MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I reached out to @BluefinBrands and got this response:

Not sure that it can be taken as anything more than the rep wasn't aware of any announcements at the time I inquired yesterday. But worth sharing.

Also, re: @Hobby Genki I haven't seen them turn their listing live yet. Neither has Okini Land from what I can tell.

Thanks for sharing that.

Perhaps limited production just means they are not ready to open PO worldwide. If that’s the case, perhaps TWE orders have more of chance, since that doesn’t appear to fall under this limitation.

On other hand, Roy’s VF-1S release seem to have indicated Bandai can do very much increased numbers for normal releases if they want to.

They don't release all of the non-HG metal builds, GFFMCs, or Chogokins in the US. Probably going to be quite a while before any Macross ones make it to the US officially.

I'm just hoping we get access to the Web Exclusives, since a lot of those for Gundam have started to show up on the US website.

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Perhaps there’s some hope, this 31AX may show up for PO outside Japan soon? Just like the recent Mac 7 Basara & Mylene statues..

Totally forgot about another site that wasn’t mentioned here this round: Hobby-Genki. They are sold out, but I am wondering if anyone did get any orders in? Come to think if it, don’t seem to hear anyone PO-ing or receiving stuff from them over the last few PO’s, although the vendor do occasionally come to these boards.

Hobby-Genki delivered my 1Ds with no problem. I also found weird no one mentioned them for this PO. 

6 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

I don't think Big In Japan have put up their pre order yet either? Or have they 

They're not likely to carry it, generally speaking they carry more TWE items than regular releases. Especially for Macross DX Chogokin items.

-b.

<rant>

I hate that this hobby has gotten to the point where all these frick'n shops think it is OK to scalp products.  It seems like only AmiAmi, HLJ and Hobby Search offer this at retail.  The rest of them either cannot get supply directly from Bandai and are reselling items they can secure from Japan only vendors, or they are extra scummy and just marking up prices for extra profit!

</rant>

Back on topic, another scalper (defined as shops that do not sell items at MSRP, as far as I am concerned).  I have never purchased from them before, but they had decent prices on other items previously

yoyakunow: 34,520 yen

https://www.yoyakunow.com/en/robots/3390-dx-chogokin-first-press-limited-edition-vf-31ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immelmann-use-macross-delta.html

44 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i slept through this one too. not sure if i will chase one down. 

Same here; I managed to get POs in at luna and *gasp* NY.  NY was pay later so meh, why not.  I almost ordered 6 at NY just to see if they would fill it hahaha

55 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Perhaps Bandai is trying to figure out how to sell all Macross merch and not just non-SDFM/DYRL products?  In the end, Bandai may just have to give up all hopes of any distribution deal with HG for SDFM/DYRL items outside of Japan...:unknw:

At this point, I don't mind it if that's the only way we can get something in the US for easy purchase. I'm too old to think about the grudge regarding HG. As long that they only put the HG label on the box and not on the figure, then I'm good. :good: 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

At this point, I don't mind it if that's the only way we can get something in the US for easy purchase. I'm too old to think about the grudge regarding HG. As long that they only put the HG label on the box and not on the figure, then I'm good. :good: 

As long as you did not get high hopes when HG/BW "buried" the hatchet...then you just simply keep doing what you've been doing for the last 40 years (almost) when it comes to SDFM/DYRL...stay "young at heart" for late PO Nights for the forseeable future!:drinks:

Okini.land opened their orders $280-ish, but seems like they adjusted their prices a bit above msrp. Similar range to Luna Store Park. DHL ship at $46 to the east coast of US.
https://okini.land/en/26528-dx-chogokin-vf-31ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immelmann-use-bandai-spirits.html

I haven't ordered from OL before but the reviews seem good
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/okini.land?fbclid=IwAR0lUJmRga1rWu-eWgFGf_bHOEQE6f9Vw4Y_YLsvmXhk0o9yYvV_bJxqfdo

EDIT:
Almost 1 hr later either they sold out or closed the orders. The item description has gone back to "You will be notified when the preorder is opened or when the product becomes available."
Not sure if they opened on the MSRP of 23.8k. I saw 29k initially when it was made available.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 7:15 PM, borgified said:

@JSBHSI2021 -  It's 1/60 sized. The 1/48 are the DX VF-1 valks.

Since your still new to the boards, peek into @jenius's blog (Scorched Earth Toys) and his Youtube channel (under the same name) when you have free time to catch up to speed. ;)

I second that, I have recently discovered Macross toys and I binged through all of his videos specially on the DX line. Great comparisons on the various scales in the market plus he goes in detail on this issues with every toy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone looking to grab a DX Armored VF-1 full set, Amazon has a seller selling at more or less retail price now, and offers international shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Chogokin-Dimension-Fortress-Valkyrie-Pre-painted/dp/B093BXKQFF/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&keywords=DX超合金+劇場版VF-1A&qid=1631634897&s=hobby&sr=1-23

Look for this store 小胖玩具屋

image.png.b9e64654cc36211ae13d237b913dee35.png

Scored a PO FOR A combo pack as I was randomly googling for retailers this morning. First time ordering from them (yoyakunow) so no idea if they will come through or if the shipping will be insane. One positive sign is that it went out of stock after I placed my order. 

2 hours ago, gabuyan said:

Anyone looking to grab a DX Armored VF-1 full set, Amazon has a seller selling at more or less retail price now, and offers international shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Chogokin-Dimension-Fortress-Valkyrie-Pre-painted/dp/B093BXKQFF/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&keywords=DX超合金+劇場版VF-1A&qid=1631634897&s=hobby&sr=1-23

Look for this store 小胖玩具屋

image.png.b9e64654cc36211ae13d237b913dee35.png

That didn't last long. Gone now.

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

That didn't last long. Gone now.

Hopefully some were able to grab one. I would check back every now and then until the release date on the 25 Sep, since retailers would be putting up orders that were cancelled or that they have overstocked on. Keep up the faith!