MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You're right. I just logged out to see that it's back to being 'In Stock'. :rolleyes:

That explains it! I was logged in when I saw it marked as out of stock (right after purchase), but I'm logged out now and it's marked as in stock. I logged back in and it's marked as out of stock. Their new system must know that you've already bought one, and one is the limit.

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

That explains it! I was logged in when I saw it marked as out of stock (right after purchase), but I'm logged out now and it's marked as in stock. I logged back in and it's marked as out of stock. Their new system must know that you've already bought one, and one is the limit.

Good guy Anime-export selling 1 item per customer to make scalper life harder.

2 hours ago, Rein+ said:

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/2816-dx-chogokin-compatible-armored-parts-set-for-vf-31ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immelman-machine.html

another one but idk if they already sold out or if we can only pre-order it at the exact date.

what's with these site opening order before the actual pre-order date😂.

It’s been pretty crazy the last year maybe? More and more shops are doing it. And TWE is selling out almost as fast as regular releases.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Since I ordered all my past TWE Macross  add-on sets from NY and they went under does anyone know if anime-export was carrying the add-on sets in the past?

Yes, but when Bandai does two PO rounds in rapid succession (happened with the GBP Parts, TV Super Parts, and DYRL Super/Strike Parts), you don't always know which one you'll end up in when you go through AE. They generally just have one listing for a TWE item on their site. I think other members figured out that if the number of orders exceeds their allotment for the first round, AE automatically moves you to the second, but may not tell you. If the second round allotment fills up before they get to your order, I'm pretty sure they cancel it and refund your payment. However, by that point it might be too late to PO from another source without paying a huge markup. I don't think AE is unique in using this approach, so I'm not trying to single them out. It's just the collateral damage associated with Bandai placing strict limits on who can purchase a TWE item (only folks in Japan with a valid address, phone number, and bank account) and how many they can purchase (usually no more than 4).

On 12/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, Rein+ said:

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/2816-dx-chogokin-compatible-armored-parts-set-for-vf-31ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immelman-machine.html

another one but idk if they already sold out or if we can only pre-order it at the exact date.

what's with these site opening order before the actual pre-order date😂.

It's available now, and pretty decent pricing too compared to most other places..

5 hours ago, close313 said:

Im not sure if it will be cheaper in mandarake or not in the future,. but Amazon has it and got mine for Y28100ish when they removed the tax from the Y31000. ahh better than nothing i guess,

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09BCLRN54?psc=1&smid=A1XED9JZK3M6N&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

That's a solid release day price. Especially considering that for $5 more it will be shipped DHL. I just ordered one from Amazon JP to back stop my LP PO. Thanks for the link.:hail:

Got four sets of armor parts through a buddy in JP too. Two for me and one each for two friends.:good:

Edited by sqidd

AE shipped my VF-31AX via DHL earlier today (no email notification, had to log in to check status). Looks like it will arrive by next Monday, but knowing DHL, it might be here in a few days since it's already working its way through customs clearance in Japan. Also woke up to an email from a proxy service saying that they were successful in ordering a set of super parts. It's been a good day.

38 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

AE shipped my VF-31AX via DHL earlier today (no email notification, had to log in to check status). Looks like it will arrive by next Monday, but knowing DHL, it might be here in a few days since it's already working its way through customs clearance in Japan. Also woke up to an email from a proxy service saying that they were successful in ordering a set of super parts. It's been a good day.

It’s definitely a good feeling to wake up finding your proxy secured your order. Ditto on my parts. I have my 31AX sitting in the HLJ warehouse because I’m heading out on vacation but I’m eager to get it. Kairos is my favorite next to the VF-1

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

Anyone receive a shipping notice from Luna Park yet?

I have but only because I asked them. They basically told me the holidays are delaying their processing to DHL and everything would be moving on January 4th, which is presumably when notices will nominally go out. DHL apparently is working and moving packages now (despite LP claiming both they and DHL are off for the holidays) but Luna Park clearly isn't as active now so it's safe to say you'll hear about movement in January.

