MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

9 minutes ago, gulan said:

did amazon jp offer oversea shipping on this one?

Apparently not... although I doubt it would've mattered anyway, unless you managed to get your order processed within the first sixty seconds or so. <_<

I've never seen an Amazon.jp listing sell out so quickly before. :o

1 hour ago, gulan said:

i totally forgot about this preorder and slept through it.  did amazon jp offer oversea shipping on this one?

Consider yourself lucky to have missed it.  A lot of shenanigans going on with the retailers that sell this stuff.  I honestly don't trust but 1 or 2 of them at this point.  I think it's just better to wait until it's released from now on and pay a small markup.  At least until we start seeing the fruits of the BW HG deal realized.

1 minute ago, Special Sauce said:

Do buyers in the US use proxy's to purchase from amazon.jp?

They ship them to a Tenso address if it cannot be shipped to the US.

Edited by weiser21

25 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

They ship them to a Tenso address if it cannot be shipped to the US.

@weiser21 I saw people mention this but I didn't know what they were talking about until I looked it up.  Seems like a nice option.

Edited by Special Sauce

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

shipping from Tenso to USA can still be expensive  and a small service fee.  

@F360 Good to know.  Is there a thread on here that talks about it and peoples experience using it?  I don't want to derail this topic with unrelated stuff

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Apparently not... although I doubt it would've mattered anyway, unless you managed to get your order processed within the first sixty seconds or so. <_<

I've never seen an Amazon.jp listing sell out so quickly before. :o

Yeah, I was really surprised by how fast it sold out. I snagged mine in the first 10 seconds and when I checked back a few minutes later, it was sold out. I think that's a new record.

3 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Do buyers in the US use proxy's to purchase from amazon.jp?

You can, but when you add up the service fees and shipping fees, it's not too different from having AJ ship directly to Tenso and then have Tenso ship to you. You become your own proxy, in effect. And Tenso will hold your stuff for a bit, so you can combine things for shipping. They do make their money on shipping. It's not terrible, but you do notice the higher price.

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

@F360 Good to know.  Is there a thread on here that talks about it and peoples experience using it?  I don't want to derail this topic with unrelated stuff

I had used Tenso when I purchased the Arcadia 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross Premium Finish a few years back. It was about a $75 USD service/shipping fee for the item, and it was the only way I could have gotten this item sent to the US. The shipping was fast; the packaging was only decent but definitely should have been better; the SDF-1’s box arrived with some slight dents and minor creases—I was a little upset at this considering it was a $500 item.  The service got me what I needed, but I hope to not have to use it again unless absolutely necessary. 

29 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yeah, I was really surprised by how fast it sold out. I snagged mine in the first 10 seconds and when I checked back a few minutes later, it was sold out. I think that's a new record.

You can, but when you add up the service fees and shipping fees, it's not too different from having AJ ship directly to Tenso and then have Tenso ship to you. You become your own proxy, in effect. And Tenso will hold your stuff for a bit, so you can combine things for shipping. They do make their money on shipping. It's not terrible, but you do notice the higher price.

Cool.  Maybe I'll try it out at some point.

16 minutes ago, Jade20X said:

I had used Tenso when I purchased the Arcadia 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross Premium Finish a few years back. It was about a $75 USD service/shipping fee for the item, and it was the only way I could have gotten this item sent to the US. The shipping was fast; the packaging was only decent but definitely should have been better; the SDF-1’s box arrived with some slight dents and minor creases—I was a little upset at this considering it was a $500 item.  The service got me what I needed, but I hope to not have to use it again unless absolutely necessary. 

That is a lot but it's nice to have the option

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Ditto. Landed mine in the same first few seconds after it dropped. It went fast. But GBP is pretty iconic in the series.

8 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

was this up and gone or do they still have yet to open?

https://kuramatoys.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyou-custom/

It had been up, but I never saw the actual listing where it could be bought...then the page was taken down....and now it is back in the same state as when originally posted on their website...perhaps they are about to list it? :unknw:

• jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - CURRENT POs: GBP Armor Set, Armored Valkyrie VF-1J - POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

I feel like Kuruma will go live after Golden Week also, and with an inflated price, which I think is what they've done previously. They come to the table later than other retailers after gauging the market demand to get them the most profit.

