MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

$280 US price tag effectively puts the MSRP at a little over 40000 yen.

That's more expensive than the Arcadia SV-51 which is only 36800 yen.

40k for a toy where Bandai absolutely cut corners in its original design and now reissued with their current level of quality control? No thanks.

amen-anchorman.gif

3 hours ago, Rein+ said:

They have the DX VF-1J Armored for a good price! I will give it a try with PayPal, thanks.

VF-25F is sold out.

On 10/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, Lolicon said:

$280 US price tag effectively puts the MSRP at a little over 40000 yen.

That's more expensive than the Arcadia SV-51 which is only 36800 yen.

40k for a toy where Bandai absolutely cut corners in its original design and now reissued with their current level of quality control? No thanks.

The problem is that they know they have a solid fan base and people will buy it no matter what. Look at the horrible QC on the original Frontier line of toys. Bandai just re polished the turd and people are eating it up. They wont change anything until sales begin to drop significantly. 

50 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Kappa is less than $280

It cost me $258.53

Won't they charge tax though?  I know they're in CA and I'm in NY but most places are charging tax for out of state purchases now.  Some don't but I thought someone already mentioned that they do.

Up on Otakumode 

DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VF-25F Super Messiah Valkyrie (Alto Saotome Custom): Revival Ver

new account premium member welcome discount price is $235.50.    Old account with renewal premium member is $250

https://otakumode.com/shop/633fa08288566b001bb6bfce/DX-Chogokin-Macross-Frontier-VF-25F-Super-Messiah-Valkyrie-Alto-Saotome-Custom-Revival-Ver

Yes , payment upfront .

On 10/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, Chunky001 said:

What part of "it cost me $258.53" is un-clear?:unknw:

Try checking out and see what it will charge you.

https://www.kappahobby.com/products/dx-chogokin-vf-25f-super-messiah-valkyrie-alto-saotome-custom-revival-ver

I'm asking wiseass because others have been saying you get charged tax anyways.  A lot of online companies from other states are doing it.  Why would I bother checking myself if others have already done so?  What you're saying is contradicting that, that's why I questioned it.

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. Free shipping. So it looks like they only charge sales tax to CA residents then. Bummer. :unsure:

kappahobby_invoice.jpg.766768b6184660011db3862b2d149fe2.jpg

Sucks for the CA buyers but looks like it saves the rest some $$.  But we're all in the same boat if we buy from a retailer in our home state.

25 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Sucks for the CA buyers but looks like it saves the rest some $$.  But we're all in the same boat if we buy from a retailer in our home state.

Yeah. I mean, it's really nice to buy it from US stores, that way we're covered in case there's problem with the items. But then, if we really want to save a few dollars, getting it directly from Japan stores is still the best way to go.

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. I mean, it's really nice to buy it from US stores, that way we're covered in case there's problem with the items. But then, if we really want to save a few dollars, getting it directly from Japan stores is still the best way to go.

True, it's like what's the lesser of the two headaches LOL

This is SO true now. On the one hand you get up or stay up in the middle of the freakin night in a fleeting attempt to maybe just maybe snag something at a "normal" price in the .02 seconds it shows up on Japan sites, but then pay out the a** to have it shipped OR you wait for 6 months to get the damn toy from an American site and pay a hefty markup. I'm sorry, for this old timer, neither option really floats my boat anymore. I'm pretty much done collecting Macross nowadays. It just plain SUCKS. There I said it.

Wake me up when Yamato rises from the ashes and comes back with a 1/60 VER3 for less than $100 each. :clapping:

On 10/11/2022 at 4:03 PM, no3Ljm said:

At times I agree with you, in that I love saving enough money at the end of the year that I can actually buy a figure with the difference. However, you can argue that should Macross become popular again, the items could be just as cheap sold here as a result. That's part of why I choose to support shops that carry Macross, and ask buyers to order Macross items when they can. I want the shops to survive, and Macross to get more exposure to other customers.

19 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

when can i pre-order macross F TV blu rays? i don't need anymore Alto's but need the show with english sub

I just created a thread as I'm surprised one wasn't made already. EDIT: It doesn't really say if eng subs is included so might just be for Japan.

Edited by wmkjr

• 2 weeks later...