MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There is another up on AmazonJP. 37,500Y + 9,000 Standard shipping (not DHL). IDK if that's EMS or ferry.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Chogokin-Dimension-Fortress-Valkyrie-Pre-painted/dp/B093BXKQFF/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bandai+dx&qid=1631656714&s=hobby&sr=1-1

Oh that's the same store 小胖玩具屋. They must have found additional stock and relisted with a 300 yen markup.

Note that the amount includes Japan Tax and will be reduced to around 33000 yen once checking out. Shipping cost is dependent on country though.

Edited by gabuyan

20 minutes ago, gabuyan said:

Oh that's the same store 小胖玩具屋. They must have found additional stock and relisted with a 300 yen markup.

Note that the amount includes Japan Tax and will be reduced to around 33000 yen once checking out. Shipping cost is dependent on country though.

Note: they will also add in your local sales tax if you plan to ship to the USA .  

31 minutes ago, F360 said:

For me that is not a good price .  I would say it should be around 6000-7000 yen .

Depends on how big that box is. EMS and DHL rates go "vertical" after a certain volume. Not much over a standard DX box.

Don't forget that Amiami had a disclaimer (if any of use that got it from here) that this DX VF-1j + GBP set is stinkin' expensive.

*Shipping costs for this item may be very high due to package size or/and weight. " 

If Manda has this up for grabs @F360, the shipping by DHL is not going to possibly be 6k - 7k yen. You might be looking at close to maybe 18k yen to ship it. EMS to where you are (and if it's available) maybe around 14k yen.    

A Dx chogokin 1/48 is around 1380 grams .  
A super parts set is around 680 grams 

so let’s say the GBP armor is just a little less then weight of 2 super part sets .  Say around 1000 grams 

so the weight of the valk + Gbp combo set will mostly be around 2380 grams before packaging materials and shipping box .   Those will be around 700 grams .    So total shipped weight should be around 3080 grams.

Now for the size , base on the photos it looks to be just a bit thinner that the size of 2 Dx chogokin box sandwich together.     

The shipping should be similar to shipping 2 Dx chogokins .

(edited the number number, my brain was not working well in the middle of the night:ph34r:)

of course this will also depends on where you place your preorder.   HLJ , Amiami, Hobbysearch, anime-export do have discount shipping so it should not be too much .

I just shipped out my items from HLJ this week , 1 METAL BUILD ,1  Soul of Chogokin ,1 Riobot Mospedia Lota 

Shipping to USA 

DHL around 7800

FEDEX around 8800

Edited by F360

On 9/16/2021 at 10:34 PM, sqidd said:

Can you elaborate? How did you come to that conclusion?

When other DX Chogokins have been close to their release dates the prices tended to be 25 to 50% markup on the RRP. It seems now, or at least with the 1J GBP the price so close to release date is as close to RRP as it has been for a while. Hence my comment. 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:07 PM, F360 said:

For me that is not a good price .  I would say it should be around 6000-7000 yen .

I contacted the seller on AJ, they said the ¥9,000 shipping is for EMS.

The total with shipping is ¥43,113, is that a good price for it?

Edited by weiser21

13 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

if anyone is looking for the GBP set, Anime-Export seems to have some in stock for a reasonable 16,800Y:

https://www.anime-export.com/index.php?product=53868

Note that this is the Armour Set only, does not include the VF-1J.

Ordered a set a while ago, and it's still in stock.

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It seems like the armor sets aren't quite as popular. Makes sense. Not a lot of people have extra 1J's.

Yeah. I got an extra to paint in Roy's colors in case Bandai had their heads up their arse and doesn't release it. By far my favorite color scheme of the 3 they prototyped. 

11 hours ago, weiser21 said:

If you can find a first release VF-1J and a set of GBP armor parts then have it shipped to you for less than 43,113 JPY...then no

49 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It seems like the armor sets aren't quite as popular. Makes sense. Not a lot of people have extra 1J's.

Wanted one for my 1S Roy. I'm all in for multiple armors 😄

But I guess you are right, it's not the most popular add on. 

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

15 hours ago, weiser21 said:

That is a fair total price for it. 

The release date is September 25, You can also try to see if you can still get it near release date from the  usual Shops like HLJ, AMIAMI, Anime-export, etc. 

Edited by F360

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I smell something fishy.:p

yeah not sure.  a few days ago my armor parts alone asked for 44k in additional shipping.  then last night the combo set turned up, i activated shipping and ae says it's packing now.  they might hit me up for more later.  no gouge surprises me anymore... 😅

Edited by orbitalharvest

50 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

yeah not sure.  a few days ago my armor parts alone asked for 44k in additional shipping.  then last night the combo set turned up, i activated shipping and ae says it's packing now.  they might hit me up for more later.  no gouge surprises me anymore... 😅

so you requested for them to ship it.  , .A-E  will pack it and then you will see a new invoice for the shipping cost.

Base on A-E listed weight , the estimate is

EMS 9400 yen

DHL (probably around 7500 yen ?)

Surface(BOAT) 3450 yen

Edited by F360

43 minutes ago, F360 said:

so you requested for them to ship it.  , .A-E  will pack it and then you will see a new invoice for the shipping cost.

Base on A-E listed weight , the estimate is

EMS 9400 yen

DHL (probably around 7500 yen ?)

Surface(BOAT) 3450 yen

thank you! you are very wise in the ways of obtaining the goodies! 🤖