MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes. As long that the promo image has that 'Worldwide Macross' insignia (the one on the top right), it is. :good: 

image.jpeg

I'm glad that Bandai decided against putting WWM on the wing and adding a gigantic, ugly, non-canon squadron logo in multiple places under the guise of "some markings have been added" (statement found on the Google Translate version of the product page).

According to the amiami website:

Dear Customers,

Starting from October 1st, the price for DHL shipping will change. Most regions will see an increase of about 4%.
For North America (United States/Canada) the average increase is approximately 9%. Europe on the other hand will see a slight decrease in shipping costs compared to the previous prices.

We ask for your kind understanding.

How is ordering from US sites on a PO night like this? Should I expect a BBTS link to go live at 3 AM? Do BBTS and other US-based retailers experience huge server issues when the link goes live like the Japanese vendors used to back in the day?

I recently reached out to HLJ to inquire about what the shipping price would be for an MG kit I had on backorder, and the shipping was easily more than the kit itself. So I'm not that opposed to eating a bit of markup to buy domestically, so long as the shipping is reasonable.

If i recall correctly, PO for the US sites didn't start until about 24 to 48 hours after Japan.  You can either try to get the item form your favorite Japanese online shops and take advantage of whatever points you may have or the exchange rate.  Or if you don't want to wait 2 to 3 months for the US sellers to get their stock before shipping it to you.  So far the US sellers don't seem to sell out in less then 3 minutes like the Japanese sites do.  So if you fail to secure one from Japan, you can try again from a US site.

14 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

If i recall correctly, PO for the US sites didn't start until about 24 to 48 hours after Japan.  You can either try to get the item form your favorite Japanese online shops and take advantage of whatever points you may have or the exchange rate.  Or if you don't want to wait 2 to 3 months for the US sellers to get their stock before shipping it to you.  So far the US sellers don't seem to sell out in less then 3 minutes like the Japanese sites do.  So if you fail to secure one from Japan, you can try again from a US site.

will hlj have PO available today or just the tamashi website at 4pm jsp?

On 10/1/2022 at 5:07 AM, Anasazi37 said:

It likely will be since anything that isn't SDFM is fair game, but stores outside of Japan generally don't start taking orders until after PO Madness happens in Japan. About 1-2 weeks later, I think, but that's just a rough guess based on the first few WWM releases. 

Yep, my local prefered store always put the PO 1 week after all the madness (can't risk the bot for the website and potentially unfullfiled order he said).

But its always cheaper to buy from him for WWM series than ordering it from japanese website myself altough i would get it later than anyone else to almost a month late considering that he only used cargo to ship it with everything else lol.

13 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Their page says Oct 4th 11:00 Jpn Time. Not sure if thats 11am or 11pm jpn time. Either way it wont be tonight or the next few hours according to the page.

It's 11 AM Japan time, so that would be October 3 at 9pm if you're in US central time. Amiami's been putting the PO for their English site the following morning for the last PO or two, possible to avoid overloading their servers.

52 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

I’m guessing the preorder time for other sites will remain the same as before.

what time will that be? Sorry I am new to the hobby and want to purchase at least one valk without giving an arm and a leg. I don't see a pre order page for hlj I assume they will have one up closer to the pre order time.

Nope!  Not normally...  Hence "PO Madness".  People will post links as they go up and as they find them.  You best log in to HLJ a few minutes before the launch time and pray for luck.  Any type of payment hick-up can lead to cart-jacking.  Relying on one retailer can be risky.  Best of luck to you!  No joke, these things can sell out in under 3 minutes.

Edited by DewPoint

27 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

Nope!  Not normally...  Hence "PO Madness".  People will post links as they go up and as they find them.  You best log in to HLJ a few minutes before the launch time and pray for luck.  Any type of payment hick-up can lead to cart-jacking.  Relaying on one retailer can be risky.  Best of luck to you!  No joke, these things can sell out in under 3 minutes.

Noooooo lol have to wake up for work but I guess I will stay up for little longer and try to snatch a PO... 

3 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Their page says Oct 4th 11:00 Jpn Time. Not sure if thats 11am or 11pm jpn time. Either way it wont be tonight or the next few hours according to the page.

HiMetalR VF-1S Hikaru was at 9 pm USA central time, it seem it will be the same for this one.