2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I feel like Kuruma will go live after Golden Week also, and with an inflated price, which I think is what they've done previously. They come to the table later than other retailers after gauging the market demand to get them the most profit.

It's the same as any official DX release in Japan.

When the DX YF-19 Full Set was officially released, it was 24k yen at stores and a week later, it shot up to 33k yen which insued a mad scramble for one member here that was in Akihabrara during time it was out for public grabs. 

In an effort to move the conversation about the PO thread back to the PO thread, with Golden Week coming up and a possible lull in new listings, let's examine how well this worked out? The experiment was to try to remove all the talk about buying a toy from the thread dedicated to the toy. This is super helpful if you're ever trying to hunt down an individual post a month later because, as this thread proves, PO night immediately adds MANY pages of fun ordering comments and the occasional later listings cause additional flurries of activity. So the big Pro is that the toy thread is usually helpful info and speculation about the toy without being bogged down with complaints about the purchase process.

How do you guys think it went? 

If you didn't like it, do you think it will improve as people get used to the idea?

Do you think it would be better if we eliminated the "PO thread" and instead made a new topic for every new release, even if the release is just a repaint?

Should we have separate "Ordering" threads for each Bandai PO or should it just be one thread that stays a repository for any upcoming PO?

A little color from many years ago that I'm sure some of us will remember and I'm reminded of when I look for info on older posts. We used to have separate posts for individual releases but Yamato was releasing new repaints of the VF-1 every month and the conversation got harder to track. This would inevitably cause the conversation to aggregate in a 'mega thread' dedicated to all VF-1, VF-25, etc. toys (which created different difficulties for tracking down a post). It really seems like the proper solution here is tied to the volume of toys being released and the ability to buy those toys. Mospeada can have a thread that is self-contained because few toys are released and POs are easy to come by. Arcadia can have one thread or dedicated threads for each type of toy that include the PO talk because, again, the POs are not the kind of thing that causes weeping and gnashing of teeth. 

Suggestions?

So far, am liking the separate PO thread. 

My tots;

1) Have a PO in progress thread which tracks PO's and link info until release day.
2) For product threads, breaking down into sub-threads can be done if required, but i rather not mix PO links discussions (commercial oriented) with product discussions (fan oriented).
Due to;
- Let folks who are interested in PO focus their efforts into a PO thread. (One PO thread for all brands.)
- Let folks who want to discuss products/merch continue discussions uninterrupted and avoid repeated PO link questions, in the dedicated product thread.

My 2 cents.

Edited by seti88

I was reading @F360’s post in the other thread and agreed with it. Just makes sense that each release should have its own thread that includes everything about it.

But, @jenius makes a great point here that different products might need different treatment. Since PO Madness only applies to Bandai, this thread should just be dedicated to items that apply. No need to include all Macross POs here if there is no “madness” involved. 

That’s all I got. The search here is nearly useless so I don’t even try and I don’t care either way. Like I said in the other thread, I’m just here to enjoy Macross with others who share the craze and it doesn’t matter which thread I do that in. 

I like to keep things simple. 1 thread for 1 release. If I want any info regarding a figure I go to its dedicated thread. There will always be many pages of "chit chat" and "redundant info" regardless how we separate the thread into general info or PO, etc so may as well leave everything regarding a particular figure to its dedicated thread. For eg, I am interested in VF-1S but not 1D I can easily see if there's any new updates, info or posts for the thread.

It works pretty well in 1/6 figure forums I frequent.

Since we are partaking in discussion of how to better improve the new initiative to better organise our threads on MWF, I would not be opposed to having dedicated PO Madness and release threads for each toy, ie 2 threads for each toy - 1 for PO Madness, and 1 to discuss the actual toy.

It would help to keep specific chatter to threads without minimal cross discussions, making finding specific information easier.

