MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

41 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Anyone opt for the collector grade packaging option from The Chosen Prime? Is it worth the extra $8?

Do you want to open up and display the new 25 or keep it in the box and suffocate it so it can’t breathe? It’s your money and choice. 

22 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Ppl are gonna be like; "What's a valkyrie?" "Macross, what's that?"

And I'll be smiling!

^ This quote is for our friendly Ph.D Feline @Shizuka the Cat when she started out as a rookie and asked many questions. 

Within the span of almost half a year (?),  she has climbed up the ranks and we all treated her like a part of the family. Waiting for your return on the boards when you have time. 

Edited by borgified

So, so, so great that we can get these collectibles outside of Japan now - 

Now to build a new database of shops that may carry future releases here. 

Please don't take this as a complaint, but the random times at which this WWM popped up across the landscape brings about a different challenge to continuously monitor sites until you can get a release. 

At least I don't have to go shopping for another keyboard that soon...the F5 key should last a little longer now :acute:

Haha I love this emotional roller coaster ride. From salty tears not getting the Japan POs to cries of joy for US retailers opening up their POs. Hopefully Bandai takes note of international demand.

Edit: Anyone PO from these guys before?

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/macross-frontier-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-anniversary-bandai-909861

Edited by wmkjr

the crazy part is its now been.. over 12 hours since presales have opened with US retailers.... and these are still available to order!!! and from multiple sites!

Edited by VX31

No alarms clocks, no F5 madness, no 3 seconds (or half an hour) check out window, no crashed server, no agony from being cartjacked, no scalper price.......and on and on...

Wow! I can't believe this, someone pinch me! 

This IS the way Macross PO should be!! :yahoo:

Edited by yman1437

2 hours ago, yman1437 said:

No alarms clocks, no F5 madness, no 3 seconds (or half an hour) check out window, no crashed server, no agony from being cartjacked, no scalper price.......and on and on...

Wow! I can't believe this, someone pinch me! 

This IS the way Macross PO should be!! :yahoo:

Yes. i was sad that i miss this but then bam, even my local online store start offering this PO with MSRP price amazing.

3 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Hopefully Bandai takes note of international demand.

International demand huh?…

3 hours ago, VX31 said:

the crazy part is its now been.. over 12 hours since presales have opened with US retailers.... and these are still available to order!!! and from multiple sites!

Not looking so in demand…

🤪 Love the roller coaster, here for the ride and enjoying my Valks. 

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They sell all the other premium Bandai figures. Now that the Macross licensing has been worked out for non-SDFM/DYRL stuff it makes sense that the usual US stores would carry it.

So still PO madness for 1/48 VF-1s?

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

International demand huh?…

Not looking so in demand…

🤪 Love the roller coaster, here for the ride and enjoying my Valks. 

I know, right? But I think it may also be that a good number has preordered from the usual import stores plus it's a non-canon variant that some may not care for. The real test is when a canon valk goes up for preorder, let's say Arad's 31AX. When that happens, I do hope most people will preorder locally or get their doubles locally at least. It's gonna take a lot of will power to say no to JP preorders but that's how it's gonna be if we want to keep this going. I'm not saying Bandai will stop supplying Macross DX and HMR overseas but most likely we might not get the good and exclusive stuff locally if sales don't pan out. Let's hope for the best. 

I've said it before, but if Bandai will be judging the international demand for Macross based of non-SDFM/DYRL merch.....their numbers in my opinion will be way off....

At this early stage all we can do is support Macross with purchasing what they release if we like what is being released...I personally changed my purchase  decision on the VF-25 WWM, but have zero interest in the "microphones"...I may have went for a Minmay DYRL mic....but that's not part of the allowable Macross merch at the moment...

Even though for me it is bittersweet, I cannot deny that these recent events are the most positive for Macross collectors in decades....I am hopeful that all parties involved will eventually make the business decisions that will be good for everyone, especially the fans...

For now just going to grab some popcorn and see how this all plays out....

7 minutes ago, Mac said:

USAGundamstore.com has it for pre-order. If its your first time making a purchase you get a 10% discount code.

My order came out to $223.34 after taxes. I live in CA.

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/macross-frontier-dx-chogokin-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniversary-ver

USA GUndam Store pretty much always has a 10% discount code available if you look around.

Ages Three And Up in Burnaby, BC, Canada, just put it up for pre-order ($284.99 CDN + free shipping within Canada and the US or pickup in-store; I always just pick up in store to avoid shipping damages):

https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/products/bandai-macross-frontier-dx-chogokin-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniversary-version?variant=39602495553616

9 left as of this posting...

Edited by UNSpacy

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I've said it before, but if Bandai will be judging the international demand for Macross based of non-SDFM/DYRL merch.....their numbers in my opinion will be way off....

At this early stage all we can do is support Macross with purchasing what they release if we like what is being released...I personally changed my purchase  decision on the VF-25 WWM, but have zero interest in the "microphones"...I may have went for a Minmay DYRL mic....but that's not part of the allowable Macross merch at the moment...

Even though for me it is bittersweet, I cannot deny that these recent events are the most positive for Macross collectors in decades....I am hopeful that all parties involved will eventually make the business decisions that will be good for everyone, especially the fans...

For now just going to grab some popcorn and see how this all plays out....

Yep, this is all good stuff for sure and I will be ordering whatever I can from US shops if this first example holds true going forward. 

I do think all the indicators still show that Macross is just not a big seller/money maker relative to many other properties so we are lucky to get what we have. I mean, these things sell out in seconds at the Japanese shops and don’t even come close to making the top selling lists on sites that show ratings like AmiAmi and CDJ.

The heck… You’re in my area of the hood @UNSpacy:lol:

I’m a semi-regular at the store as I poke in to see the Masterpiece & 3rd Party TFs. I also bought a couple of 1/6 figures from them as well. 

A3U had a small selection of Macross Stuff, however I haven’t been inside to look around as I’ve been picking up orders from them (not to worry as I didn’t pre-order the 25 at all). 

16 hours ago, UNSpacy said:

Ages Three And Up in Burnaby, BC, Canada, just put it up for pre-order ($284.99 CDN + free shipping within Canada and the US or pickup in-store; I always just pick up in store to avoid shipping damages):

https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/products/bandai-macross-frontier-dx-chogokin-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniversary-version?variant=39602495553616

9 left as of this posting...

Holy cow. If these guys get releases consistently, this is going to save me so much money. No shipping and duty fees. Thats aprox $150-200 savings per dx valk.

8 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Holy cow. If these guys get releases consistently, this is going to save me so much money. No shipping and duty fees. Thats aprox $150-200 savings per dx valk.

I decided to order another to test out this shop. I ended up getting charged tax bring up the price to  319. Sucks but still cheaper than the duty and shipping costs from Japan.