MacrossWorld's PO Thread - SECOND PO of 2024 will be JANUARY 26 4PM...DX CHOGOKIN VT-1 SUPER OSTRICH...NOT a WWM Release!!...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

10 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Oh okay... you meant it from that angle, lol.
With pp's 180 day window NY definitely found the workaround that, after a 5.5 month preorder release date NY further stalls with saying they're 'preparing shipment' and then not sending the order (after 3 more weeks breaking the 180 days), preventing the buyer from filing dispute. XD

They certainly knew how to game the system.....

The sad part is that I am am sure Paypal has done nothing to change their processes when receiving complaints on individual retailers and when to pull the plug....they have no reason too, they take their cut regardless if the customer gets ripped-off or not.....it is probably not until they break some set "loss" threshold in "complementary 100 dollar voucher" customer payments related to compalints tied to specific vendors that they finally decide to pull the plug...and those vouchers must be used to buy stuff using Paypal...so they again are taking a cut from wherever retailer you decide to use the vouncher at.....

The next NY is out there...ready to go from Japanese retailing darling...to most hated Japanese retailer out there...LOL

2 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

to clarify it's unclear if PayPal removed them or NY removed PayPal to prevent buyers from easily disputing and getting a refund. You would think that there won't be any buyers after removing PayPal, but there are still buyers who gamble especially during the NY sale a month ago.

37 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

it really raises an eyebrow about NY releasing this high profile figure with that low mark up price and pay later option, seriously already seeing in Amazon JP at 40 k Yen!

Probably trying to rebuild their customer base, after how much they've absolutely ****ed tanked their reputation recently.

19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Probably trying to rebuild their customer base, after how much they've absolutely ****ed tanked their reputation recently.

Still won't bite.... not at least until they make good on what they still owe me.

12 hours ago, bleecher said:

Did Amazon JP ever open for preorders?

11 hours ago, Yugure0 said:

Yup.  For about 1 minute...😭

To clarify, it only opened for about a min to domestic orders but never opened for global. And yeah, first time ever that the cart froze on me and got cart jacked.

9 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

not really, posted it after securing my order, lol. And the item link was posted by HLJ themselves an hour before it opened (though the page is not available or 404 before the order time) on a site. Was actually surprised it was not posted here much earlier.

Um shhhhhhh. I know I didn’t post it until I got mines. I got sick of doing the heavy lifting finding listings only to have lurkers pop in and go I got one thanks never to be heard from again. You gotta keep a few tricks your sleeve ya know?

20 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

not really, posted it after securing my order, lol. And the item link was posted by HLJ themselves an hour before it opened (though the page is not available or 404 before the order time) on a site. Was actually surprised it was not posted here much earlier.

Where did they post the link? On twitter?

On a similar but separate note, why the heck would any of you want to create more competition for yourselves in securing something that is already super difficult to PO?? Use some common sense. Try direct PM'ing someone if you're really curious about a question like where someone got the link somewhere. (And that's not an open invitation to PM me as much as I love ya'll though I'm always happy to resell my extras at cost 90% of the time. That's how I choose to give back.)

Unless Shawn or JVMacross (who started this new process) has a different opinion, the rule for PO has been to share a link once PO has been acquired.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yo. That's the mystery isn't it? Find it like the rest of us. Sorry not sorry. The PO rule here is to share links after you've secured your own and that's what @pafy6285 did like a good steward of the board.

I wasn’t aware that my question was infringing on the ‚tricks of the trade‘.

My idea was the more people in this thread know where to look the easier it is for all of us to secure a preorder. Especially since not everyone is interested in all the items.

Apparently I was wrong so forget that I asked.

57 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

On a similar but separate note, why the heck would any of you want to create more competition for yourselves in securing something that is already super difficult to PO?? Use some common sense. Try direct PM'ing someone if you're really curious about a question like where someone got the link somewhere. (And that's not an open invitation to PM me as much as I love ya'll though I'm always happy to resell my extras at cost 90% of the time. That's how I choose to give back.)

Unless Shawn or JVMacross (who started this new process) has a different opinion, the rule for PO has been to share a link once PO has been acquired.

To be honest, I do not recall any specific "rule" in regards to PO's...it is mostly commonsense and there is basically an "unwritten rule" understood by most here to try to be a contributing member and not just one that takes and never gives back in any positive way, shape or form....in short, whoever is posting the PO link  does so of their own accord, whether they have secured their own PO or not would be totally up to the person posting the PO, there are some that have no interest in the PO at hand, but still help by posting links to the PO's if they find them (this can happen on PO night or post PO night)...obviously, if you have not scored your own PO but want to, then it would make sense to do so first, then share the intel....of course, that scenario could mean you have already scored one via someone else's kindly PO link or via the very link you are about the post....although it is much appreciated by the MW community if you decide to be a contributor during PO night or any other day of the year...by no means is it a requirement for membership as far as I know (I think the only thing that comes close to this idea is the "5 post" requirement in order to post in the "for sale/trade" threads)....

The bottomline is that the difficulty in securing these PO's seems to only be getting worse as the fandom increases and the production of these Macross items either stays the same or does not increase enough to meet the demand.....I do not see this situation changing anytime soon so everyone is ultimately responsible for figuring out how to best secure your own PO's and to change up your tactics to meet the changing challenges....

