MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Sorry. Because you stated  "likely will" I thought you didn't get to see the PO links on the 1st post since it's meant for current POs. It will have all PO sites linked and whether they're open or closed. The hard part is after the links are deleted from the 1st post you gotta search for them.

As for distribution, I'd think Bandai Namco Toys and Collectibles USA would focus more on the more popular lines first before trying to establish Macross in brick and mortar stores. Macross is a small blip for Bandai.  We'll see how much of a difference in sales this new WWM releases does. 

Macross has been in brick and mortar stores recently. Not so much the Bandai stuff though. And mostly the hobby stuff like hasegawa kits. As far as Bandai, this is a bit of an experiment, but the problem that they are gonna have it’s that they are increasing the prices by far too much. And those toys are going to probably just be sold through collector sites because of that.

17 hours ago, Big s said:

Macross has been in brick and mortar stores recently. Not so much the Bandai stuff though. And mostly the hobby stuff like hasegawa kits. As far as Bandai, this is a bit of an experiment, but the problem that they are gonna have it’s that they are increasing the prices by far too much. And those toys are going to probably just be sold through collector sites because of that.

Which stores are you specifically referring to?

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

Which stores are you specifically referring to?

As I said above mostly the hobby stuff. Near me I’ve seen some of the hasegawa Macross stuff at hobby town. They do get Bandai toys and models as well, just haven’t seen their Macross stuff yet. I say yet hoping things change soon. We used to have a hobby people store that had some interesting stuff before they closed down a couple years ago. 

22 hours ago, Big s said:

As I said above mostly the hobby stuff. Near me I’ve seen some of the hasegawa Macross stuff at hobby town. They do get Bandai toys and models as well, just haven’t seen their Macross stuff yet. I say yet hoping things change soon. We used to have a hobby people store that had some interesting stuff before they closed down a couple years ago. 

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd said earlier that I wasn't sure those are being distributed via the same channel as the HMR/DX figures, but just googled the Bandai hobby-level releases, and looks like it's Bandai Namco as well now.

https://bandai-hobby.net/global/index.html

That bodes well all-around, as I'm sure the better the hobby stuff sells, the more likely BN would solicit the HMR/DX stuff to shops too; even if Hobby Town or other craft-specific stores won't take them. Target has carried Gudam kits, so that door is open. Hell, I may stop into Michael's just to ask if they have them available.

1 minute ago, Radioguy said:

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd said earlier that I wasn't sure those are being distributed via the same channel as the HMR/DX figures, but just googled the Bandai hobby-level releases, and looks like it's Bandai Namco as well now.

https://bandai-hobby.net/global/index.html

That bodes well all-around, as I'm sure the better the hobby stuff sells, the more likely BN would solicit the HMR/DX stuff to shops too; even if Hobby Town or other craft-specific stores won't take them. Target has carried Gudam kits, so that door is open. Hell, I may stop into Michael's just to ask if they have them available.

I think they do have at least a few gundam kits, it’s been a little while though. It would be nice to see a surprise 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Arcadia stand reissue for anyone who missed it or needs more. Wish it was the clear one. 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-142563

Unfortunately its been sold out already.

for the unfortunate that haven't ordered from amiami already here's alternative site or for those who need another 3.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10600388

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - UPCOMING/CURRENT POs: DX 1/48 VF-1A Angelbirds TWE Release Date Jan-2023....POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE
1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

AE's live again.

...and gone again.

A-E usually have a limit on these highly sought after items.  So if you're still logged and put through an order, the site will show it as Sold Out as you've reached your limit, but if you log out, you'll see that it's still orderable.  Not sure if that's what happened for you or not, but just a FYI :) 

12 minutes ago, RocketGTR said:

A-E usually have a limit on these highly sought after items.  So if you're still logged and put through an order, the site will show it as Sold Out as you've reached your limit, but if you log out, you'll see that it's still orderable.  Not sure if that's what happened for you or not, but just a FYI :) 

9 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Just ordered myself, just now. Shows payment accepted and awaiting release.      

Damn...shows sold out now

As it's still orderable for me, this confirms that limit is one and if you're logged in, you'll see sold out. :) 

17 minutes ago, RocketGTR said:

As it's still orderable for me, this confirms that limit is one and if you're logged in, you'll see sold out. :) 

Good catch!!! Didn't even think about that. 

I was not expecting this release. Been away and just trolling chats lately. But I'm happy about it as I was worried about the DX 1/48 line. 

Edited by Alphahorizon

The only way to see the limit on how many you can purchase at AE is to check the quantity drop down menu besides the 'Add to Cart' button. If you only see '1', and ordered it successfully, then it will register on your end as 'Sold Out' afterwards.

41 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

to be fair i dont know much about this. Does this fit Macross Delta Valks or the 1/48s or is this only for Arcadia brand valks?

It's specifically for Arcadia's and old Yamato's. If you want to use it for Bandai's DX line, you have to make 3D adapters to be able to use it.

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's specifically for Arcadia's and old Yamato's. If you want to use it for Bandai's DX line, you have to make 3D adapters to be able to use it.

thank you. I have no 3d printer so I guess I wont be ordering these.

25 minutes ago, betocc said:

Available again.

Yeah, got the same email.

Same question as in another thread: Which, AE, BIG, H-G, etc., is likely to be the most reasonably priced in the end shipping-wise? (Are some known for charging more than others, etc)

34 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Same question as in another thread: Which, AE, BIG, H-G, etc., is likely to be the most reasonably priced in the end shipping-wise? (Are some known for charging more than others, etc)

To be honest, this really varies between stores. You might get the item cheaper than the other stores but they might charge you extra for the shipping after. Some stores probably will charge you more on the item, but charge you less for the shipping. The grand total just might be the same or close to one another in the end.

Don't get me wrong though, same as you, I'm always concern on how much I'm willing to let go. But seeing the current situation globally, I don't think things will become better. I take it as it is as long that I'm able to secure a copy from a reliable store. So if you really really want one and you're happy with it, preorder now, worry the shipping cost later. ;)