soon.  I just got the $15.00 deposit charged to my PayPal.:fool: ...

How long did it take for the PayPal charge to pop up?

7 hours ago, ps99041 said:

How long did it take for the PayPal charge to pop up?

I placed my preorder on the 5th and got charged the very next day; must've been a weekend related delay thing.  I'm sure the charge would've been assessed the same day if it had been any week day, instead.  It's all good, and a very miniscule upfront fee to secure what appears to be the absolute best deal around.