2 hours ago, recon said:

Hi guys

Is AE a japan based shop and are they reliable? Tks

Yes, they are in Tokyo. I've ordered from them for several years now, as have many other members. More info here:

I mentioned in an earlier response that the only thing you have to be aware of with AE when it comes to TWE items like the super parts set is when Bandai does a second PO for an item right after the first one quickly sells out (GBP armor parts set being the most recent example). I think AE only has one listing for a TWE item on their site, so depending on when you order, you could unknowingly end up in the second PO group because AE used up all of their available slots for the first group before they got to you. So, when the first run of the item is released, you're wondering where your order is, so you contact their customer support, which is when you find out that you'll be waiting another three months for the second run. If AE runs out of slots for a TWE item, they do refund your payment. It's not a bad idea to contact them well in advance of a TWE release with two POs to find out which one you're in.

No store is perfect, but I've never had a bad experience with them.

2 hours ago, recon said:

Hi guys

Is AE a japan based shop and are they reliable? Tks

I have been their customer since late 2016. Their customer support is fast to respond and legit imo. 
there's this one time received some defective item (VF-31E) with missing ankle armor and they replace my vf-31e with the new one after i shipped mine back to them. its overall nice experience.

can't find my old email about their actual address but they should be in tokyo.

• 3 weeks later...

so a question to those that may have more knowledge on this.....I am getting a Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F World Wide Macross release pre-ordered from BBTS.  I know that the release of this toy is April, but realistically, when can it be expected that BBTS will be sending these out?  June?  July?  Through the years on this site, I have heard that it seems that BBTS gets their Japanese items on the back of a donkey, strapped to two steel drums, set adrift into the Pacific ocean, and it might take a long while to arrive.  Didn't know if someone had a better idea.  Thank You!

Twich

I've been using BBTS for way more than a decade at this point - and whilst reliability is a strong point (I think in hundreds of orders I've had one item that they've cancelled on me) - speed is fair. It's not awful and it's not lightening quick. However given what a mess global shipping is at this point ... well patience is key. It can take a few days between clicking ship and it showing up on tracking, but stuff is generally well packed. Their service is great - whenever I've had a problem with a figure (maybe 3 or 4 times since the early 2000's) or so they've sent replacements out without fuss. I ordered the same VF-25 from them you did. It's good to be able to order from them again -I got some of my original Valks from them back when they carried Yamato releases (including an Ivanov) (they stopped carrying Macross Valks at some stage but I couldn't say exactly when - but I definitely got a VF-11, a bunch of VF-1s including the Stealth and Forest camo ones from them in the distant past).

Pre-ordering from them in future (assuming they get the figure) will be less stressful than from the Japanese retailers - but likely more expensive and you'll get your figure later. TF Source, another American retailer I frequently use, also is carrying this figure. Their shipping is faster that BBTS, but they sometimes get figures a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, twich said:

so a question to those that may have more knowledge on this.....I am getting a Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F World Wide Macross release pre-ordered from BBTS.  I know that the release of this toy is April, but realistically, when can it be expected that BBTS will be sending these out?  June?  July?  Through the years on this site, I have heard that it seems that BBTS gets their Japanese items on the back of a donkey, strapped to two steel drums, set adrift into the Pacific ocean, and it might take a long while to arrive.  Didn't know if someone had a better idea.  Thank You!

Twich

If japan release date is in April then it will most likely be July until the US distribution get its.   

6 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

I can relate. BBTS has always come through, but one item I ordered was supposed to ship in October 2020, then the date kept changing to whatever the current month was. I'm pretty sure that delay was caused by some manufacturing problems, but once the item was released overseas it still took another 2-3 months for BBTS to receive it. Finally got the item in October 2021 (one year later).

4 hours ago, F360 said:

If japan release date is in April then it will most likely be July until the US distribution get its.   

I just checked Amazon US and they're listing 15 July as the release date. I'm guessing all US-based retailers, even the really big ones, are waiting for the same allotment of VF-25s to arrive by ship. Since it will take 2-3 months post-release for that to happen (putting aside port delays), mid-July makes sense.