MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Wow that price is trash. So much for getting these collectibles cheaper. It's cheaper to go to the japan sites.

It comes out to about the same, I would just rather support my local store.

Won't post again. 

Edited by rummynose

Hey @Sandman

Put this into perspective. We have to pay CBSA fees on top if the purchase when it comes into Canada from overseas. If you want to, then get it from the States and your still being dinged with CBSA fees anyways. 

We get hosed in everything that comes into North of the 49th. If you don’t want to pay the high price of collecting stuff overseas, then fly overseas and get it yourself if your that desperate. 

23 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hey @Sandman

Put this into perspective. We have to pay CBSA fees on top if the purchase when it comes into Canada from overseas. If you want to, then get it from the States and your still being dinged with CBSA fees anyways. 

We get hosed in everything that comes into North of the 49th. If you don’t want to pay the high price of collecting stuff overseas, then fly overseas and get it yourself if your that desperate. 

I’m well aware the cost of collecting, I’ve been here for over 15 years. I was referring to how much more ethe markup the himetal is in comparison to the early vf25 release. I’m not sure why it was necessary to make a snide comment about me going overseas if I’m that desperate. I’m hardly desperate and the comment doesn’t even make sense. I can comment on the price being trash.

It’s pretty clear that for whatever reason the worldwide release HMR has a much higher markup than other Bandai products, even other Bandai Worldwide Macross products.

The question is why? Did they have to pay HG a license fee because it has the UN Spacey kite? Is it because it’s an unproven line internationally and thus they set the msrp higher to entice stores to carry it?

8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It’s pretty clear that for whatever reason the worldwide release HMR has a much higher markup than other Bandai products, even other Bandai Worldwide Macross products.

The question is why? Did they have to pay HG a license fee because it has the UN Spacey kite? Is it because it’s an unproven line internationally and thus they set the msrp higher to entice stores to carry it?

You know, this is a very astute observation. Unfortunately, the answer is simple - Bandai. 🤣

But seriously, great question

15 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I asked the same thing a page or two ago. It is kinda crazy how much other places are charging in the states. But I would think if a place was worried about the “unproven line” being a thing, then the price ranges would be more drastic. They all seem very similar with very few being a lot less. The majority are close to $170 and if they aren’t then often they have a slightly higher shipping rate that almost offsets that difference. There are very few bigger sites that have lower prices. But the big sites are about the same. I lucked out with discounts on this release, but I might not be so lucky the next time around.

Either way, I’m pretty sure the high pricing is more due to Bandai than the American sites, but why Bandai is setting these so much higher that the Robot Spirits figures that are almost the same size boxes doesn’t really make sense if they’re basing things on shipping since I’m sure they get a bulk discount.

21 hours ago, borgified said:

Sadly the authority would check your belonging if you start bringing multiple copy of the same item and give you a duty fee at best or fine and jailtime if they deemed you as a smuggler.

What surprised me about this release HMR vf-0 is that, usually, we have no problem pre ordering this line from overseas. This time , sold out immediately. This pretty much feels exactly like pre order madness. now instead of paying ridiculous prices to resellers in japan, we have to pay ridiculous prices to national distributors. what's the damn difference? either way, I am tapping out. prices of everything are just stupid, and spending this kind of money on toys is gettign to be stressful rather than fun.

been lurking,  and I am passing on a Pre-Order for this due to its asking price and the reality of I don't really care enough to pay a premium for M0 merch.     If I want one after release I am willing to bet I will be able to find one without much difficulty.       I could be wrong but regardless I can do without this time around if need be.

Preordered my second HMR VF-0S at Amazon.  I had a free $100 Amazon gift card for completing a survey on another site so the HMR VF-0S after tax came out to $75.20 shipped.  Cool.

Edited by sh9000

44 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Preordered my second HMR VF-0S at Amazon.  I had a fee $100 Amazon gift card for completing a survey on another site so the HMR VF-0S after tax came out to $75.20 shipped.  Cool.

Nice, that’s a positive way to look at things. Gotta get those discounts anyway you can

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yep, no way shipping alone can account for the steep markup on the VF-0S when looking at the comparably-sized and weighted Ez-8.

I wonder if the WWM deal has some sort of flat rate minimum markup for US retailers? That would explain why as a percentage the Hi Metal R has more markup than  a DX.

I can think of a lot of reasons why it would be negotiated this way. And a lot why it wouldn't.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yep, no way shipping alone can account for the steep markup on the VF-0S when looking at the comparably-sized and weighted Ez-8.

The Ez8 is "supposed" to go for about $25, similar to others in the line. So it's also been marked up significantly.

5 hours ago, kajnrig said:
8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The Ez8 is "supposed" to go for about $25, similar to others in the line. So it's also been marked up significantly.

The ez8 at bbts was $25 more than the price at hobby search, while at that Amazon price it looks the same as the hobbysearch price. The vf 0 is about the same as the bbts price that’s more than $50 higher than hobbysearch. Not sure why the ez8 has no markup on the amazon site, yet the vf0 has a significantly higher markup 

1 hour ago, gabuyan said:

I think this can fit on the regular VF-31A/F too?

Some parts might be, like the legs, and the arm parts of the armors. However, some parts might have different connectors for the chest, main wings and to the shoulder winglets. Regular VF-31 have smaller shoulder winglets. The winglet parts might fit but it's going to be loose.

Edited by no3Ljm

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the odd cut-out design for the 31AX shoulder canards is specifically so they can still mount the armor.  I haven't tried those.

I did test the booster packs however, and the 31AX is not compatible with the original VF-31 booster design, so the boosters will have some other way of attaching, probably closer to the 31AX packs.

Edited by Chronocidal