More work to maintain, and more threads to follow.

The general DX VF-1 thread would still be useful to speculate about unannounced VF-1 variants or discussing the DX VF-1 line in general.

It does make it harder to post a message covering your love of multiple valks etc, but we'll have to weight up the pros and cons of each solution.

I see value in pursuing continued prototyping of the new thread management so we can measure the effectiveness of our solution and then discuss as a community the next steps for improvement.

Mainly I just want to be able to search threads for pertinent information on releases after the fact, rather than sorting through pages of “got one” or “up at x”. Or for that matter pages of people just posting pose pictures, at least add some text on your thoughts... We also have dedicated threads for posing toys, collection pictures, and the like.

4 hours ago, eXis10z said:

I like to keep things simple. 1 thread for 1 release. If I want any info regarding a figure I go to its dedicated thread. There will always be many pages of "chit chat" and "redundant info" regardless how we separate the thread into general info or PO, etc so may as well leave everything regarding a particular figure to its dedicated thread. For eg, I am interested in VF-1S but not 1D I can easily see if there's any new updates, info or posts for the thread.

I second this.  My experience has been this way in other forums as well.

Just putting this update here in case it happened to anyone else besides myself.  So I pre-ordered from AE but after contacting them about the order they told me that even though the order went through and they charged me for it they wouldn't be able to supply the VF-1J set because someone before me got their order processed first.  That didn't make sense to me because it should only process the orders they have an allotted supply for but whatever.  They have since refunded the money they took from me for the order so I'm all set in that regard.  I'm still not pleased by the whole situation but at least I got my money back.  I still won't order from them again after that experience.  Maybe it's an outlier but given experiences I've had over the years, something like this has never happened, which really makes me wonder what's really going on. 

6 hours ago, eXis10z said:

+1, I like this too.

I will ask this once and only once.
Please be respectful to each other in this thread or I'll just turn this place into a Robotech forum, I'm sure I can get a license from HG.

Seriously knock it off, please.

The PO/PRODUCT separate threads is currently the WAY we are going to do things for the current GBP nd near-term releases. No further discussions.
All Purchase talk goes into THIS thread.
All Product talk goes into the OTHER thread.

The benefit of this process is all the chatter on orders, which have an extremely short lived lifespan stay encapsulated in one area.
The product thread remains clean, without reading countless 'go here ...sold' threads, which once read are literally throw away comments.
The downside is that you potentially have to look in 2 places now for product and purchase information.

If you simply cannot adjust to this separate thread concept, I urge you to try some features of the board which allow you to see everything in one view
Simply click on the Unread at top, which will open a super cool filter option that shows everything...choose Toys/Unread and whammo-you now see the Purchase and Product talk in once screen again. This is more akin to a continuous 'information feed' which might mirror other social network platforms which you are probably used to.

If a particular plugin seems useful from here, we can implement too, but please discuss that in the Feedback forum.
https://invisioncommunity.com/files/

Thank you for your support and please do NOT reply to my comment here...lets get back to track on Purchase information before we shutdown for the weekend.
Thanks!
Shawn
image.thumb.png.8d17d0a83ee673236f49124b21fedd99.png

I just realised that p-bandai reopened their twe for the armoured packs for the VF-1J, when did this happened? Too bad My wife helped me source for one from Okinland which is a bit more than if I ordered thru a proxy to get this direct from p-bandai

18 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I just realised that p-bandai reopened their twe for the armoured packs for the VF-1J, when did this happened? Too bad My wife helped me source for one from Okinland which is a bit more than if I ordered thru a proxy to get this direct from p-bandai

It was posted on the sold out link on p-Bandai around 04-27-21 with the new link for the 2nd batch that will start preorder on 04-30-21 .    
I think it was posted in the other thread originally and it was also posted here too on the 28th

But with the preorder of the Armored combo being on 04-28-21 , with preorder madness and all ,the info got mixed and bury very quickly 

This 2nd batch is limited to 1 per customer, with a release months of October, so most proxy filled up all their allotments even quicker .