MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

9 hours ago, gabuyan said:

I think this can fit on the regular VF-31A/F too?

NO.

Only the leg parts can be used on the VF-31. 

The VF-31AX wing is different and so the wing connection while look the same and using the same mechanism as the old super parts it would be longer to accomodate that new wings.

The cannard (don't know what's it called) or the shoulder flaps armor and the chest armor wont fit as well as it would be larger on VF-31 too. 

Preordered 2 more of the HMR VF-0S at Amazon to make sure that the spare that I'm keeping MISB will have a good condition box.  If the one from AE comes with a damaged box then that will be the one I open.  I'll return the 2 extras back to Amazon.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Preordered 2 more of the HMR VF-0S at Amazon to make sure that the spare that I'm keeping MISB will have a good condition box.  If the one from AE comes with a damaged box then that will be the one I open.  I'll return the 2 extras back to Amazon.

You sure you want to return them, the urge to keep them is going to be big.

I know, i ordered 3 of them.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:18 AM, Rein+ said:

You sure you want to return them, the urge to keep them is going to be big.

I know, i ordered 3 of them.

I think I'm good with just one VF-0S to open and one to keep MISB.  I'll get multiples of troop builders instead.

gallery_21587_791_1216212.jpg

gallery_21587_791_301732.jpeg

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I think I'm good with just one VF-0S to open and one to keep MISB.  I'll get multiples of troop builders instead.

gallery_21587_791_1216212.jpg

gallery_21587_791_301732.jpeg

What is the end game for all of this stuff you buy (there seems to be something every day in the "new to me thread"?

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You might want three in case they do reactive armor separately. 

I might think about it.  Although I only have one Arcadia VF-0S and 1 set of Reactive Armor.  Maybe I'll keep a spare HMR VF-0S to leave one in Battroid mode and another in Gerwalk or Fighter mode.  I have another Amazon gift card coming so I will see.

A new 'series'? Anime series? Toy series?

From Tamashii website: https://tamashii.jp/store/event/robot.html

好評のDX超合金 マクロスシリーズや、HI-METAL R マクロスシリーズを多数展示! さらに、世界に展開する新たなシリーズもお披露目予定です。

Many popular DX Chogokin Macross series and HI-METAL R Macross series are exhibited!  In addition, we are planning to unveil a new series that will be rolled out to the world.

image.jpeg.a845ec452172a20470407d05e7773264.jpeg

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Metal Structure VF-1S Focker with SSP's 1/35 scale:hail:

Pass. Can’t afford Metal Structure. ;) 

34 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Maybe they're going to launch their own version of Nendoroid :p

Nendoroid-style (basically chibi) Macross characters? Hmmm. Probably another pass for me. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Rein+ said:

Afaik, there's gonna be new gundam movie "Mobile Suit Gundam The Witch From Mercury"

How's there a human military base in mercurt idk

Gundam The Witch from Mercury is actually a series, not movie. Also, the text that I copied from the link posted above, if you’re going to check it, is located under the Macross image banner. The Gundam section is just above the Macross section. So it’s probably Macross-related series. Though I’m not sure if it’s actually a new series or just another toy line that features Macross.

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

A new 'series'? Anime series? Toy series?

I hope it isn't a !$#$@% DX yf-21!

Now that would make me angry! 

:5:

Or it could be a new series with a seventh exclamation ..😅 

Edited by seti88

44 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

was sold out at anime export, but back again:

It always show available when you're not login.

But it shows to me as sold out when it login to my account. I don't know whether its really sold out or just to prevent user from buying more than 1.

They just use that as the indicator that you've met your max order limit.  I just logged in, and it showed in stock, ordered one and paid, and it flipped to out of stock for me.

Will say, I think that's the cheapest 20k yen I've seen in a while, came to just over $150 (which I still find hilarious for an armor pack).  That exchange rate is wild lately.

13 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

I'm about to pull the trigger at BIJ. Never bought from them before, they're reliable, correct?

Dunno. But they do allow you to pay with a credit card so you're not locked into Paypal's 6mo time limit. I paid with my card that has no time limit. They either deliver, or I do a chargeback.;)

18 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

I'm about to pull the trigger at BIJ. Never bought from them before, they're reliable, correct?

They are reliable but be aware that they ALWAYS charge again for shipping. The price you're paying up front is only to secure the item. A payment for shipping comes later. 

11 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

They are reliable but be aware that they ALWAYS charge again for shipping. The price you're paying up front is only to secure the item. A payment for shipping comes later. 

They charged me a pretty good amount for shipping. They better not try and get more when it's time to go.

Guess I had better look for a backup.

Edited by sqidd

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They charged me a pretty good amount for shipping. They better not try and get more when it's time to go.

Guess I had better look for a backup.

For an item released that far out, I think a higher shipping charge is almost a guarantee.  No one can predict what costs will be that far in the future.

Spoke with a contractor about some roofing work recently, and they are refusing to make any estimate good for more than a week, because material prices are climbing so fast.  I'd expect shipping estimates to have a similar lifespan right now.

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

For an item released that far out, I think a higher shipping charge is almost a guarantee.  No one can predict what costs will be that far in the future.

Spoke with a contractor about some roofing work recently, and they are refusing to make any estimate good for more than a week, because material prices are climbing so fast.  I'd expect shipping estimates to have a similar lifespan right now.

I agree. I have switched my business over to only doing shipping quotes when a item/kit is ready to ship (some custom kits have a 4-6mo wait time).

Because I ship a lot of stuff all over the world I have seen exactly what is going on with shipping cost increases. They have been dramatic. If they try and charge me what shipping costs have actually increased I have no problem paying. If they use it as an excuse and an opportunity to over charge, I'll cancel my order.

8 hours ago, Angesdad said:

From what I've seen other MW members report over the past year or so, BIJ will charge you a large premium for shipping up front and then ask for more once they have the item in hand. It's why I've never used them and likely never will.