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

On a similar but separate note, why the heck would any of you want to create more competition for yourselves in securing something that is already super difficult to PO??

Some people like to contribute at their own expense. Others do not. 

43 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I wasn’t aware that my question was infringing on the ‚tricks of the trade‘.

My idea was the more people in this thread know where to look the easier it is for all of us to secure a preorder. Especially since not everyone is interested in all the items.

Apparently I was wrong so forget that I asked.

Well that was passive aggressive. Feel free to be more direct. You're obviously allowed to have an opinion just like me. It's simple: You asked a question and I responded. You don't have to like my response, but I'm certainly not the only one who thinks this way.

16 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Some people like to contribute at their own expense. Others do not. 

Totally. Astute comment. Nevertheless, one I don't have to like or not comment on, ya know? I choose to give out free loans with no interest at my expense and sell extras at cost but prefer other people's decisions not to inhibit my ability to acquire these POs at my expense because they freely share info to people who do nothing to contribute in return (and that isn't a statement reflective of you or Scyla.... it's not point at anyone specific but the general lurkers and people who only come around for PO night and take).

35 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

To be honest...

I think much of what you said goes without saying my friend unless it was to clarify your intent as a contributor. The Mods ultimately are charged with maintaining order here - not you and I. But like you said, it's an unwritten rule that I'm speaking about. We're talking about the same thing: People should contribute to community. I'm pointing out that they don't. So while @Scyla may and has contributed for a long time, asking the question on a public forum instead of a private message invites leeches to garner that. We all know that every second counts for these. And while people obviously comment or divulge at their own discretion, I give my blunt opinion at my own discretion to give something to consider before divulging.

People have helped here by posting links especially in the heat of PO night. The resources are there as to where and which retailers carry Macross stuff. There is no website that is being kept secret as far as I know. I'd say just encourage the members to do some legwork themselves instead of popping here asking for a link. They can keep a list of these websites so they can themselves check by visiting and monitoring the said websites or emailing them if they still have anything or if their PO have started. I'm doing that myself right now. Even if it is helpful to find a link here, the reality is that by the time I see it, the website has sold out because the information has been widely desimminated. So it's better for me to monitor these websites directly and increase my chances of getting a PO rather than wait for somebody else to do the job.

It’s tough. I think oldy timey members are happy to help in general but it does irk that these figs are getting harder and harder to order AND there are a fair amount of lurkers/new members we only see on PO night. 

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

It’s tough. I think oldy timey members are happy to help in general but it does irk that these figs are getting harder and harder to order AND there are a fair amount of lurkers/new members we only see on PO night. 

Also seeing lots of people posting on social media fb, ig, twitter, etc... it's inevitable that would happen, but it also creates more awareness/hype aka more fomo/demand?.

Perhaps there’s some hope, this 31AX may show up for PO outside Japan soon? Just like the recent Mac 7 Basara & Mylene statues..

Totally forgot about another site that wasn’t mentioned here this round: Hobby-Genki. They are sold out, but I am wondering if anyone did get any orders in? Come to think if it, don’t seem to hear anyone PO-ing or receiving stuff from them over the last few PO’s, although the vendor do occasionally come to these boards.

6 minutes ago, MKT said:

Perhaps there’s some hope, this 31AX may show up for PO outside Japan soon? Just like the recent Mac 7 Basara & Mylene statues..

Totally forgot about another site that wasn’t mentioned here this round: Hobby-Genki. They are sold out, but I am wondering if anyone did get any orders in? Come to think if it, don’t seem to hear anyone PO-ing or receiving stuff from them over the last few PO’s, although the vendor do occasionally come to these boards.

I reached out to @BluefinBrands and got this response:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're afraid that we do not have any updates or announcements as to whether this item will be releasing within the U.S. at this time.

Not sure that it can be taken as anything more than the rep wasn't aware of any announcements at the time I inquired yesterday. But worth sharing.

Also, re: @Hobby Genki I haven't seen them turn their listing live yet. Neither has Okini Land from what I can tell.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

If lurkers are really that much of a concern, can't this specific topic be set up so only logged in members with at least 5 posts can see it, like the old for sale forums? 

Honestly, I don't think lurkers are really the problem. It's Bandai's extremely limited production and "professional" scalpers buying up as much stock as they can. They have no need for these boards to do what they do. 

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If lurkers are really that much of a concern, can't this specific topic be set up so only logged in members with at least 5 posts can see it, like the old for sale forums? 

Honestly, I don't think lurkers are really the problem. It's Bandai's extremely limited production and "professional" scalpers buying up as much stock as they can. They have no need for these boards to do what they do. 

Limiting the PO threads is an interesting idea. Lurkers and newbies are ultimately good because more interest means more shows/toys. I think it strikes an emotional chord; especially when you come up empty handed on PO night haha

Hopefully we will see some international distribution coupled with increased production in time for the next show/movie. 

6 minutes ago, F360 said:

well. sometimes it hard to get a good sleep when you know there's a actives preorder night. 

You will just be turning in bed instead of F5ing and clicking away. :D

Preach.jpg.567272871fcabc77e63c621940f19f2b.jpg

That's what happened to me for the 31J with Speaker Pods. I woke up two min before release, panicked, and ordered two of them from my iPad. 🤷‍♂️